Chris Steele To The U?

Advertisement
Rel, respect first off. I'm with you on most of that, but the one thing I disagree with is onpy letting them come around once or twice. You do that and we're seen as the stuck up school. Our late offers in the past and lack of attention made recruits not too long ago feel that way.

Every recruit is different and you play the recruiting game accordingly. Some that may work for, but others it won't. I get it, you want this to be an it place to be and the only way getting here is by committing. They see those other schools as something wild, crazy, and fun that they experienced once. They wonder what it's like in trip two, three, etc but they cant get there all the timr like they can here.

Point blank though, we aren't losing most recruits to ****** teams. Those we do lose go to more relevant and "it" teams of current times. They're that way because they're winning and then are loading up their classes with studs. That's what recruits want.

We don't start stacking good seasons, Manny will exit the door like the past three coaches. You can't keep the studs home, he better kill it in the field until they do come. It's a tough place and contrary to what most on here will say, these big schools are more attractive campus wise than we are. I'm not going to get into that, but it is what it is.

Absolutely, but I didn’t mean we simply limit kids to two visits. But we gotta find an in between w these recruits where they feel they can just come when they want.

Absolutely, but I didn’t mean we simply limit kids to two visits. But we gotta find an in between w these recruits where they feel they can just come when they want.
When Stevenson and some of the others came all the work weren't they mostly just visiting their friends in the team? I mean CAN the coaches actually stop the kids from visiting unofficially?

Advertisement
When Stevenson and some of the others came all the work weren't they mostly just visiting their friends in the team? I mean CAN the coaches actually stop the kids from visiting unofficially?

Good ?. That I’m not sure of, but I do know Pete did at SC in a very slick and tactful way when kids from Poly used to try to come up there to see Bing, Dennis, and Justice.

My boy played on both national title teams and he relayed a story of a time when Pete just had an UOV w this one kid, and I guess someone on staff saw the dude back up there the next day to hang out. Story goes Pete came out to find the kid and said “hey young man, good to see u again. Where u here to talk and ask further questions about ur academic and athletic plans? If so, I didn’t get the memo and I apologize for that. But if ur here b/c u like the mystique of being a champion, u let me know so we can make that happen, b/c this campus is for the men & women who wear Cardinal & Gold and want to be apart of something great.”

That story always stuck out to me. He said Pete or someone from his staff would just peep campus for kids trying to hang out at SC that were being recruited all the time, b/c that’s what high school guys were doing. The college chicks loved the attention, the kids of course liked the attention and the feel, but Pete made sure no one got too comfortable unless they committed.

💯
It can’t be like Shannon and also can’t be like CMR.
Manny said that the locker room will police itself.
I wonder how much that will spill into recruiting.
I had posted during the Stevenson situation that wtf are the leaders doing letting some high schooler just walk all over the program like that. If I was leader on the team and someone has this dude all up in the program and everyone is reporting how he comes on campus and attends practice etc etc and he hasn’t committed then I’m drawing a line in the sand. “Hey your boy better step the fugg off”.
I’ll be damned if I’m on the team and let dude punk the team like that. And if I’m not allowed then I’m voicing concern to the coaches. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s happening now.
I agree we can’t be seen as the neighborhood ho.
Problem becomes when some kids from a class 2 years away commit and we keep letting them on campus. Impossible to identify what kids are going to stick. No way you tell the kids that are committed to the 21 class to wait when they wanted to announce. The talent in our 21 class is scary. Even more scary when you think how manny vultures are circling around those kids right now. Impossible to tell who’s going to leave either. We just had one kid say he was so loyal that he bleeds orange and green while he bounced.

💯
It can’t be like Shannon and also can’t be like CMR.
Manny said that the locker room will police itself.
I wonder how much that will spill into recruiting.
I had posted during the Stevenson situation that wtf are the leaders doing letting some high schooler just walk all over the program like that. If I was leader on the team and someone has this dude all up in the program and everyone is reporting how he comes on campus and attends practice etc etc and he hasn’t committed then I’m drawing a line in the sand. “Hey your boy better step the fugg off”.
I’ll be damned if I’m on the team and let dude punk the team like that. And if I’m not allowed then I’m voicing concern to the coaches. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s happening now.
I agree we can’t be seen as the neighborhood ho.
Problem becomes when some kids from a class 2 years away commit and we keep letting them on campus. Impossible to identify what kids are going to stick. No way you tell the kids that are committed to the 21 class to wait when they wanted to announce. The talent in our 21 class is scary. Even more scary when you think how manny vultures are circling around those kids right now. Impossible to tell who’s going to leave either. We just had one kid say he was so loyal that he bleeds orange and green while he bounced.

That’s all I’m saying, bro. I remember I told my boy @brock that I have a problem w Stevenson always being on campus and not committing; that’s an issue and he’s going to sign elsewhere. Ding ding ding; that’s exactly what happened.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back