Chris Low, ESPN CFB Insider said that Golden is GONZO at end

BuddyRyans46

Thunderdome
of season....Low is a pretty respected college football insider for ESPN. On tonight's College Football Final, he said that Golden WILL be fired at the end of the season. Just FYI.

Advertisement
Fvck the end of the season.

All that says is that we are happy in taking the leftovers from the corching search.

of season....Low is a pretty respected college football insider for ESPN. On tonight's College Football Final, he said that Golden WILL be fired at the end of the season. Just FYI.

No offense but considering the situation and then yesterday's shellacking, we don't need an insider to tell us he is gone at the end of the season. It wold be much more newsworthy if he had reported that Golden will be fired on Monday.

Who the **** cares about seasons end. It's just the continued disrespect and disregard of the Miami fan base by the administration to want to suffer us through 5 more games and watching and listen to Golden, when we have been done with dude since last year at least

Advertisement
Fvck the end of the season.

All that says is that we are happy in taking the leftovers from the corching search.

None of these other teams with fired coaches have hired anyone yet. Golden is good as gone. People interested in the job understand that so they are likely to wait too.

Stating the obvious, he's really coming with some real inside info. Of course Golden is getting fired, everyone with a slight interest in CF knows he's getting canned!!

If firing him now would seriously affect the next coaching hire, would you still do it?

Interpret that how you would with regards to whom your favorite candidates are or the staff's they can assemble.

That is the tough spot I am in, because every fiber in my being wants to see Golden gone asap.

Waiting until the end of the season is STUPID. Set aside the maxim that "what should be done eventually must be done now," it makes no practical sense to do the following:

1) have a lame duck coach;
2) delay your full-scale coaching search; or
3) straight up lie to recruits (the only honest thing you can tell them now is "wait" which is asinine to tell teens).

Do the right thing! Can the guy now. Let the toxic air out of the building. Hire the BEST candidate (Butch) and let the man get the ship corrected.

Advertisement
Those idiots will continue lose money at the Gate if he is around . Fire him now and fans will start showing back up to the games

Best news I've heard, but why wait to fire a guy you know you're going to fire anyway! Get the process started so you're not playing catch up at the end of the season for recruits.

They are leaking those reports to calm the fan base down and let them know that golden is done. Problem is, they're a year too late. So everyone is restless at this point and all the reports about golden being fired won't calm things.

They wasted away two seasons and wasted two years of these players cause of their ineptitude. Absolute shame what they've done to the players above all else.

Last edited:
Advertisement
One of those idiot broadcasters said that Golden is just now getting out from under the sanctions and should have another year to prove his worth. They certainly didn't repeat it later in the game.

They are leaking those reports to calm the fan base down and let them know that golden is done. Problem is, they're a year too late. So everyone is restless at this point and all the reports about golden being fired won't calm things.

They wasted away two seasons and wasted two years of these players cause of their ineptitude. Absolute shame what they've done to the players above all else.

ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

Waiting until the end of the season is STUPID. Set aside the maxim that "what should be done eventually must be done now," it makes no practical sense to do the following:

3) straight up lie to recruits (the only honest thing you can tell them now is "wait" which is asinine to tell teens).

Do the right thing! Can the guy now. Let the toxic air out of the building. Hire the BEST candidate (Butch) and let the man get the ship corrected.

I want Golden gone this very second. But, it could make financial sense to wait until the end of the season. What if firing him now costs millions more than firing him in 30+ days? What if that extra $$ prevents our timid AD from hiring the best available replacement because the Administrators set a ceiling on spending? We don't know the details of Golden's contract. We don't know the limitations placed on James. We do know that the University has money but is cheap.

I get it that we want to send a message. He is as good as gone. The best we can hope for is that they work covertly behind the scenes and start lining up the candidates. Any coach that wants to be here will still be around after Thanksgiving.

Advertisement
The writing is on the wall. My guess is that candidates like Herman and Fuente would also wait until season end and see who came knocking and how big of a bag of money they have. Everyone knows Golden is done now.

I want Golden gone this very second. But, it could make financial sense to wait until the end of the season. What if firing him now costs millions more than firing him in 30+ days? What if that extra $$ prevents our timid AD from hiring the best available replacement because the Administrators set a ceiling on spending? We don't know the details of Golden's contract. We don't know the limitations placed on James. We do know that the University has money but is cheap.

I get it that we want to send a message. He is as good as gone. The best we can hope for is that they work covertly behind the scenes and start lining up the candidates. Any coach that wants to be here will still be around after Thanksgiving.

Exactly.

The writing is on the wall. My guess is that candidates like Herman and Fuente would also wait until season end and see who came knocking and how big of a bag of money they have. Everyone knows Golden is done now.

Those two are in the middle of successful seasons. I highly doubt they would take the job mid season anyway. Golden is done. Just give it sometime before you burn down the stadium.

Advertisement
Back