2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Advertisement
Fast is fast, but, to me, explosiveness is what separates the top dawgs. Dalvin and Etienne gave me nightmares. Those two would pull away from FAST players.

That kinda speed fixes alot of problems. Etienne was Lawrence's safety blanket and a first down machine. Dalvin made us all sick

It would be spectacular to have that kinda explosiveness on this squad

Fast is fast, but, to me, explosiveness is what separates the top dawgs. Dalvin and Etienne gave me nightmares. Those two would pull away from FAST players.

That kinda speed fixes alot of problems. Etienne was Lawrence's safety blanket and a first down machine. Dalvin made us all sick

It would be spectacular to have that kinda explosiveness on this squad
It’s acceleration first, top speed second, and maintaining speed in and out of breaks third

Advertisement
Advertisement
Didn't CJ say he was committing in December? Not alot to celebrate 3 months out.

I've you've paid any attention to this one, see if you can figure out how to somehow get that wasted time back.

Kid has been a Cane for a long, long time.
Did I read somewhere on here that people at Miami thought the kids film sort of did him a disservice and he was way better than the film?

Basically, this kid is really good but the film doesn’t really show it type deal.

Advertisement
Him and Davonta Freeman.
For me it’s Deion and Dalvin

Deion would’ve just fit in better at The U back in the day. Swagger plus he went down as the goat at his respective position. Dalvin was an all time Miami Central great and I thought we was gonna get him. He also shredded us every time we played FSU in those days.

With all that said we need Chris Johnson on board ASAP!!

For me it’s Deion and Dalvin

Deion would’ve just fit in better at The U back in the day. Swagger plus he went down as the goat at his respective position. Dalvin was an all time Miami Central great and I thought we was gonna get him. He also shredded us every time we played FSU in those days.

With all that said we need Chris Johnson on board ASAP!!

Now you're going back even further. Totally agree with you on Neon. But Devonta wanted to be a Cane and we didn't give him a committable offer, so he's on my list, as well.

There is so much talent in So FL it's ridiculous. That West Virginia kid, CJ Donaldson, was unstoppable last night. We could have used him.

Back on topic, yes, Johnson should just go ahead and announce for us. It's clear he wants to be a Cane. Smith is an impressive RB coach, not often that a RB (Parrish) follows his position coach to a new school. Mario and Gattis will emphasize the run, and Gattis rotates multiple RBs in his offense, so he'll scheme in Johnson appropriately. We're clearly the best choice for Johnson.

Did I read somewhere on here that people at Miami thought the kids film sort of did him a disservice and he was way better than the film?

Basically, this kid is really good but the film doesn’t really show it type deal.

I think that's right, if by film you mean his highlights/Hudl. Not sure if there is actual game film circulating for this young man (I asked a few months back but didn't hear anything), but the highlights are underwhelming. A few posters who have seen him live and/or coach down here say good things about him. He's also just a more versatile type of "RB" who a team will get the most out of by moving him around the formation and into different positions.

Advertisement

It wasnt that his film was bad, it was that his highlight stuff on Hudl was poorly done and didnt include or showcase his best stuff. After looking at the full game tape and seeing him in person they felt the Hudl stuff was a disservice to his abilities.

Advertisement
Back