Chicken Little syndrome

grover

Senior
Premium
Why so much hate for the coaches regarding recruiting? I understand that we missed on some key talent locally. But we have a Top 3 QB, a Top 3 RB, a Top 5 OT, a Top 5 DE, a Top 10 S, several Top 25 OL and DL, and a full contingent of Rush Ends/OLBs. This group compliments the 202 and 2013 classes to make a very well-rounded team in terms of talent. Certainly much deeper and much better symmetry than we've had in the past 10 years.

Advertisement
If we'd whiffed on Cook and Rudolph and Dixon in November and swayed Hester, Jenkins, and Chad Thomas last week, this place would be ****ting rainbows and ****ing gold.

But alas!, the opposite is true, and we don't have any momentum going.

Thus, wild overreactions and a complete loss of perspective.

But hey, fanatics, baby!

We still have Dorito, that is enough to anger fans. Oh and we missed on several top recruits as well multiple decommits after the PSU mess.

If we'd whiffed on Cook and Rudolph and Dixon in November and swayed Hester, Jenkins, and Chad Thomas last week, this place would be ****ting rainbows and ****ing gold.

But alas!, the opposite is true, and we don't have any momentum going.

Thus, wild overreactions and a complete loss of perspective.

But hey, fanatics, baby!

There is just a negative vibe around the program... Started with the Duke loss, got worse with the Louisville mess and the PSU crap was the cherry on top. I am not happy with the staff right now and just overall very annoyed.

Why so much hate for the coaches regarding recruiting?

It's the disappointment of losing Thomas, Bryant, Bostwick, Collins, Michel, Cook, Rudolph, Dixon, and Powell in two cycles. In all likelihood, Lane is gone, and I'm not counting on Valentine or JC Jackson in this class either.

For two years, we talked about how great these two high school classes were and while I'm grateful for the Chad Thomas' and Joe Yearby's, to miss on all of those guys is disappointing, period.

But I guess my expectations are just out of kilter.

Advertisement
Because the talent we lose is 1 elite n 2 they live right across the street from campus 3 they rooted for um...................n 4 its y we have been mediocre for 10 years n will continue until it changes

It's the disappointment of losing Thomas, Bryant, Bostwick, Collins, Michel, Cook, Rudolph, Dixon, and Powell in two cycles. In all likelihood, Lane is gone, and I'm not counting on Valentine or JC Jackson in this class either.

For two years, we talked about how great these two high school classes were and while I'm grateful for the Chad Thomas' and Joe Yearby's, to miss on all of those guys is disappointing, period.

This.......its also ashame that fans cant see that its the main numero uno reason we suk. We need a Saban or Jimbo to clean up. Even if somehow we hired them they wouldnt take it because they cant recruit n e 1 cause of the grade casualties. They dont have 2 deal with it as much as we do.

Because this is Miami. We aren't content with getting 3/4 elite guys. We want a class full of them. And we need a class full of them to compete with FSU

I agree we've missed on a lot of elite talent. Last years class wasn't loaded but it had key players we needed. This years class was loaded and we missed on alot of "Cane locks".

I'm not saying we should get them all but a higher % is needed.

Advertisement
People say what's real. There's not some overwhelming movement of pessimists just for the sake of it. Did you see any when we were 7-0?

The program's performance dictates the fan's reaction. Some people get a little uncomfortable when the light gets shined on the state of affairs and truths get told.

I understand the angst about the program and the hopes for some changes in the staff - but when was the last time we had this much talent in a recruiting class? We have some flat-out studs, and some program- changing talent in the class. Despite some defections and a couple of whiffs, I am stoked about what the '14 class can do for our program. This is good news!

I understand the angst about the program and the hopes for some changes in the staff - but when was the last time we had this much talent in a recruiting class? We have some flat-out studs, and some program- changing talent in the class. Despite some defections and a couple of whiffs, I am stoked about what the '14 class can do for our program. This is good news!

I would sort of feel this way if they get Tv back

People say what's real. There's not some overwhelming movement of pessimists just for the sake of it. Did you see any when we were 7-0?

The program's performance dictates the fan's reaction. Some people get a little uncomfortable when the light gets shined on the state of affairs and truths get told.

You need to have a chat with 007

Advertisement

I would sort of feel this way if they get Tv back

I have zero faith our Defensive staff can help them reach their potential. :mad:

Because we have absolute atrocious, pathetic "fans".

They dont do **** to support the program, and their lives are made complete by spending their time *****ing on a public board.

They dont do **** to support the program, and their lives are made complete by spending their time ****ing on a public board.

I have supported the program financially, buying season tickets and donating for years. That will change this year, in life you have priorities and I cannot continue to focus my time and money watching coach D let teams march up and down the field on us. Call it what you want but I have two little kids now and priorities are different. Call me a bad fan, I've been going to games home and away for over 25 years.

Advertisement

They dont do **** to support the program, and their lives are made complete by spending their time *****ing on a public board.

Oh the irony.
39.png

They dont do **** to support the program, and their lives are made complete by spending their time ****ing on a public board.

I have supported the program financially, buying season tickets and donating for years. That will change this year, in life you have priorities and I cannot continue to focus my time and money watching coach D let teams march up and down the field on us. Call it what you want but I have two little kids now and priorities are different. Call me a bad fan, I've been going to games home and away for over 25 years.

I understand your situation, and you are entitled to your opinions and to decide what you spend your money on. My post was meant for non stop complainers, who add nothing to the board other than "dorito sucks", over and over and over and over again. That gets really old.

Advertisement
Back