2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Advertisement
Advertisement
As much as ppl say Gattis will run the ball..... They would be absolutely foolish to leave before the season.
RB depth is critical, and it has to be quality. Miami has that going into the season and its best in some time or at least on paper. With that said, whether it's the old suspension rearing its ugly head or the proverbial injury bug, four is the magic number to be ready and healthy at all times IMO... We as fans get that the guys want to play and everyone on this site debates who should start, be the backup etc. For me, I hope that Thad and Chaney stick it out as history has proven that the reps always find its way to settle down once the season starts for the reasons mentioned.

RB depth is critical, and it has to be quality. Miami has that going into the season and its best in some time or at least on paper. With that said, whether it's the old suspension rearing its ugly head or the proverbial injury bug, four is the magic number to be ready and healthy at all times IMO... We as fans get that the guys want to play and everyone on this site debates who should start, be the backup etc. For me, I hope that Thad and Chaney stick it out as history has proven that the reps always find its way to settle down once the season starts for the reasons mentioned.
Agree, Knighton was totally over used as the season progressed last year. I keep thinking when are they going to give this guy a break. As the season
progressed and late in games, his production went down.

can we get a "30 for 30 PART 3" documentary film about this thread now that we're on the page 30 of 30?

images-15.jpeg

Advertisement
Nobody is leaving after fall camp. But there is a 0.0% chance all 5 backs are on the roster in the spring. And that’s fine. Cream rises. It’ll work itself out exactly how it should.
Agreed. But if Chaney is one of those guys to transfer it won't be because he's not good. Just bad luck.

RB is that one position where one injury can derail your career (more so at the NFL level than college especially with transfer portal). There's just too many guys at that position that can come in and be effective as TF (or rookies in the NFL). If Chaney isn't 100% healthy coming into fall camp it may be an uphill battle with Citizen coming in.

I could easily see Chaney take the season to get healthy, get some snaps here and there to showcase himself, and then go to a mid-tier program (Auburn, Kentucky, etc) with weak depth chart and have an absolute monster junior season.

Agreed. But if Chaney is one of those guys to transfer it won't be because he's not good. Just bad luck.

RB is that one position where one injury can derail your career (more so at the NFL level than college especially with transfer portal). There's just too many guys at that position that can come in and be effective as TF (or rookies in the NFL). If Chaney isn't 100% healthy coming into fall camp it may be an uphill battle with Citizen coming in.

I could easily see Chaney take the season to get healthy, get some snaps here and there to showcase himself, and then go to a mid-tier program (Auburn, Kentucky, etc) with weak depth chart and have an absolute monster junior season.

Disagree. If he’s good, aka that dude, then he’ll put everyone else on the bench this year and ball the fvck out. He’s healthy now. The bad luck is behind him. Unless he gets hurt again, then sure maybe it’s bad luck or he’s just fragile. But either way, the road is open now. Go seize the opportunity. If he can’t/doesn’t, then he’s not good. It’s not bad luck.

We don’t know about Citizen yet, but he’s a true freshman. I don’t see any Willis McGahee’s in the other 3 kids. If Don can’t beat out kids like Franklin and Parrish 11 months off an ACL, or at least compete with them neck and neck, he’s not good.

Advertisement
Disagree. If he’s good, aka that dude, then he’ll put everyone else on the bench this year and ball the fvck out. He’s healthy now. The bad luck is behind him. Unless he gets hurt again, then sure maybe it’s bad luck or he’s just fragile. But either way, the road is open now. Go seize the opportunity. If he can’t/doesn’t, then he’s not good. It’s not bad luck.
Didn't he tear his ACL in mid September last year? Probably had surgery beginning of October. He would be 10 months post surgery starting camp. He may not be 100% until spring.

He is a talent though, and would be a shame if he left.

Running back is a position where freshmen can get plenty of playing time. Nobody wants to wait until their third year to get carries. Also, no team rotates 5 running backs. You’ve got your starter and one or two other guys who will see the field outside of the fourth quarter of a blowout game. There’s no way that Chaney, Franklin, Parrish, Knighton, Citizen AND any 2023 running back will all be here at this time next year. The only way you’re going to be able to keep a 6 deep stable of backs is if you sign a bunch of jags who are just happy to be here.

That said, I stand by my prediction that Johnson will be a Cane and Gattis will use him as a hybrid type of back instead of a traditional running back.

We don’t know about Citizen yet, but he’s a true freshman. I don’t see any Willis McGahee’s in the other 3 kids. If Don can’t beat out kids like Franklin and Parrish 11 months off an ACL, or at least compete with them neck and neck, he’s not good.
He coming off ACL injury in less than a year, lol.. That is not an easy injury to rush back from ask d'eriq king..

Advertisement
I don't think Thad (and possibly Chaney) stay at Miami.
Not a surprise (Chaney would be a surprise but coming off injury with new staff he hasnt built up any goodwill) for anyone reading the tea leaves.. We got a deep stable and there is not enough carries to go around.

ACLs are 9 months now. Is he limited to start camp? If not, no excuses. It’s time to ball or it’s time to bounce.
Guys might rush back but they arent where they need to be til way past that. You might have an outlier of course but thats not the expectation lol.. Guys have stated they didnt feel like themselves even if they came back til more like 18 months..

Think you are being wayyy optimistic and even so every ACL injury isnt the same

Advertisement
Back