Chris Henderson is....

Advertisement
Why would u take a year away from his development as a CB?

I wouldn't but who says they can't work at rb/cb both, dallas I think plays some wr/cb/rb anyways. this year and returns guy to get on field early, probably have specific packages at wr/rb so doesn't have to learn to much but its a great way to use his talent. I could see a guy like Charles perry switching positions also as no way he ever sees field at lb.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Like he needed his own thread GTFOH

Like we needed your comment. This scenario is far more realistic than snagging one of the other RB's with 3 days left to recruit.

No this is not a realistic scenario. It wont happen. He isn't even committed.

Don't start a new thread about a potential commit unless its about his recruitment.

It annoys me and more than likely other people as well.

Win win situation here.

We've got plenty of schollies to give to take 1 solid plan B RB now (i'm looking at you AJ Davis).

If not, DJ is here now, and has plenty of experience carrying the ball.

If DJ doesn't pan out, CJ can be given a shot in August.

Of course, this could all be a moot point if the RBs including Burns stay generally healthy.

We have scholarships for this year. Not for 2018.
If this was all talk about a graduate senior or just keeping Edwards...sure.

But you don't take a plan B guy that wont be able to beat out Homer or Burns, and will only take away from our 2018 scholarship numbers. Only have like 13 guys graduating when the 2018 class comes in so we don't have too many 2018 schollys. We'd need to drop a lot of guys to take a full class.

Advertisement
then why isn't anybody recruiting him as a running back? I'm asking honestly?

Because his NFL position is CB. I'm not saying he'll be a 4 year RB here. But he's a good 1 year insurance policy. Same could probably be said for Deejay. I'd rather a 1 insurance policy than add a 4 year paperweight.

I don't disagree with this in general but, for some reason, I feel pretty good about Walton, Homer and Burns. Admittedly, I haven't seen much (or any) of Homer's RB abilities yet but I trust the evaluation of coach Richt. In reality, if you're on your 3rd string running back, the season is in trouble regardless. No need to move a potentially game changing guy at another position, like Deejay or Henderson could be, to be a "just in case" 3rd or 4th string guy. Just doesn't feel right to me.

there was a really good running back i think he was with yearby, every time he touched the ball he got like 8 or better than all of a sudden didn;t here from him anymore.

Advertisement
Back