2023 Chris Johnson Jr

@Coach Macho can only tell us what he himself is being told. Whether CJ plays at UM or not, coach got nothing to do with it. Y'all act like coach purposefully feeding us lies...if that's what the kid pops is saying, then that's what he saying..whether it makes sense or not got nothing to do w/coach.

We not Bama, Clemson, OSU, UGA, etc, so we until we win like them, how the heck can we expect to get treatment outside of what our performance on the field merits.

Regardless, Mario will recruit talented players to UM. So if CJ picks us, great, time to work. If he doesn't, wish him the best and on to the next.

Someone already alluded to the fact of letting this kid enjoy the process of being recruited...who knows...the kids pops might be saying what he's saying so that his kid CAN GET legitimately recruited and get to experience that, which is a once in a lifetime opportunity because as much as it seems like EVERYONE gets to experience it, there's only a very small portion of kids that actually get recruited by major P5 schools that do the big time wine and dining. If he were my kid, I'd absolutely encourage him to enjoy the process, at least take a handful of OVs.

Advertisement
Some of our posters going full on stupid over what Macho said is dumb as ****.

Posters are always trying to find some angle or hidden message. Trying to stir up some drama where there isn't any.

Let them make an informed decision this fall. No reason not to and there's no rush to verbal. I'd rather they do that than verbal and switch it up late.

If what Macho said is true then I think we should start recruiting another back or two. You wait you lose your spot here at Miami now.

We should be doing that anyway. But the kid shouldn't be rushed into an artificial timeline, either. If Jean and Johnson want to wait to see how Gattis runs his offense, then they should wait.

Advertisement
We should be doing that anyway. But the kid shouldn't be rushed into an artificial timeline, either. If Jean and Johnson want to wait to see how Gattis runs his offense, then they should wait.
Thank you! It’s really that simple. Let the kid make his own decision. We continue to recruit and let him make an informed decision. I can’t believe people are implying that his dad is lying. Some of y’all are crazy.

Guys no need to get worked up. He probably just wants to see how they utilize Parrish first and foremost; solid RB that runs crisp, clean routes in the passing game and should be a viable receiving threat out of the backfield. Knighton as well.

Guys no need to get worked up. He probably just wants to see how they utilize Parrish first and foremost; solid RB that runs crisp, clean routes in the passing game and should be a viable receiving threat out of the backfield. Knighton as well.
Agree. Nothing wrong with taking your time or having the most influential male in your life who is also a coach, help you through the process. My hope would be he has a few games like Edwards did for Michigan vs Maryland last year. I think Johnson is an even better receiving threat than edwards and corum both.

Listen, we have always recruited RB well. Rooster, Chainey, Duke, Miller were all brought in during the down times. With the hog mollies Mario will bring to the U, there will be no problems getting a top 5 back every year.

Yes, I would love to have Chris Johnson in our class. His speed and attitude are old school Miami. He reps the U most out of all schools. His coach, @Coach Macho, is a Miami fan and a big Mario fan. We are in a good spot.

If he is allowed to verbally commit and has chosen not to do so, then Mario is definitely out there still looking too. The future OL will make many athletes look good. No reason to fall in love with just one.

Advertisement
Per Ivins, he's planning on committing on 12/21.

OVs planned so far are Miami, Clemson, Alabama, and Ole Miss. With maybe A&M sneaking in for a 5th OV.

He's planning to be on Miami's campus next week (25th and 26th) but getting to College Station for their bbq on the 30th.

Per Ivins, he's planning on committing on 12/21.

OVs planned so far are Miami, Clemson, Alabama, and Ole Miss. With maybe A&M sneaking in for a 5th OV.

He's planning to be on Miami's campus next week (25th and 26th) but getting to College Station for their bbq on the 30th.
Ohhh boy, here we go. Not even mad at the kid. He deserves to experience the process if he so chooses to

Yes and yes.

Advertisement
Ohhh boy, here we go. Not even mad at the kid. He deserves to experience the process if he so chooses to
Then he shouldn’t be mad back at the U if they have another prospect at RB for this class at the BBQ. In the past (I get that is in the past), kids would get upset if we were looking elsewhere, especially out of state, and we would get a bad rep for it locally. I believe that CMC needs to show the locals that he is going to pull kids from ALL around unless they step up and don’t play games. I feel this way about WR especially. Be all over ****ey until Hykeem signs with us. If he doesn’t, we don’t have a let down in the position group. The message should be simple, if you’re a local stud, you have a spot, but if you look elsewhere, we look elsewhere, and don’t be surprised if you don’t have a spot when you want it.

It’ll be fun to revisit this when the player commits to a school and see how the Swiss Army knife rationale plays out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back