2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Yall man really don't understand, them kids don't care about living in bumfuk for 3 or 4 years. They will be outa there at 22 with their whole life to put down roots wherever. Being on a football team is like a cult all your life is structured around it. You are not hitting up the club and looking for places to party.
You really think football players aren’t partying and going to clubs? Yea right..

Advertisement
This might be partly true..But I think Justin Fields would disagree. (Leaving UGA because a student called him the N-word from the stands after a game. It might have been an excuse to leave anyway BUT it did happen. He didnt lie about it).
He used is as an excuse to get immediate eligibility to play at OSU but he left because Smart for some reason insisted on playing Fromm. If he plays Fields he probably wins a NC sooner.

Advertisement
I'm a little perplexed by this one. If he's down to 2, how many more trips does he need to take to decide? Is he waiting for another top P5 team to make a run for him, and just keeping the bed warm with Miami and Ole Miss?

TVD is a strength, but maybe they want to see it before they believe it. Adding to that, TVD won't be here when they get here. That is unless he doesn't project high enough in the draft.

They've gotta be working behind the scenes on some guys we don't know about.

Young to Bama.
Baxter, maybe Texas.
Chris Johnson isn't even a RB IMO, not impressed with the limited amount of film out there.

Who else is there?

Still in shock that my number one, Reuben Foster is on the Louisville train. Will he stick?
Mario won’t limit himself to Florida RB’s. Remember that he somehow brought in Citizen so late last year.

I'm a little perplexed by this one. If he's down to 2, how many more trips does he need to take to decide? Is he waiting for another top P5 team to make a run for him, and just keeping the bed warm with Miami and Ole Miss?
He wants the full experience, and I can’t blame him. His recruitment has just started to bubble, more will come knocking.

I feel you, but at the end of the day, even if he committed to us tomorrow the kid will probably take some OVs. I don’t think he has taken any, so I’d be shocked if he didn’t get out and experience a once in a lifetime opportunity because he has earned that right. That’s why I’m kinda like ehh on him committing now. I fully expect him to go through the visit process and visit other schools come fall because again, he deserves that.

Advertisement
He wants the full experience, and I can’t blame him. His recruitment has just started to bubble, more will come knocking.

Fair enough. I follow Shadow's rule that a local kid is 90%+ likely not coming to Miami if we've pulled out the stops for him and he hasn't committed by the first game of his senior year. But I understand Johnson is a late bloomer, so may be an exception. Smith's pipe needs more legit names to it.

Edit: @htownkidd, agree he needs to take some officials. According to 247 he hasn't set any of those up yet. That's one of the details that's weird to me.

Fair enough. I follow Shadow's rule that a local kid is 90%+ likely not coming to Miami if we've pulled out the stops for him and he hasn't committed by the first game of his senior year. But I understand Johnson is a late bloomer, so may be an exception. Smith's pipe needs more legit names to it.

Edit: @htownkidd, agree he needs to take some officials. According to 247 he hasn't set any of those up yet. That's one of the details that's weird to me.
I get what Shadow meant by that but I don’t know if I agree. Many top tier SFLA kids like to wait it out to NSD.

I get what Shadow meant by that but I don’t know if I agree. Many top tier SFLA kids like to wait it out to NSD.

Shadow’s point was usually the one’s that wait it out, don’t end up Canes though. At the time of his statement, it was true. Obviously, regimes are different now and we are in a much better place but he was telling the truth at the time. Vast majority of the big time SoFla guys that we are pushing for who don’t commit to us prior to the beginning of their senior season, we struggle to sign. Yes, we have gotten some like Tracy Howard, Coley, Chad Thomas and a few I am forgetting I’m sure but you have to go back quite a bit for those. Again, I acknowledge that things are different now, but still something to watch.

Shadow’s point was usually the one’s that wait it out, don’t end up Canes though. At the time of his statement, it was true. Obviously, regimes are different now and we are in a much better place but he was telling the truth at the time. Vast majority of the big time SoFla guys that we are pushing for who don’t commit to us prior to the beginning of their senior season, we struggle to sign. Yes, we have gotten some like Tracy Howard, Coley, Chad Thomas and a few I am forgetting I’m sure but you have to go back quite a bit for those. Again, I acknowledge that things are different now, but still something to watch.

Exactly. I was definitely paraphrasing Shadow. But the point is, in the past, with only few exceptions, local recruits at the top of our boards were either in the class by football season, or they weren't ever going to be in our class.

The new staff may have more success. But I don't believe Bissainthe and Kelly count, since they were clued into Manny leaving and Mario coming. I think we find out this class whether the rule still holds. Personally, I would fill my class without them while at the same time continuing to recruit them, and be pleasantly surprised if they want in later on.

Advertisement
Exactly. I was definitely paraphrasing Shadow. But the point is, in the past, with only few exceptions, local recruits at the top of our boards were either in the class by football season, or they weren't ever going to be in our class.

The new staff may have more success. But I don't believe Bissainthe and Kelly count, since they were clued into Manny leaving and Mario coming. I think we find out this class whether the rule still holds. Personally, I would fill my class without them while at the same time continuing to recruit them, and be pleasantly surprised if they want in later on.

Understood. Semantics at that point but I’d include them, just would def keep in mind that Cristobal was 100% responsible for that lol, especially Kelly. Which again leads to my previous point, we are in a different boat now so hopefully we see more of that.

Too many chefs in the kitchen. They need somebody like a Saban to take on that mess . It reminds me a lot of Bama pre Nick. Toxic is putting it lightly.
They always said Mack Brown was Texas’s greatest politician when he was there.

Thsy was diff then too. W esd, there is less waiting out than before

Advertisement
Too many chefs in the kitchen. They need somebody like a Saban to take on that mess . It reminds me a lot of Bama pre Nick. Toxic is putting it lightly.
Dave Chappelle Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

Sark was solid and not spectacular everywhere he was the HBC before his off the field **** caught up with him. Maybe he’s learned, maybe the addiction was interfering, but this seemed like the weirdest hire to me when they did it. No clue why he was made such a slam dunk priority that they announced him the same day they sacked Herman when theoretically they could have attracted bigger fish.

Advertisement
Back