2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Taking an OV to Ol Miss today and tomorrow. Wiltfong and Ivins spoke to him:

While many have viewed Mario Crisotbal and UM as the favorite to eventually land Johnson’s signature, it sounds like the Rebels actually have plenty of momentum in the recruitment with Signing Day right around the corner.

“I’m real fired up,” Johnson told 247Sports on Friday night. “That’s probably my top school right now. I’m ready to just get back up there and see the atmosphere. They got Alabama this weekend. So, it’s going to be a packed house.”

Johnson has already taken a pair of unofficial visits to Ole Miss and he’s more than impressed with what Lane Kiffin & Co. have done on offense this season.

“They are leading the SEC in rushing yards,” Johnson said. “[Quinshon Judkins] is only a freshman. I would love to be a part of a situation like that. Just being able to touch the ball early on.”

Marquel Blackwell is the assistant running point for the Rebels. He was at Johnson’s game last weekend with Ole Miss on a bye.

“He’s a good coach. I could learn a lot from him if I went there. I can be developed,” Johnson said.

Johnson has also been in contact with Kiffin.

“He’s kind of like me –he doesn’t talk much,” Johnson said. “But I like his personality.”

Johnson currently has no other visits set up, but it does sound like the plan is to officials to both Miami and Penn State.

His thoughts on the Hurricanes’ 4-5 season?

“I’m locked in with those coaches,” Johnson said. “They know how I feel about them.”

The Nittany Lions haven’t really been linked to Johnson, but he likes Ja’Juan Seider.

“I like coaches that can help me develop at the next level and get better. He can do that,” Johnson said of Seider.

Johnson intends to sign early, but he likely won’t graduate high school early as he’s warming up to the idea of running track one last time and defending his crown.

Advertisement
People talk about wanting speed...well there is only one other keep we are after with this type of speed at RB. Personally, I would take CJ over the other and take the first that wants in from fletcher/baxter.

Advertisement
Sarah Michelle Gellar GIF by Coolidge Corner Theatre

Taking an OV to Ol Miss today and tomorrow. Wiltfong and Ivins spoke to him:

While many have viewed Mario Crisotbal and UM as the favorite to eventually land Johnson’s signature, it sounds like the Rebels actually have plenty of momentum in the recruitment with Signing Day right around the corner.

“I’m real fired up,” Johnson told 247Sports on Friday night. “That’s probably my top school right now. I’m ready to just get back up there and see the atmosphere. They got Alabama this weekend. So, it’s going to be a packed house.”

Johnson has already taken a pair of unofficial visits to Ole Miss and he’s more than impressed with what Lane Kiffin & Co. have done on offense this season.

“They are leading the SEC in rushing yards,” Johnson said. “[Quinshon Judkins] is only a freshman. I would love to be a part of a situation like that. Just being able to touch the ball early on.”

Marquel Blackwell is the assistant running point for the Rebels. He was at Johnson’s game last weekend with Ole Miss on a bye.

“He’s a good coach. I could learn a lot from him if I went there. I can be developed,” Johnson said.

Johnson has also been in contact with Kiffin.

“He’s kind of like me –he doesn’t talk much,” Johnson said. “But I like his personality.”

Johnson currently has no other visits set up, but it does sound like the plan is to officials to both Miami and Penn State.

His thoughts on the Hurricanes’ 4-5 season?

“I’m locked in with those coaches,” Johnson said. “They know how I feel about them.”

The Nittany Lions haven’t really been linked to Johnson, but he likes Ja’Juan Seider.

“I like coaches that can help me develop at the next level and get better. He can do that,” Johnson said of Seider.

Johnson intends to sign early, but he likely won’t graduate high school early as he’s warming up to the idea of running track one last time and defending his crown.
This kid is going to ole miss lol portal will have to be the route

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back