2024 Chris Cole LB from VA (Rohan's Nephew) [commits to UGA]

Def agree, unless you're not any good. We got irvin and lewis kids. Neither were any good and not close to Miami caliber. Blades son was ranked fairly highly but didn't pan out and wasn't very good. This one would def hurt. Really wanted him but Miami is striking out left and right this cycle
None of them finished their careers here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The only thing I dislike about recruiting is that coaches are not honest with their fans. If we don’t have the NIL money to compete I would rather know this than not. Pre-NIL the rumor was that we were not dropping bags in line with other programs. Again, I would rather a coach have come out and just said this if it was true. There is nothing wrong with admitting a budget and admitting a budget that is less than some other programs. At least it puts your fans in a position of knowledge rather than pure speculation.
Imagine a coach publicly stating we aren’t dropping bags like the elite programs. That’s suicide in recruiting and your opponents would eat you alive for years to come. The only ones our coaches need to be honest with are the players.

Btw, we aren’t broke. I suspect that narrative will come to an end later in the year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
First of all, we already have beaten major programs for several current kids. Secondly, every recruit, position, need and budget is different for all programs. FSU beat out UGA for one recruit, that doesn’t mean it’s on an indictment on UGA.

I think it’s lame to panic about recruiting with Mario running the show but to each his own..
FSU beat uga out for Thomas and Kam Davis too

Advertisement
Back