Chip vs Dolphins

How about Dan Campbell for Canes coach? He's very solid. Reminds me of a young Bill Cowher. All about fundamentals and toughness. He is now 3-2 with two blowout wins and a great road win in the cold since taking over as interim.
Butch.

The Butch cult is insanely annoying and silly. I would be okay with Butch, but Butch is a coach that will win 9 games on average. He has bland schemes and hasn't coached in years. We could do worse, but we can do better.

In all seriousness I don't view the Butch Davis support as cultish. There are very sound logical reasons for the support he's getting. In my opinion the Butch supporters believe that he would bring a few elements that have been sorely lacking......

1) He would stock the roster with excellent talent as he is considered one of if not the best talent evaluator in the game.
2) He would change this broken culture that accepts losing.
3) He would address the miserable state of this defense in relatively short order.
4) He would build a strong foundation based on leadership and mental toughness
5) He would go back to recruiting speed.
6) He would hire an excellent staff.

I don't think that anyone compares Butch to an X's and O's genius but what he does bring to the table are foundational things that this program desperately needs.

My personal wish list for our new coach would be as follows...

1) Chip Kelly
2) Gary Patterson
3) Butch Davis
4) Tom Herman
5) Dino Babers
6) Hue Jackson

The reason I am on the Butch brigade is because I can't see the clowns that run this show actually landing Kelly or Patterson. Also while I think the others listed would be great hires, at this juncture I would rather bring in someone who has the experience. Someone that can rebuild our weak foundation. I know Davis isn't Lombardi but I believe he is a very sensible and practical hire that could very well make this a very coveted job in 3-5 years.

Datz it mane

Advertisement
Chip would be a dream hire

I think old Chip just lost to Miami. Lost home game to the Fins. What a great can't miss wonder coach.

Against an interim TE coach at that.

Cuz NFL success totally dictates college success. Chip would rape, murder and plunder the ACC. He wouldn't even need top 10 classes here to win. We would be playing in Charlotte annually, playing in BCS bowls and making runs at Nattys. Never in our wildest wet dreams would we be able to land someone as close to good as Chip. 46-7 at Oregon. Name another mother ****** on our list that has anywhere near that kind of success, including Butch.

That's impressive but was he down 31 scholarships? Oh that's right.

I think old Chip just lost to Miami. Lost home game to the Fins. What a great can't miss wonder coach.

What Chip is doing in Philadelphia means nothing to me. Pete Carrol didn't have much success his first time in the NFL. Satan didn't exactly light of up in Miami yet he is considered elite in college. If Kelly leaves the NFL he will be coveted by every power 5 school with a head coaching vacancy and most without one. AD's will be tripping over each other trying to land him. It will be like that frantic holiday shopping scene from "Jingle all the Way".

Last edited:

What Chip is doing in Philadelphia means nothing to me. Pete Carrol didn't have much success his first time in the NFL. Satan didn't exactly light of up in Miami yet he is considered elite in college. If Kelly leaves the NFL he will be coveted by every power 5 school with a head coaching vacancy and most without one. AD's will be tripping over each other trying to land him. It will be like that frantic holiday shopping scene from "Jingle all the Way".

Satan won a NC BEFORE he left for NFL; Chip won crap. Carrol was a NFL HC before he was a college HC, but I see the comparison: both hauled rear for their college HC jobs just ahead of the ncaa. Pete left USC in a huge mess and Chip, whell chip got a show cause letter. Did that vest dude at OSU ever get another college HC job after his show cause? He actually won a NC, although by cheating. I assume Chip will be hot if he comes back to college, but am more interested in a coach who will restore Cane defense its historic style of play. Then Chip's offense will be obsolete -- old Cane defense is the answer to tempo and the spread. Our absence is the only reason those are still around.

Chip Kelly losing one game to the Dolphins > Chip Kelly winning 10 games each of his first two seasons in the NFL. Hmmm. Same logic tends to dismiss Pagano's NFL resume too but probably can justify Charlie Strong's at Texas. Sometimes I think this fanbase deserves a Coach Cristobal.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back