Chip Kelly Fired!!

Chip likely stays in the NFL. There will be several HC openings after the end of the regular season. Tennessee is an obvious destination.

I believe he would have succeeded at Miami but would have left for another NFL HC job sooner than later. I also believe he might have left The U in trouble with the NCAA.

Do not need.

Advertisement
Chip likely stays in the NFL. There will be several HC openings after the end of the regular season. Tennessee is an obvious destination.

I believe he would have succeeded at Miami but would have left for another NFL HC job sooner than later. I also believe he might have left The U in trouble with the NCAA.

Do not need.

You are rationalizing big time.

Kelly would have immediately pushed this program to championship contention level and created an air of excitement never before seen here.

Local kids would be jizzing their pants to play in his offense.

If we already talked to him behind the scenes and it didn't work out its one thing, but if you asked me if I would have preferred to have Richt in the fold or stayed open in order to entertain the possibility of Chip I would have easily chosen the latter.

Do not need.

Kelly would have immediately pushed this program to championship contention level and created an air of excitement never before seen here.

If we already talked to him behind the scenes and it didn't work out its one thing, but if you asked me if I would have preferred to have Richt in the fold or stayed open in order to entertain the possibility of Chip I would have easily chosen the latter.

Chip Kelly is a great coach and I agree he would have been successful. Immediate championship contention? If you think he has some magical Xs and Os formula, fine. I'll leave that projection to you.

Today, Lurie had a presser on Potato Chip's firing.

He was asked if he had offered Chip to stay without the GM duties. He denied it, saying that when Chip was called in, he had already decided to can him; main reason being that he didn't like the trajectory of the team. Added that Chip was a bold and risky experiment, that didn't work out. Emphasized that the team has traditionally been very patient with coaches.

He said that it's important that the next coach have excellent communication skills. (Inference is obvious.)

Lurie will now spend time talking with all the players, gathering their input. He added that he had already spoken with several, prior to the firing, asking them if they felt they were being used properly.

Firing was now because he wanted to get a jump on candidates, prior to next week's end of season.

Bottom line, Potato Chip has been a complete disaster, for the Eagles. They couldn't wait to get rid of his sorry incompetent ***.

What a great way to end the year. First Fraulden gets canned, now Potato Chip gets fried! 2016 looks promising for both my Canes and Eagles.

Blake wasn't patient enough.

Glad Jizzbo didn't take the LSU job.

Strong just caught diarrhea.

kelly isn't coming back to college , miami would of never been in running. texas can pay him 7 mill per miami can't to think miami would of had a shot with kelly is delusional.

If you say it so forcefully then it must be true. Thanks for setting me straight with your commanding key strokes, klitoris.

chip kelly isn't coming back to college. he has stated so many times he wants to stay in nfl u can't miss it. 2. miami was able to get 4 mill for richt but kelly would of cost at least 5 and maybe more.

miami wouldn't of been able to get that kind of money together. its just fact. fans on here can whine and do whatever they want. facts are chip kelly will get more money from usc, texas, texas a&m, or any of those schools then miami could give him.

the fact is he wants to stay in nfl. he has an ego and a huge ego at that. he believes he can be a great nfl coach and isn't gonna leave until he fails multiple times.

call me names all u want. i am right. chip kelly even if miami had waited wouldn't be miami's next hc and if we had waited richt woudl of taken year off and miami would of ended up with some no name mac coach again.

Advertisement
ps all those butch davis supporters and saying should of waited for chip kelly , when richt wins a national title will say they wanted richt all along.

it will be the same replay of butch. people wanted him gone in 98 enough to fly banners. then when he left and miami went in toilet wanted him back. same people wanted him fired in 98 were all of a sudden butch is so great , we want u back butch. please.

if and when richt wins a national title at miam all those saying should of waited for chip kelly will deny saying it.

Richt hasn't even picked his staff, but you're handing him the NC? I believe that Reverend Richt would be embarrassed by your idolatry.

Last edited:

Do not need.

Chip Kelly is a great coach and I agree he would have been successful. Immediate championship contention? If you think he has some magical Xs and Os formula, fine. I'll leave that projection to you.

WTF are you talking about. Did you even watch college football the last 6 or 7 years?

He X and O'd the most innovative spread option offense in all of college football to a 46-8 record with OREGON athletes and took them to a championship game.

WTF do you think he'll do with SF athletes?

Do not need.

How old are you? How long have you been a fan? An air of excitement never seen before at Miami? This is the U, the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s were pretty **** exciting.

Advertisement
Mark Richt is the right hire and he wants to be at Miami. Chip Kelly would never come to Miami because they could not afford him

Last edited:
Richt is solid, but Chip would have destroyed people at Miami.

This. Anyone who disagrees with one syllable of this statement is an outright moron.

I don't know who is more moronic, Potato Chip or his sycophant supporters. Potato Chip is a MORON! He was handed total control of the Eagles. He royally ****ed it up, lasting almost 3 seasons. Somehow, the potatoes here want to suspend this recent evidence of Chip's INCOMPETENCE. The 6 million residents of the Philly metro area are thankful that the Potato Chip has been crumbled.

People forget that one of the many boxes Richt checked for our admin was that he's never been implicated in major NCAA violations. Without Black Santa, Butch may have been able to convince the admin that he was a scapegoat for larger issues at UNC, particularly with his NCAA letter. However, Chip got slapped with a show cause in recent history. I seriously doubt that we would have gone that route after getting through the Shapiro nonsense (even if it was blown out of proportion). Also, as others have said, we likely would have been outbid for his services and then ended up with some POS like Wario.

I'm happy with who we got, particularly since I don't think chip would have been a real option for us. No use lamenting over it. Do I think there are questions around
Richt? Yes, but we are in much better hands than we've been for over a decade.

Advertisement

Do not need.

How old are you? How long have you been a fan? An air of excitement never seen before at Miami? This is the U, the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s were pretty **** exciting.

I've been a fan since the 80's.

When Schenellenberger came he was a name but no one even fathomed this program being a championship contender at that time.

Jimmy Johnson, Dennis Erickson weren't huge names when they were hired out of Ok St and Wash St respectively.

Butch Davis, Coker, Shannon & Golden certainly didn't generate that type of buzz when they were hired.

So WTF are you talking about?

Do not need.

I've been a fan since the 80's.

When Schenellenberger came he was a name but no one even fathomed this program being a championship contender at that time.

Jimmy Johnson, Dennis Erickson weren't huge names when they were hired out of Ok St and Wash St respectively.

Butch Davis, Coker, Shannon & Golden certainly didn't generate that type of buzz when they were hired.

So WTF are you talking about?

Potato Chip must give him a woodie.

Mark Richt is the right hire and he wants to be at Miami. Chip Kelly would never come to Miami because they could not afford him

Prior to hiring Richt they said the same thing about him. So I wouldn't make this about money.

Advertisement

This. Anyone who disagrees with one syllable of this statement is an outright moron.

I don't know who is more moronic, Potato Chip or his sycophant supporters. Potato Chip is a MORON! He was handed total control of the Eagles. He royally ****ed it up, lasting almost 3 seasons. Somehow, the potatoes here want to suspend this recent evidence of Chip's INCOMPETENCE. The 6 million residents of the Philly metro area are thankful that the Potato Chip has been crumbled.

LOL, your shtick is nothing but blind hatred for the man. What he did at Oregon was outstanding. What he did at Philly was good until they gave him the GM job as well. He did ***** up the last year. To call the man a moron is flat out moronic.

My statement above stands.

LOL, your shtick is nothing but blind hatred for the man. What he did at Oregon was outstanding. What he did at Philly was good until they gave him the GM job as well. He did ***** up the last year. To call the man a moron is flat out moronic.

Potato Chip did fine at Oregon. Not arguing that.

He also did fine with his first year Eagles lineup. He sold his success into the GM gig. Then his Dr Moron side came out. He threw away what worked. You're ******* right I Hate the MORON. It's going to take a couple of years for the Eagles to replace the talent he squandered.

Anyone that fails to acknowlege Potato Chip's moronic alter ego, is a MORON.

Potato Chip did fine at Oregon. Not arguing that.

He also did fine with his first year Eagles lineup. He sold his success into the GM gig. Then his Dr Moron side came out. He threw away what worked. You're ******* right I Hate the MORON. It's going to take a couple of years for the Eagles to replace the talent he squandered.

Anyone that fails to acknowlege Potato Chip's moronic alter ego, is a MORON.

Anyone who doesn't understand there is exactly ZERO CORRELATION between success in the pros and success in COLLEGE...is the MORON OF ALL MORONS.

Nick Saban and Steve Spurrier say hello.

Just stop dude...your hate for him is clouding your judgement and you sound ridiculous. Chip Kelly would have been an excellent fit with South Florida athletes.

And for the record...it's not like Chip has embarrassed himself in the pros. Chip the GM has done a worse job than Chip the coach....and if you're going to go that route then be prepared to massacre Nick Saban for choosing to deal for Daunte Culpepper instead of Drew Brees.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back