2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Advertisement
Im a fan of both players but between the two, Knighton got more explosive plays but he actually got a oppotunity to show what he could do due to guys getting injured.. I think Don is the more complete back and actually mayybe faster due to track times (knee injuries definitely hurt) but so far Rooster proved it more on field, even with being suspended first part of season
Like I said on tape Chaney dont got plays

Gamebreaking against FSU that should have put clamps on game.
In open field against UNC
Against NCST
Run against Pitt

Those are all gamebreaking explosive plays

There's at least 2 plays from his highlights that no RB on our roster would/could make. (the FSU and UNC receptions)
FSU - pulls away from a defender, runs another over, then pulls away again.
UNC - gave an open field defender a nasty one-cut move and then dusted the pursuit

Neither Parrish, Don or Thad are making those plays.

There's at least 2 plays from his highlights that no RB on our roster would/could make. (the FSU and UNC receptions)
UNC - gave an open field defender a nasty one-cut move and then dusted the pursuit

Not a knock on Knighton...but I think you are discounting Chaney in the open field.

Rooster is clearly gonna get a bulk of work.
Parrish didn't transfer here to play for his RB coach and sit the bench.
And word is, Citizen is the real deal. I would assume that he's not a candidate for a redshirt.

So where do y'all think that leaves Thad and Chaney?

Anything beyond a 3 RB rotation is unrealistic. That's too many mouths to feed.

Who do y'all think ends up in that starving 4th RB spot? Thad ain't gotta chance. So do y'all think they put Chaney above Citizen?

(serious question)

Advertisement
And word is, Citizen is the real deal. I would assume that he's not a candidate for a redshirt.

Who do y'all think ends up in that starving 4th RB spot? Thad ain't gotta chance. So do y'all think they put Chaney above Citizen?

(serious question)
I tried to say the same thing months ago and otehrs were telling me there wont be favoritism with this staff, LMAO..

Told them coaches are human, they have their favorites, its a relationship business, he not gonna have a player he been coaching for a couple years, transfer and not have his back. When push come to shove he gonna say this is the guy I trust.. So he will play off rip, if all things equal he will get carries..

I think they can get touches for Rooster by having him return kicks and punts, he is most explosive player we have or atleast has shown soo far on film in college.. Parrish will play, he is kinda redundant to Rooster but he will play because thats just how the game goes.. I can still see Don getting carries but if they promised Citizen reps then he gonna play so I can see what you are saying.. I still think Don can make a role but its a packed room with all under class guys..

I tried to say the same thing months ago and otehrs were telling me there wont be favoritism with this staff, LMAO..

Told them coaches are human, they have their favorites, its a relationship business, he not gonna have a player he been coaching for a couple years, transfer and not have his back. When push come to shove he gonna say this is the guy I trust.. So he will play off rip, if all things equal he will get carries..

I think they can get touches for Rooster by having him return kicks and punts, he is most explosive player we have or atleast has shown soo far on film in college.. Parrish will play, he is kinda redundant to Rooster but he will play because thats just how the game goes.. I can still see Don getting carries but if they promised Citizen reps then he gonna play so I can see what you are saying.. I still think Don can make a role but its a packed room with all under class guys..
They would've told him to stay in Mississippi if he wasn't gonna play. Lol

It's not even about favoritism.
Do these people think that Parrish transferred without consulting with his old RB coach first? They told him to come because we needed help in the RB room.

I agree. I love Don’s potential, but no other RB currently on our team has the juice to do what Rooster does.

If our OL can improve their run blocking drastically under Mirabal and Mario, which I suspect they will, then I think that people are gonna be shocked by the numbers that Rooster will put up.

It’s not a mirage. If he gets in the open field, there’s a good chance that he’s housing it.

I also disagree with Skyman and his comment on who the faster back is. No other back on the roster has the top end speed that Knighton has. If he’s even, he’s leaving. Football speed and track speed are 2 totally different things. Running on turf or grass is totally different than running on a track. Also, in track, the start can lead to much better times.

I agree. I love Don’s potential, but no other RB currently on our team has the juice to do what Rooster does.

If our OL can improve their run blocking drastically under Mirabal and Mario, which I suspect they will, then I think that people are gonna be shocked by the numbers that Rooster will put up.

It’s not a mirage. If he gets in the open field, there’s a good chance that he’s housing it.

I also disagree with Skyman and his comment on who the faster back is. No other back on the roster has the top end speed that Knighton has. If he’s even, he’s leaving. Football speed and track speed are 2 totally different things. Running on turf or grass is totally different than running on a track. Also, in track, the start can lead to much better times.
Exactly he's the home run threat out of the backfield

Advertisement

(serious question)
Personally don’t care if Thad leaves, he’s over weight and slooooooooow.

Chaney otoh I want to stay, too much potential

None have his toughness either! That lil ninjah runs TOUGH!!! But if his @ss fumbles 1 time he outa there lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
Thad will have a defined role.

He doesn't have wiggle, but hes fckin huge and tough to bring down.

Thats a 4th and short/goaline back if I've seen one. And knowing were gonna pound the rock, he will get opportunities.

Knighton also is a specialty back. The perfect 3rd and long back that you can get creative with in the passing game. Parrish is like this also, but Knighton is better.

Don and Citizen are the two all around backs.

Imo the depth chart SHOULD be this:

Don
Knighton
Thad
Citizen
Parrish

I'm sure there will be injury somewhere and things will change.

Maybe Chaney will get less carries by design early on in the season to allow his knee and confidence to transition. If so it will allow other backs to make their mark making it more difficult for him to get snaps when he’s a full go. This scenario will change if one or two backs suffer injury allowing Chaney to get more touches.

Chris Johnson... I just wanted to say his name since this thread is supposed to be about him
To be fair, recruiting threads that are open for months will always dip into other topics.

There is nothing new to say about Chris Johnson right now. We could have pages of just saying his name i suppose.

But this is not like derailing a practice thread that has a 2 day lifespan.

(serious question)
I think they start with a 3 man rotation of rooster, parish, Chaney and citizen gets his playing time to start the season with special teams. Thad is gonna be short yardage take care of the game when it’s secured away. I could see thad transferring for that but imo it would be smart for him to stay as we probably loose atleast Parrish and rooster after this year.

Advertisement
Back