2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Advertisement
Oxford is actually a pretty cool place. I enjoy going to games there. The atmosphere is awesome. My wife went there and our daughter goes there now. I graduated from Miami and I’ll just say that there is a huge difference in the atmosphere at the games between the two schools.
Yeah it seems like a unique place to attend a game.

And also no chance lane leaves ole **** to go to Nebraska fspoo. That’s a downgrade

Yall man really don't understand, them kids don't care about living in bumfuk for 3 or 4 years. They will be outa there at 22 with their whole life to put down roots wherever. Being on a football team is like a cult all your life is structured around it. You are not hitting up the club and looking for places to party.
You should check out the YouTube video of Johntay Cook’s visit to Ole Miss. He kept commenting on how country it is and how he felt like he was in the middle of nowhere. You could tell he was a little uncomfortable.

Yeah, Sark would have to go like 7-5 or worse. Schools with coaching hot seats like Arizona State, Syracuse and Auburn seem to be beneath him; FSU couldn’t afford him, so let’s throw them out. If Kelly hadn’t signed an extension, UCLA could have been a fun option.

I’ll throw out some fun dark horses tho…

Nebraska: Scott Frost hanging on by a thread, maybe bringing that high-flying offense could bring some excitement and get the boosters to spend some more money in recruiting.

UNC: Another Mack Brown dud of a season + conference shifting implications could find UNC pulling the plug early and looking for a splash hire…

Louisville: Jeff Brohm would certainly be the favorite to replace Satterfield if he’s canned, but Kiffin’s bravado would fit in very well with the recent surge in NIL and brash persona of the program in general

Michigan: It’s no secret Harbaugh has tested a reunion with the NFL, and while I think it’s highly unlikely Michigan even considers Kiffin and his baggage, it’s interesting to think about.
I thought Mack was UNC’s splash hire lol.

Advertisement
Outside of maybe Texas no big jobs will be opening up this year. FSU is not an upgrade and he isn't moving laterally.
I think you are under rating the FSU job here. They did the same when we were down. FSU is one good hire from being a premier program again. Are they in a serious hole right now? Absolutely, but I think the job would be very attractive to a guy like Kiffin who is a talent but brings extra baggage.

I think you are under rating the FSU job here. They did the same when we were down. FSU is one good hire from being a premier program again. Are they in a serious hole right now? Absolutely, but I think the job would be very attractive to a guy like Kiffin who is a talent but brings extra baggage.
Financially FSU will not be able to pay 3 HC at once. Additionally Kiffin is making top 10 money currently FSU can't afford to increase that. FSU has history sure and they definitely have appeal but not for an established coach.

Absolutely. Silly to downplay FSU.

If FAM wasn’t in Tally it could be a black hole but with Fam being there they will always recruit well with competent leadership

Advertisement
Financially FSU will not be able to pay 3 HC at once. Additionally Kiffin is making top 10 money currently FSU can't afford to increase that. FSU has history sure and they definitely have appeal but not for an established coach.
The boosters have money, they just need the right guy to open up the wallet. Same was said about us, remember?

Outside of maybe Texas no big jobs will be opening up this year. FSU is not an upgrade and he isn't moving laterally.
Let's just agree to disagree if you think FSU isn't an upgrade over Ole Miss. Truth is Lane was trying his best to get the heck out of Oxford this past year. He'll be doing the same this upcoming December/January. Heck, wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at Auburn next year.

Yeah, Sark would have to go like 7-5 or worse. Schools with coaching hot seats like Arizona State, Syracuse and Auburn seem to be beneath him; FSU couldn’t afford him, so let’s throw them out. If Kelly hadn’t signed an extension, UCLA could have been a fun option.

I’ll throw out some fun dark horses tho…

Nebraska: Scott Frost hanging on by a thread, maybe bringing that high-flying offense could bring some excitement and get the boosters to spend some more money in recruiting.

UNC: Another Mack Brown dud of a season + conference shifting implications could find UNC pulling the plug early and looking for a splash hire…

Louisville: Jeff Brohm would certainly be the favorite to replace Satterfield if he’s canned, but Kiffin’s bravado would fit in very well with the recent surge in NIL and brash persona of the program in general

Michigan: It’s no secret Harbaugh has tested a reunion with the NFL, and while I think it’s highly unlikely Michigan even considers Kiffin and his baggage, it’s interesting to think about.
Ummm where in the world did you get that from?

Advertisement
Let's just agree to disagree if you think FSU isn't an upgrade over Ole Miss. Truth is Lane was trying his best to get the heck out of Oxford this past year. He'll be doing the same this upcoming December/January. Heck, wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at Auburn next year.
Tallahassee is a downgrade when put up against a majority of the P5 teams :)

Nah Oxford is wayyy worse. Literally just frat houses and football games.
Facts.

Athens = natty opportunity and good college town

Tuscaloosa = natty opportunity, Saban factory

Oxford = Lane Kiffin with one foot out door (ironically, with oxfords on)

Advertisement
Yall man really don't understand, them kids don't care about living in bumfuk for 3 or 4 years. They will be outa there at 22 with their whole life to put down roots wherever. Being on a football team is like a cult all your life is structured around it. You are not hitting up the club and looking for places to party.
This might be partly true..But I think Justin Fields would disagree. (Leaving UGA because a student called him the N-word from the stands after a game. It might have been an excuse to leave anyway BUT it did happen. He didnt lie about it).

Yup. Gattis isn’t stupid. He even said you play to the strengths of your team and having TVD is your strength. At Michigan it was Harby’s philosophy to run plus that was their strength since they didn’t have a qb worth a ****.

TVD is a strength, but maybe they want to see it before they believe it. Adding to that, TVD won't be here when they get here. That is unless he doesn't project high enough in the draft.

They've gotta be working behind the scenes on some guys we don't know about.

Young to Bama.
Baxter, maybe Texas.
Chris Johnson isn't even a RB IMO, not impressed with the limited amount of film out there.

Who else is there?

Still in shock that my number one, Reuben Foster is on the Louisville train. Will he stick?

Advertisement
Back