2023 Chris Johnson Jr

Advertisement
Is there more film of this kid out there? The highlights posted in this thread don't show too much, IMO. Anyone seen him live and have any thoughts on what you've seen one way or the other?

I had an excellent discussion about this a while ago, and anyone if this is BS call it out or if you heard similar let me know, but it really had little to do with Lingards wiggle.

Lingard was spoiled by his HS so that messed up his mindset.

Secondarily, they ran absolutely basic offense, essentially running nothing but 3-4 plays so he never developed vision or the discipline to learn plays or the position.

So when you are spoiled and don’t know the position your going to be a bad student since you probably think you know it all but know almost Jack ****.
I didn't help that he played in the Wing-T.

I called this out when I watched him at a Miami practice. He had no clue how to run within a zone scheme.

I called this out when I watched him at a Miami practice. He had no clue how to run within a zone scheme.
Like i said not being able to pick up a RB playbook where blocking assignments is the hardest part let you know how low football IQ he has. They usually can hand you the ball and say find the hole, he couldn't even do that

Advertisement

I don’t think that’s all the story though because Don is too and Don is prob the best pure RB on the roster. He just can’t stay healthy.

I played in something similar back in my day.
Wing T ish then zone in college, but a year of redshirting and another year of 3rd string/ scout work fixed me up.

To be honest, he probably just wasn't made for me. Probably couldn't even do the Dougie.

Yup where are all the star whores who claimed he was not that good and he should be a DB. He is gonna get a bump and bet they change their tune like with Jean. Miami offers Bama offers, same as ever. Saban's knows who the goat recruiter is.

Like I tell u man, stop acting like my staff is a bunch of bums. They dont need recruiting sites to spot good players. Man gonna catch up on Emory too watch.
Yep!

Advertisement
I don’t think that’s all the story though because Don is too and Don is prob the best pure RB on the roster. He just can’t stay healthy.
It was the entitlement. He got everything he wanted in HS and I think when it didn’t happen in college he chose to be set in his ways.

Thinking he could have good upside at CB is not the same as saying he’s not that good.

UGA is definitely recruiting him with the intentions of moving him to CB so that’s not as absurd as you might think.

I said I was in favor of taking him at either spot, but I also think he would be a good CB too.
See Lovasea Carroll. Tells you all about Kirby's willingness to switch a RB to CB...

Is there more film of this kid out there? The highlights posted in this thread don't show too much, IMO. Anyone seen him live and have any thoughts on what you've seen one way or the other?

There's gotta be more out there, right?

I see nothing in those highlights. I wouldn't think he was anywhere near as fast as his track times are either.

What kind of stats did he have last year? Is their OC a moron, can't call plays for him or is the supporting cast terrible? Did he have someone ahead of him or was it his first year playing?

I'm really not seeing what would make all these schools offer. Sure, speed is one thing, but that highlight tape is as pedestrian as they come.

So what's the deal here?

Advertisement
Advertisement
mortal-kombat-animated-gif-29.gif

Advertisement
Back