Chris Nelson From Lakeland,FL Possible UM Interest?

Paranos

All-ACC
2014 DT Chris Nelson (6’3, 280lbs, 4.9/40) of Victory Christian Academy in Lakeland, FL had been verbally committed to Virginia for sometime but decommit last month. Nelson has been hearing regularly from Florida, Miami, Virginia, FIU, and LSU.

The Victory Christian standout is a consensus 3-star prospect, and racked up 150 tackles and 10 sacks as a Junior playing at the 1A level and most times these athletes go unnoticed but it is hard to miss the Nelson as he is most often the largest on the field, and dominates not only with speed but also his 400+lb bench press and 500lbs squat. The Miami Hurricanes have been quietly recruiting Nelson for more then a year. Neslon was quoted as saying “I have an interest in the Hurricanes. There’s a possibility I could go there,” he said. “I went to an Al Golden Camp last year, and as soon as I got there, they made me compete against the seniors.” But a year ago UM was in the business of handing out early offers to Junior's that weren't elite linemen so Nelson may return to UM's 2013 summer camp in order to land that elusive UM offer as a senior this time around he currently holds offers from UK, U of L, Purdue, UCF, USF, and UVA.

Nelson reports a 3.7 GPA and wants to study business, stating that academics are his main focus in picking a FBS school hence his commitment to UVA. But he his decommitment may been a mutual parting due to his taking visits to UM while being committed and UVA being a serious contender for two of the nations top DT's who are from the tidewater area in VA.

http://www.streakingthelawn.com/2013/4/17/4235518/defensive-tackle-chris-nelson-decommits-from-virginia

The good thing for UM is that if Nelson is offered by UM I am thinking he would commit on the spot since UM would offer the best combination of education & Athletics out of all his remaining school offers. An he would be an Early Enrollee along him to go through spring Utough and then redshirt in 2014 giving him the time to add 30lbs pounds of lean mass to his long frame. Then he could earn significant playing time in 2015 as 310 R-Fr DT, having spent 1 1/2 years learning the defense.

He plays with leverage and a high motor which is something you want under the radar prospect, Swasey can work on his flexibility as part of S&C. Also you have got to love those big boys that wear low numbers and low top cleats ( there is skill player wrapped up in a big packaged, that can still move).

Lets see how this plays out over the next 2 months, I would be surprised to see this young man get an offer.

Go Canes!

2012 Season 2 game Highlights (1 game is against Ray Lewis III)
http://www.hudl.com/athlete/164651/highlights/23248665

Espn Highlights from 2012
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9170360

Max Prep 2012 highlights (up close)
http://www.maxpreps.com/local/team/videos.aspx?gendersport=boys,football&schoolid=03c4dc2e-7191-474b-ae6d-600a1d8e447d&videoid=656de1fc-cf7f-4da2-3571-a11e23d52956

Last edited:
Advertisement
u say the same crap about all these guys. u always think if they get a UM offer they will commit on the spot. stop with this crap.

I cannot wait until we give the green light to the 35 DT recruits who are all just waiting by their phone to commit to us.

Advertisement
u say the same crap about all these guys. u always think if they get a UM offer they will commit on the spot. stop with this crap.

@5XNC
How can I say the same crap about all of them if the are all different. Please provide quotes where I am saying the same thing about any players I have mentioned, since you seem to know what I am writing better then I do.

@Artist Formerly Known As
To directly answer your question no I don't sit around and looking up high school kids all day I work to provide for family just like every other red blooded American. I just happen to be a very good multitasker and have the innate ability to process large amounts of information quickly (in short I read really fast). An I wanted to share some info on a rising prospect with AG's Camp series coming up that I felt could be one of those to earn an offer at UM's camp this summer. Not to mention he fits the bill for everything UM is looking for in a DLinemen except the competition level he plays against but that can be addressed at the camp this summer. My question to you then is you must have a lot of time your hands since you manage to read what I post all the time, what do you do all day?

So hopefully this addresses both your questions and have a great day.

Go Canes

U take the most random prospects who even mention UM or who are looking a good fb program and academics and assume they will commit if UM offers. U are about 1 for 100.

U take the most random prospects who even mention UM or who are looking a good fb program and academics and assume they will commit if UM offers. U are about 1 for 100.

I notice still no direct quotes an what I have repeated in my analysis on any of these players. So you sir a Bull#$$#er and that is not an assumption but rather something you just proved but not answering a very direct question, after I responded to your directed statement. So in the future please keep your BS to yourself if it is not constructive. This was & is a thread about a young man with interest in UM and the Canes "Possible interest in him" so please stay on that subject, if you feel the need to spout non-sense put it in a PM then send it to yourself and if it particularly interesting you can even reply to yourself if you feel that is warranted.

Again have pleasant day and wish young Mr. Nelson luck in his pursuit of a free higher education at UM.

Go Canes!

@5XNC
How can I say the same crap about all of them if the are all different. Please provide quotes where I am saying the same thing about any players I have mentioned, since you seem to know what I am writing better then I do.

@Artist Formerly Known As
To directly answer your question no I don't sit around and looking up high school kids all day I work to provide for family just like every other red blooded American. I just happen to be a very good multitasker and have the innate ability to process large amounts of information quickly (in short I read really fast). An I wanted to share some info on a rising prospect with AG's Camp series coming up that I felt could be one of those to earn an offer at UM's camp this summer. Not to mention he fits the bill for everything UM is looking for in a DLinemen except the competition level he plays against but that can be addressed at the camp this summer. My question to you then is you must have a lot of time your hands since you manage to read what I post all the time, what do you do all day?

So hopefully this addresses both your questions and have a great day.

Go Canes

Don't trip on these cats bro. You provide good (and most importantly relevant) analysis.

Advertisement
Chris Nelson had some interesting things to say about his recruitment in article with Big Country Preps. Especially about how he grow from a Middle Linebacker into a dominant DT in 1 year. I am seeing Nelson as part of a very effective Zone-Blitzing package where he drops into coverage.

http://bigcountypreps.com/181/chris-nelson-big-fish-in-a-small-pond/

I believe he will attend a UM camp at some point, but Kentucky is starting to put a press to get this kid, but I believe academics play a part for him so I can't see UK being a serious contender.

I am thinking CI should try for interview with the big man.

Go Canes

2014 DT Chris Nelson Jr Year higlights as a DT.
[video=youtube;NPHMoyJqSCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=NPHMoyJqSCg#![/video]

2014 DT Chris Nelson Soph Year Highlights as a Linebacker (wow not a super star but ffective)
[video=youtube;pCIU7HV01_M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCIU7HV01_M[/video]

Last edited:
Advertisement

I notice still no direct quotes an what I have repeated in my analysis on any of these players. So you sir a Bull#$$#er and that is not an assumption but rather something you just proved but not answering a very direct question, after I responded to your directed statement. So in the future please keep your BS to yourself if it is not constructive. This was & is a thread about a young man with interest in UM and the Canes "Possible interest in him" so please stay on that subject, if you feel the need to spout non-sense put it in a PM then send it to yourself and if it particularly interesting you can even reply to yourself if you feel that is warranted.

Again have pleasant day and wish young Mr. Nelson luck in his pursuit of a free higher education at UM.

Go Canes!

bolded part says DBC isnt that clever

Advertisement
The only deciding test with the highest sensitivity and specificity for this sort of thing?

48.jpg

If we don't see paranos anymore, then now we know.

(and yeah the guy did survive in the photo).

Last edited:
Always great work Paranos.....Don't worry about the people who cant find there keys let alone find great information about prospects....keep up the good work....Hopefully staff reads this to prompt extra evaluation to these prospects you find.

Advertisement
Back