Chris Lykes commits to the U

Advertisement
Lol at Jagr giving his opinions on anything outside of baseball (which he doesn't know **** about anyways)

Advertisement
tumblr_mk77r7hOl61rvn2ylo1_400.gif

With all the focus on our baseball team, I completely missed this! This is a great pick-up. I have seen Lykes play a few times up here in the DMV. The kid has amazing quickness and is tough as nails. In one game that I saw this spring against a quality opponent, Lykes went for about 35, scoring at both the rim (through lots of contact) and from 3. He also has a great handle -- try stealing the ball from a kid whose dribble is about 6 inches lower to the ground than your typical PG -- and has no problem sharing the ball.

What Coach L did to pull him down to South Florida is fantastic. The local papers and websites had him considering Villanova (Nat. Champs and with Jenkins from Gonzaga), Notre Dame (Catholic connection, including Brey being from Dematha), or the local schools (Maryland or Georgetown). Larkin deserves an assist.

What someone said earlier is absolutely true. He will be an absolute pain in the backside to opponents.

Go Canes!

Kid has some great moves, really fun to watch. Home crowds gonna love him. Welcome to the U mr Likes.

Advertisement
I like the fact that He's a TRUE PG...I don't think we've had one of those since Larkin?...and even then, Larkin was more of a scoring Guard.

I know that this is a way before my time but he looks a lot like spud webb

Advertisement
Lykes was praised today on ESPN during the Adidas Championship. He was named as one player who impressed the most this summer. If so, awesome. Hopefully, next year, Coach L lets the dogs out to hunt. UM should have superior athletes on the perimeter in Lykes, Bruce Brown, Muhammad and in a different role, Huell, maybe as a small 5/rim protector. Now all UM needs is a legit big.

Advertisement
Lykes was praised today on ESPN during the Adidas Championship. He was named as one player who impressed the most this summer. If so, awesome. Hopefully, next year, Coach L lets the dogs out to hunt. UM should have superior athletes on the perimeter in Lykes, Bruce Brown, Muhammad and in a different role, Huell, maybe as a small 5/rim protector. Now all UM needs is a legit big.

My nephew goes to school with Lykes, I'm hoping to make it to some games this upcoming year rocking some Miami gear.

Just watched his highlights he can finish around the rim serious hang time has insane handles can take contact and still finish....like his stroke.... Only thing I question is his true speed... He looks more quick the fast... At 5'6 5'7 he's gonna have to be faster then the6'3 guys he will be facing in the ACC... To be elite he needs to have Jeff Teague speed... He needs to be able to beat people off straight speed not setting them up Off the dribble all he time I only say that because he is 5'7 ..Can't wait to see him develop under larranaga

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back