2024 Chris Cole LB from VA (Rohan's Nephew) [commits to UGA]

We spent a lot last year. Somewhat like A&M. Imagine a budget of $15M annually (excluding inflation).

Last year we might have allocated $10M to the 2023 class.

This year, we have $15M overall, but $10M are already allocated to the incoming freshman class. That leaves $5M to pursue the 2024 class and portal players.

So you thus increase your budget from $15M to $20-25M to remain highly competitive for new players (and reup existing players who might now be underpaid), or you stay firm at your original NIL spend levels.
I disagree with this, but my take might also be incorrect.

Each year has to have its own amount allocated, with an understanding of where the total 4 year amount should fall (Like 4MM/YR, 16MM overall) ... NIL is all new, but your investment would have to have some foresight into a kid being at a program for a minimum of three years, and with room to flex that budget as needed for a particular class, so there might be some merit to this year being lower, as maybe the eVaL's are generally lower than last year's kids overall.

Who knows, but I just have to believe they would be smarter than me with money and budgeting, considering the dollars involved.

Advertisement
Lol. Nine wins isnt doing **** for us in 2024. Don’t get yourselves hyped on another false premise
It will do something, which is stopping the hemorrhaging and at least laying a foundation to build off of. Something to sell that isn't a hypothetical, something concrete with actual evidence and results.

But no, it's not going to magically turn this class into a Top 6 group. If anything, it'll help more with the '25 kids.

Hate this excuse. Fsu just landed a 5 star defensive player over uga. They’re close to flipping the LB from UGA as well.
FSU is obviously throwing a much bigger bag because they are more desperate than UGA. UGA is loaded! They don’t need to match other offers. You go there, you have to wait your turn. It’s common sense, folks.

However, UGA’s Defense is NFL making machine, too. Can’t blame any kid to who wants to play there on Defense.

FSU is obviously throwing a much bigger bag because they are more desperate than UGA. UGA is loaded! They don’t need to match other offers. You go there, you have to wait your turn. It’s common sense, folks.

However, UGA’s Defense is NFL making machine, too. Can’t blame any kid to who wants to play there on Defense.
And why is fsu doing it but not us? We’re using the excuse for losing guys to uga but fsu can beat them? Pretty lame

Advertisement

We should be desperate too.

And why is fsu doing it but not us? We’re using the excuse for losing guys to uga but fsu can beat them? Pretty lame
First of all, we already have beaten major programs for several current kids. Secondly, every recruit, position, need and budget is different for all programs. FSU beat out UGA for one recruit, that doesn’t mean it’s on an indictment on UGA.

I think it’s lame to panic about recruiting with Mario running the show but to each his own..

Advertisement
First of all, we already have beaten major programs for several current kids. Secondly, every recruit, position, need and budget is different for all programs. FSU beat out UGA for one recruit, that doesn’t mean it’s on an indictment on UGA.

I think it’s lame to panic about recruiting with Mario running the show but to each his own..

Actually beat a couple big time programs out for Lester as well. Flipped OT From USC too. But whatever hope the go down in a ball of fire this year.

It will do something, which is stopping the hemorrhaging and at least laying a foundation to build off of. Something to sell that isn't a hypothetical, something concrete with actual evidence and results.

But no, it's not going to magically turn this class into a Top 6 group. If anything, it'll help more with the '25 kids.
9 regular season wins and a rare bowl win absolutely shows progress. FSU was worse than what we showed last year the first two years of Norvell and now look at what 10 wins has gotten them. And Mario runs laps around Memphis Mike on the trial all things equal.

They flipped the top TE from UGA as well. Beat out programs for Lester (including Deon we couldn't do that for Cormani) flipped a tackle from USC.

and in regards to your Mario comment. I never said panic. But we should be doing better and we should be overpaying and able to land a few more guys. We've got a couple good players on board and a ton of projects. We're missing on a ton of the top guys on the board. There are options but it is thinning every month

The only thing I dislike about recruiting is that coaches are not honest with their fans. If we don’t have the NIL money to compete I would rather know this than not. Pre-NIL the rumor was that we were not dropping bags in line with other programs. Again, I would rather a coach have come out and just said this if it was true. There is nothing wrong with admitting a budget and admitting a budget that is less than some other programs. At least it puts your fans in a position of knowledge rather than pure speculation.

Advertisement
The only thing I dislike about recruiting is that coaches are not honest with their fans. If we don’t have the NIL money to compete I would rather know this than not. Pre-NIL the rumor was that we were not dropping bags in line with other programs. Again, I would rather a coach have come out and just said this if it was true. There is nothing wrong with admitting a budget and admitting a budget that is less than some other programs. At least it puts your fans in a position of knowledge rather than pure speculation.

Most of the fans would not believe the HC and kill the HC for making excuses for poor recruiting (especially in a circumstance where he just got an $80M contract and went 5-7), a significant minority of the fans would kill the HC for giving away valuable NIL strategy, and a tiny, almost imperceivable minority of fans would actually believe the HC and appreciate the honesty.

It seems like some of you guys forgot FSU is a huge brand and big threat in recruiting just because they have been since Cuckbo left them.

One good year from them last year and they’re a force in recruiting again.

If we have a good year next year we’ll be a lot sexier in 2025 for kids too.

Last years performance was HORRIBLE reinforced all the negative hits on Mario, and we failed to meet all expectations. That hurts our credibility and losing our biggest nil donor hurts too.

lot of pressure for us to win next year, but if we do we’ll be absolutely fine

Advertisement
I disagree with this, but my take might also be incorrect.

Each year has to have its own amount allocated, with an understanding of where the total 4 year amount should fall (Like 4MM/YR, 16MM overall) ... NIL is all new, but your investment would have to have some foresight into a kid being at a program for a minimum of three years, and with room to flex that budget as needed for a particular class, so there might be some merit to this year being lower, as maybe the eVaL's are generally lower than last year's kids overall.

Who knows, but I just have to believe they would be smarter than me with money and budgeting, considering the dollars involved.
It sound reasonable. Per another post, I think FSU and Florida are surging spending to levels unsustainable on a four year basis because:

1) Florida’s best talent is older, defensive players - so not many renegotiations

2) FSU’s best talent (most of it) are done after 2023

They can overspend for 2024, but would be hard pressed to keep doing the same in 2025 and 2026.

One other thing about FSU doing well on trail is these kids grew up watching the 2012-2014 teams actually be really good. 3 straight ACC titles, a National Title, a playoff appearance. Meanwhile Miami was blowing oats during that time along with the Nevin scandal.

Bolden grew up going to Trailerhasse for camps as a kid, FSU was his dream school. Lester grew up a big Nole fan, his mom was part of the Sarasota Seminole group, and after a 10
Win season Goofy Mike can pitch Noles are on cusp of getting back to that level.

Meanwhile we go 5-7 and looked as bad as you can look. We may have been the worst 5-7 in America.

We give recruits and big money boosters something to believe in with a good 2023 season, it will
Be fine.
They were 8...they aint grow up watching them be sh*t. I hate to keep seeing this when they have been bad for most of these kids formidable football life.

Everything else i agree with you said

Mario running what show? The 18th ranked class show? Stop it already. It's a ******* dumpster fire rn & you know it.

Miami is the only school where legacy means absolutely nothing
Def agree, unless you're not any good. We got irvin and lewis kids. Neither were any good and not close to Miami caliber. Blades son was ranked fairly highly but didn't pan out and wasn't very good. This one would def hurt. Really wanted him but Miami is striking out left and right this cycle

Advertisement
Back