2023 Chris Johnson Jr

This is foreign language to some on this board, they rather get mad at high school kids recruiting process lol

Man it’s wild, they would’ve hated me if I was in that position cause I’m mid 20’s now. I would’ve been posting tour dates on my social media and everything. I would’ve hit Georgia & Bama for some non nil money every unofficial visit just to commit to Miami on signing day lol.

Advertisement
Shouldn’t he look at Michigan film and watch how Gattis used them?
We can't have it both ways. When Jean said he wants to see the offense, we said that Gattis was held back by Harbaugh who insisted on having a strong running game from the '90's. Now Johnson wants to see the offense and it's "look at Michigan's tape". I don't know if this is the Johnsons doing their due diligence or if they're greasing the skids to go somewhere else. But whether it's with Jean or Johnson, Gattis was brought here to close these types if players and sell them on his vision of the offense.

Watching Michigan tape isn't going to make a difference. Chris isn't a traditional RB.

That's what I keep trying to tell yall.

He's more of a Swiss army knife type.
He plays RB, slot WR and outside WR.
He's 6'0" and roughly 185lbs.

Seeing as he's not a traditional RB, he probably shouldn't be used in traditional ways.
Thus the concern for how he'll be used.

Advertisement
Watching Michigan tape isn't going to make a difference. Chris isn't a traditional RB.

Seeing as he's not a traditional RB, he probably shouldn't be used in traditional ways.
So you think he’s a faster debo Samuels

Here it comes…

Wow! He's bigger (Paws) than I thought!

How is FSU articulating their usage of him with that QB they have?

Who are the other major players here, Coach Macho?

Advertisement

Doubt his dad has these concerns with the other schools recruiting him. This bull**** narrative is getting old and fast. The guy earned the Broyles. Nuff said.

What RB has Bama used as a “Swiss army knife”?

Advertisement

But that logic doesn't hold up. If we don't have a similar Swiss army knife currently they're not going to see anyone used how this kid would.

Makes sense. Thankfully ESD isn’t until after the season. We will have plenty of time to show what he needs to see, and what he doesn’t want to see just as well…

Advertisement
We can't have it both ways. When Jean said he wants to see the offense, we said that Gattis was held back by Harbaugh who insisted on having a strong running game from the '90's. Now Johnson wants to see the offense and it's "look at Michigan's tape". I don't know if this is the Johnsons doing their due diligence or if they're greasing the skids to go somewhere else. But whether it's with Jean or Johnson, Gattis was brought here to close these types if players and sell them on his vision of the offense.
Fair enough

I don't know about this @Coach Macho. Sounds like stringing along to me. You can't say you wanna see how he will be used amd then when people say watxh the man's most recent offense that got him the Broyles award and you are saying its not good enough. If we have different types of RBs to him how exactly is he gonna see how he will be used?

Every player free to go where they wanna go and make their own decision, just seems Miami get these explanation from the home players that other teams don't get.

Hopefully we looking at other options, as it seems Baxter gone and we gonna get slow played here

If he wants to be used as a RB, slot WR, and outside WR, he needs to go somewhere like UCF.

That's not happening at Bama, Clemson, UF, etc. Michigan's usage of AJ Henning under Gattis is probably the best sell, but we don't have anyone who fits that role as well as Henning this year.

People here get annoyed hearing those comments from local recruits because it just sets up an excuse to pick anywhere "other than Miami".

Maybe sell him on being a faster more explosive version of dj dallas. (5’11 190 as a senior)
Rooster had a good season being versatile. I know it’s a different oc now.
But good oc’s know how to use players like these.

Advertisement
Back