2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Guys might rush back but they arent where they need to be til way past that. You might have an outlier of course but thats not the expectation lol.. Guys have stated they didnt feel like themselves even if they came back til more like 18 months..

Think you are being wayyy optimistic and even so every ACL injury isnt the same

Agree they’re not all the same but how many years are we gonna make excuses for this guy?

Regardless, this isn’t a discussion about Don specifically. It’s about CJJr and how he’d fit into a room next year, and what that room might look like. If Don limps thru this season, is buried on the depth chart, transfers to a big time program and tears it up in 2023, I’ll be beyond shocked. And I’ll be right back here to stand in the paint. The odds of that are extremely unlikely.

But the original discussion was there won’t be 5 backs on the roster in January. If Don is here or isn’t, we’ll see. But someone is going to be 5th in the pecking order this fall and that dude is out the door in January. Honestly more likely we lose the bottom 2. But we’ll see.

Advertisement
Not to be 100% both physically and mentally. Yes the tendon is usually good after 9 months, but 18 months is really where you can say player is back to pre injury form.

This is antiquated thinking. Multi-ligament repair is a little messier. But I have heard Don was ACL only. If he’s an NFL player, he’s good enough to be really productive in college a full year after an ACL repair. There are countless examples the last few years of dudes being incredibly productive very quickly after ACL repair. It’s 2022, this is not a gigantic deal for these guys anymore.

Agree they’re not all the same but how many years are we gonna make excuses for this guy?

Regardless, this isn’t a discussion about Don specifically. It’s about CJJr and how he’d fit into a room next year, and what that room might look like. If Don limps thru this season, is buried on the depth chart, transfers to a big time program and tears it up in 2023, I’ll be beyond shocked. And I’ll be right back here to stand in the paint. The odds of that are extremely unlikely.

But the original discussion was there won’t be 5 backs on the roster in January. If Don is here or isn’t, we’ll see. But someone is going to be 5th in the pecking order this fall and that dude is out the door in January. Honestly more likely we lose the bottom 2. But we’ll see.
A guy coming off ACL injury is making excuses? Lol.. Just say you dont think highly of him and want him out the paint..

But agreed if a back is 5th string they will be out, I wouldnt be surprised if they dont bounce DURING/END camp. Kids aint waiting til january unless there is transfer window implemented that I didnt hear about.. These kids dont got time for that, lol..

A guy coming off ACL injury is making excuses? Lol.. Just say you dont think highly of him and want him out the paint..

But agreed if a back is 5th string they will be out, I wouldnt be surprised if they dont bounce DURING/END camp. Kids aint waiting til january unless there is transfer window implemented that I didnt hear about.. These kids dont got time for that, lol..

I didn’t say he’s making excuses. I’m saying we are for him. This is year 3. **** or get off the pot time, this roster is going to be a flat-out machine in a year or two.

As far as your 2nd point, I’d be very surprised. Where are you going on August 28th? School has already started, you can’t enroll anywhere else. January is when we’ll see the thinning, imo.

There is a transfer window you didn't hear about.

Advertisement
A kid could technically transfer at the end of summer but he wouldn't be able to enroll anywhere until the next semester. By then football season would be over anyway. Anyone who isn't planning on playing for Miami in 2022 should have already entered the portal.

Maybe I’m a cynic, but I don’t get where the Chaney love comes from. Maybe it’s the Belen Cabral; and I hope he proves everyone wrong…but where is everyone getting the hype from?

7 Carries for 23 yards against Bama with a long of 4? Take away a 20 yard rush against App St and he went for 24 yards on 10 Carries in 2021 before getting hurt?

As a freshman…9 for 62 against Duke and 8 for 52 against UAB, sure. How about the Rest of the regular season…

Louisville: 7 for 10
FSU: 7 for 35
Clemson: 1 for 8
Pitt: 5 for 18
UVA: 10 for 43
NC State: 3 for 14
VT: 8 for 35
UNC: 4 for 5

That’s 45 Carries for 168 yards….good for 3.73 ypc. Take out the one carry against Clemson, and now you’re looking at a 3.63 ypc.

I get it - players should improve upon previous seasons, no doubting that. He certainly has some talent, but he hasn’t proven anything to deserve these shoe-in first-team reps y’all are talking about.

He’ll have to earn it just like everyone else. And if he’s third or fourth on the depth chart…just don’t be surprised if he bounces.

Advertisement
I didn’t say he’s making excuses. I’m saying we are for him. This is year 3. **** or get off the pot time, this roster is going to be a flat-out machine in a year or two.

As far as your 2nd point, I’d be very surprised. Where are you going on August 28th? School has already started, you can’t enroll anywhere else. January is when we’ll see the thinning, imo.
A kid could technically transfer at the end of summer but he wouldn't be able to enroll anywhere until the next semester. By then football season would be over anyway. Anyone who isn't planning on playing for Miami in 2022 should have already entered the portal.
We had kids leave during the season just last year.. Obviously offseason is when most move but being 5th string and not a true freshman is gonna be looking around, writing will be on wall. Kids were throwing there name in portal asap, we said samething LAST YEAR, lol.. why they leaving when they cant play, these kids dont think like us fans or we dont think like them

I could easily see Chaney take the season to get healthy, get some snaps here and there to showcase himself, and then go to a mid-tier program (Auburn, Kentucky, etc) with weak depth chart and have an absolute monster junior season.
If he's healthy enough to be a stud somewhere, why wouldn't he want to do it here?

We had kids leave during the season just last year.. Obviously offseason is when most move but being 5th string and not a true freshman is gonna be looking around, writing will be on wall. Kids were throwing there name in portal asap, we said samething LAST YEAR, lol.. why they leaving when they cant play, these kids dont think like us fans or we dont think like them

Who left after fall camp last year?

Advertisement
You can leave school or quit the team at any time but you can only enroll at a new school at the beginning of a semester so it's pointless to quit now or during the season. Unless your goal is to just sit home and watch TV instead of practicing and working out. It also tells potential new schools that you're a quitter. Considering the portal is already overfull of players, it would be incredibly short sighted for anyone to leave the program before the end of the season.

Besides, if some 5th string player who never sees the field quits, does it even matter? Nobody batted an eye when Mark Pope quit in November. Now he's playing FCS football.

Advertisement
ACLs are 9 months now. Is he limited to start camp? If not, no excuses. It’s time to ball or it’s time to bounce.
One of the major hurdles of an ACL injury is the mental part when coming back, after the rehab is complete.

I was a D1 baseball player. I tore my ACL freshman year in college. I was out 12 months. The mental barrier for me was huge and I can only imagine what it’s like as a football player due to the physicality of the game.

I wish Chaney nothing but the best this year and I’ll be rooting hard for him. My expectation is that by week 5-6 for him to be getting a bigger bulk of the carries if healthy.

One of the major hurdles of an ACL injury is the mental part when coming back, after the rehab is complete.

I was a D1 baseball player. I tore my ACL freshman year in college. I was out 12 months. The mental barrier for me was huge and I can only imagine what it’s like as a football player due to the physicality of the game.

I wish Chaney nothing but the best this year and I’ll be rooting hard for him. My expectation is that by week 5-6 for him to be getting a bigger bulk of the carries if healthy.
charlie sheen film GIF

Not discounting any of this, I totally understand the mental side. I'm curious though, what year was this?

Advertisement
Back