2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Advertisement
There's at least 2 plays from his highlights that no RB on our roster would/could make. (the FSU and UNC receptions)
FSU - pulls away from a defender, runs another over, then pulls away again.
UNC - gave an open field defender a nasty one-cut move and then dusted the pursuit

Neither Parrish, Don or Thad are making those plays.
Agreed. The FSU TD was our best offensive play since Deejay’s long TD run against Gators in 2019.

Thad will have a defined role.

He doesn't have wiggle, but hes fckin huge and tough to bring down.

Thats a 4th and short/goaline back if I've seen one. And knowing were gonna pound the rock, he will get opportunities.

Knighton also is a specialty back. The perfect 3rd and long back that you can get creative with in the passing game. Parrish is like this also, but Knighton is better.

Don and Citizen are the two all around backs.

Imo the depth chart SHOULD be this:

Don
Knighton
Thad
Citizen
Parrish

I'm sure there will be injury somewhere and things will change.
I saw a big kid in Thad that wasn't all that difficult to bring down. Don has a ton of talent but has to stay healthy and Rooster is the perfect change of pace back. Citizen might be that dude but he is just a true freshman. Lastly, as stated, they brought in Parrish for a reason. Unfortunately the reason says the staff doesnt like the room the same way many on here do.

Thats a 4th and short/goaline back if I've seen one. And knowing were gonna pound the rock, he will get opportunities.

Knighton also is a specialty back. The perfect 3rd and long back that you can get creative with in the passing game. Parrish is like this also, but Knighton is better.

Don
Knighton
Thad
Citizen
Parrish

Parrish is going to get a lot of touches. He will not be down there in the pecking order

Advertisement
I saw a big kid in Thad that wasn't all that difficult to bring down. Don has a ton of talent but has to stay healthy and Rooster is the perfect change of pace back. Citizen might be that dude but he is just a true freshman. Lastly, as stated, they brought in Parrish for a reason. Unfortunately the reason says the staff doesnt like the room the same way many on here do.
I'm not sold on that Parrish theory of them bringing him in because they didn't like the RB room.

Parrish transferred to Miami on January 16ish. Citizen was not committed then. Meaning at that time, we would have 3 returning RBs. You simply need numbers and it would have been dumb to not bring in another back. That doesn't necessarily mean they didn't like the current room. So in January, Mario would have gotten a look at Knighton and Thad only (during bowl practices). Don wasn't even practicing so not sure why they wouldn't like him, unless its because he's from Belen and Mario is Columbus (I'm joking).

Citizen committed on February 2nd.

Also, Thad was a freshman last season and I saw him drag many defenders with him on contact. Maybe he goes down easy, but I guess we will see on that front.

Anyway, point being...I really don't support the theory that Parrish will play bc they didn't like the others and no feel obligated to play him.

Best guys will play period. Maybe Parrish turns out to be the best, and THAT will be the reason he plays more. Not because in January, we had 2 returning healthy backs and needed to add more backs to the room.

I'm not sold on that Parrish theory of them bringing him in because they didn't like the RB room.

Parrish transferred to Miami on January 16ish. Citizen was not committed then. Meaning at that time, we would have 3 returning RBs. You simply need numbers and it would have been dumb to not bring in another back. That doesn't necessarily mean they didn't like the current room. So in January, Mario would have gotten a look at Knighton and Thad only (during bowl practices). Don wasn't even practicing so not sure why they wouldn't like him, unless its because he's from Belen and Mario is Columbus (I'm joking).

Also, Thad was a freshman last season and I saw him drag many defenders with him on contact. Maybe he goes down easy, but I guess we will see on that front.

Anyway, point being...I really don't support the theory that Parrish will play bc they didn't like the others and no feel obligated to play him.

Best guys will play period. Maybe Parrish turns out to be the best, and THAT will be the reason he plays more. Not because in January, we had 2 returning healthy backs and needed to add more backs to the room.
He did not see them in person but I would be shocked if he did not watch every game Miami played in 2021 in his first week to get an idea of what he has so he can target guys based on what he considers holes in the roster. Cheney can have all of the talent in the world but fact is he has yet to stay healthy for a full year so at this point if I was the coach I would not be counting on him to be the main back. Someone is going to be at the bottom of the depth chart and if it is someone like Cheney would be going into his 4th year the kid is not going to stick around to ride the bench. That really is all Coach Macho is saying.

He did not see them in person but I would be shocked if he did not watch every game Miami played in 2021 in his first week to get an idea of what he has so he can target guys based on what he considers holes in the roster. Cheney can have all of the talent in the world but fact is he has yet to stay healthy for a full year so at this point if I was the coach I would not be counting on him to be the main back. Someone is going to be at the bottom of the depth chart and if it is someone like Cheney would be going into his 4th year the kid is not going to stick around to ride the bench. That really is all Coach Macho is saying.
1. Chaney isn't going into his fourth year. Same class as Knighton and Parrish.
2. Just because a player is injury prone doesn't mean they get stashed in the bottom when they are healthy. He will be put where he belongs talent wise, and if he gets injured THEN he goes to the bottom bc he can't play.
3. I'm skeptical about Macho on this topic. Great poster but coached Knighton in HS if I recall, meaning very high likelihood of natural bias there. Which is normal. But I haven't heard anything but positive things about Chaney when he is healthy, so throwing his name out as a transfer candidate was a bit surprising to me.

Advertisement
1. Chaney isn't going into his fourth year. Same class as Knighton and Parrish.
2. Just because a player is injury prone doesn't mean they get stashed in the bottom when they are healthy. He will be put where he belongs talent wise, and if he gets injured THEN he goes to the bottom bc he can't play.
3. I'm skeptical about Macho on this topic. Great poster but coached Knighton in HS if I recall, meaning very high likelihood of natural bias there. Which is normal. But I haven't heard anything but positive things about Chaney when he is healthy, so throwing his name out as a transfer candidate was a bit surprising to me.
What does my bias for Rooster have to do with me saying that Thad and Chaney "might" be falling in the depth chart?
This subject isn't even about Rooster. He's set.

Furthermore, I'm more critical of Rooster than anybody. I've mentioned things he needs to work on countless times on here.

Don
Knighton
Thad
Citizen
Parrish

Parrish didn't transfer here to be 5th on the depth chart bro. Lol

Advertisement

Parrish wouldn't come here if there wasn't a borderline guarantee that he was gonna play.

Do you know how the portal works?

Rooster is clearly gonna get a bulk of work.
Parrish didn't transfer here to play for his RB coach and sit the bench.
And word is, Citizen is the real deal. I would assume that he's not a candidate for a redshirt.

So where do y'all think that leaves Thad and Chaney?

Anything beyond a 3 RB rotation is unrealistic. That's too many mouths to feed.

Who do y'all think ends up in that starving 4th RB spot? Thad ain't gotta chance. So do y'all think they put Chaney above Citizen?

(serious question)

Yes, I think Chaney if healthy will play before Citizen.

No he wasn't.
Rooster ran a faster electronic forty when they were at a camp together.
And the actual team considered Harley and Rooster as the 2 fastest guys on the team.

You been repeating this myth for 2 years.
We went over this before, lol.. Chaney has faster 100 meter and 40 times.. They are both fast, but Chaney is recorded faster.. On field tho and film Rooster seems faster and has more explosive plays (which to me matters more and is more important). Chaney is not even 12 months post injury so not sure he will reach his speed again but its good to know he has it "potentially".. Hopefully he shows it on field..

Rooster just has to be put in position and he will show out this year, he is our most proven explosive player..

Don Chaney 100m: 10.77
Rooster 100m: 11.28

Also I understand you coached rooster so I get it, I wouldnt expect anything less.. Both have speed and are on same team tho you didnt coach Don, look forward to both of them boys showing out

Advertisement
if you guys took 2 seconds to look at the kind of backs we are crootin...you will see exactly what they are looking for.
then compare to our roster...its clear as day but whatever.

Yes, I think Chaney if healthy will play before Citizen.
"If healthy"
Ay... It's a good problem to have.
We went over this before, lol.. Chaney has faster 100 meter and 40 times.. They are both fast, but Chaney is recorded faster.. On field tho and film Rooster seems faster and has more explosive plays (which to me matters more and is more important). Chaney is not even 12 months post injury so not sure he will reach his speed again but its good to know he has it "potentially".. Hopefully he shows it on field..

Rooster just has to be put in position and he will show out this year, he is our most proven explosive player..

Don Chaney 100m: 10.77
Rooster 100m: 11.28
I literally watched them run the 40 at the same camp. Electronic.

Rooster was a 4.51 and Chaney was high 4.5's.

(hand times are BS)

What does my bias for Rooster have to do with me saying that Thad and Chaney "might" be falling in the depth chart?
This subject isn't even about Rooster. He's set.

Furthermore, I'm more critical of Rooster than anybody. I've mentioned things he needs to work on countless times on here.
Maybe nothing. I said I was skeptical, not that you were wrong.

"If healthy"
Ay... It's a good problem to have.

I literally watched them run the 40 at the same camp. Electronic.

Rooster was a 4.51 and Chaney was high 4.5's.

(hand times are BS)
Its a good problem, hopefully they dont rush him back, no reason to cuz we are deep.. "good problem"

They hand time track meets in florida now?! :kypowcc:

Advertisement
Back