2024 Chris Cole LB from VA (Rohan's Nephew) [commits to UGA]

Ok. He went 7-5. Again….what difference does it make? That’s not good enough here. Would the 2023 class have been different? No. Would the 2024 class be different? No. Would it have impacted the 2023 season? No. So what’s it matter? We took our lumps. Any coach on earth would have. He’s turned over ~75% of the roster. He realized he made a huge mistake with his OC. He got rid of him after 1 year. Last year was gonna be growing pains regardless. Let’s see where it goes from here. This year will tell a big part of the story. 2024 will tell a REALLY big part of the story. Let’s see where we are after this year, and next. We hired this dude for his talent acquisition skills, period. Maybe we should let him acquire his talent.
I can agree with this, this is a huge year for the program and I hope he steers us in the right direction and the talent he has brought in shows out

Advertisement
Would you have really felt any better if it was 7-5? Would anything be different in the grand scheme? The program hasn’t tried to win in 20 years. It finally is. Let’s see how it works out.

You can bet it would be better, optically if we went 7-5, got a shot at a bowl game, and ended the season with a win. It's a drastically different look than 5-7.

It also just isn't a record thing. It's how the losses came, etc. No reason to repeat it, it's all been said.

So once again, there was nothing necessary about 5-7. That was a failure in every way. There is nothing positive about it.

We'll see how it works out, we don't have a choice. Even if it does, 5 - 7 I can guarantee you wasn't part of some master plan.

Would you have really felt any better if it was 7-5? Would anything be different in the grand scheme? The program hasn’t tried to win in 20 years. It finally is. Let’s see how it works out.

7-5 means we don't get blown out by MTSU at home (negative recruiting pitch) and that we also beat one of either Duke, UNC, FSU, TAMU, or Pitt. I'd say that winning 2 more games will always be better than not, as far as momentum goes. Unless you're going from 1/2 wins to 3/4

aint nobody got time for that GIF

7-5 means we don't get blown out by MTSU at home (negative recruiting pitch) and that we also beat one of either Duke, UNC, FSU, TAMU, or Pitt. I'd say that winning 2 more games will always be better than not, as far as momentum goes. Unless you're going from 1/2 wins to 3/4
Yea 5-7 to 7-5 for us last year is absolutely different lol. I do understand mario had to uproot everything to lay a foundation but we don’t gotta act like 2 wins and a shot at a bowl game win wouldn’t change the feeling after year 1 lol thats bs.

I still believe in the vision tho and im not panicking at all even tho i can acknowledge red flags. This is gonna take time to reach natty levels, i think we should still see improvements every year until then tho..and i think we will

Advertisement
Cristobal is here long term. Spending time crying about 5-7 aint making a ounce of difference and with all due respect, this idea that 7-5 would have been taken better than 5-7, why us and UF outrecruiting FSU?

Advertisement
Its not some complex equation to understand the bigger picture, there are bumps and bruises to rebuild a program especially after the horrible coaches that came before him. But to receive the resources he got as well as the above average talent that was on the roster there’s no excuse to not win 7+ games. And you can say all people will care about is Saturdays and it’s a process and all that, but when you’re a top 15 paid coach in the country and have Miami’s recruiting grounds and play in the ACC coastal ya results on Saturday matter.
I'll play along. What above average PROVEN talent was healthy throughout all of last season?

Pretty easy to see what’s happening here. Kids likes Miami, Has family ties, didn’t have green light to UGA till yesterday.

Tells Miami and his family to keep them happy and not hounding him that he is leaning Cane in the hopes of getting a chance at going to UGA who is on top of the college world and pumping out NFL talent.

He probably feels pressure from Rohan and is a kid so he just tells them what they want to hear.

This is the likely scenario. Not saying he won’t pick miami but might strange how confident Georgia is but also how Miami felt good which seems to be the trend this cycle. Recruiting has changed and this staff keeps getting left at the alter on kids they “felt confident in”.

Let’s how Miami wins this one cause the LB room still needs an infusion of talent.

Advertisement
Pretty easy to see what’s happening here. Kids likes Miami, Has family ties, didn’t have green light to UGA till yesterday.

Tells Miami and his family to keep them happy and not hounding him that he is leaning Cane in the hopes of getting a chance at going to UGA who is on top of the college world and pumping out NFL talent.

He probably feels pressure from Rohan and is a kid so he just tells them what they want to hear.

This is the likely scenario. Not saying he won’t pick miami but might strange how confident Georgia is but also how Miami felt good which seems to be the trend this cycle. Recruiting has changed and this staff keeps getting left at the alter on kids they “felt confident in”.

Let’s how Miami wins this one cause the LB room still needs an infusion of talent.
Exactly what I'm thinking too and I think the PT should be the deciding factor here

Advertisement
So basically we win vs MTSU and Duke….but get beat by every other team with a pulse on our schedule. I agree with you OBM…not sure if the changes would’ve happened at 7-5 but in the grand scheme of things I’m happy 5-7 was what it was because I do not believe that the Shannon Dawson- overall offensive scheme change happens unless Mario’s back is up against the wall. 5-7 did that for us and we will benefit

We have the dumbest fans. It must be the Miami Dade and FIU educations.
Or it's most likely fans that aren't from FL at all. It's like the stadium Dolts who continue to push for a stadium close or on a campus that could never happen.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back