Chick will have a better NFL career than Clowney

kendallcanes

Junior
I would like to attribute it to the strength and conditioning at the U, shear athleticism, and skill, but....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...lts-ot-jadeveon-clowney-screwed-after-surgery

Jadeveon Clowney's injured knee will cause him to miss the rest of the season after the rookie underwent microfracture surgery.

A man who has undergone the same type of invasive knee procedure believes the No. 1 overall pick will struggle even when he is able to return.

"He's screwed," Indianapolis Colts right tackle Gosder Cherilus said of Clowney, per The Indianapolis Star. "His game is all about explosion. That's a problem. I'm out there dancing. I'm an offensive lineman. That's a different ballgame. He's screwed. I'm just being honest."

Clowney was drafted in part to beat Cherilus and take down Andrew Luck for future years. Given the tackle's experience, however, he'd be surprised if Clowney returns to the athlete and player he was prior to the injury.

"He has to be fully, fully committed," Cherilus said. "They told me I would be back in 12 months. I fought and came back in nine months. But it wasn't right. It set me back for another six weeks. You are going to deal with stuff for the rest of your career. Period. You're going to have to learn how to deal with it. And you have to be extremely disciplined. You have to do all the little things.

"Man, I'm telling you -- it's hard."

Advertisement
I'm waiting to hear from doodoopahpah before I come to any concrete conclusions on this subject.

Advertisement
OP, how the ***** you gone smoke that Good Sh*t and not Share?

Chick is not a NFL DE.....but he could be a good DT.

Clowney is Freak. He's already showed that Freak at the NFL level....

Puff, Puff Pass, Fool.

This isn't a serious thread.

The comparison between them started at a camp in high school where Chick and Clowney both attended. Chick balled out there. We know what happened in college. Clowney #1 overall and Chick a JAG. I just thought it would be funny if Chick ended up having a better NFL career than Clowney.

Longevity and staying healthy are under-rated attributes.

Puff, Puff Pass, Fool.

He's a prototype 5 technique. Haven't liked him in college but Chick is better suited for the NFL game. He'll be a good 3-4 end

Advertisement
I wouldn't be surprised if Chick had a solid to good NFL career. Some real coaching should do him well. Durability has definitely been a plus here so if he stays healthy, I think he'll have a solid NFL career.

I'd wager Chick won't be a NFL player long unless he gest back down to 260 and plays DE again.

Kid is too heavy and slow.

6/7 round at best.

I would like to attribute it to the strength and conditioning at the U, shear athleticism, and skill, but....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...lts-ot-jadeveon-clowney-screwed-after-surgery

Jadeveon Clowney's injured knee will cause him to miss the rest of the season after the rookie underwent microfracture surgery.

A man who has undergone the same type of invasive knee procedure believes the No. 1 overall pick will struggle even when he is able to return.

"He's screwed," Indianapolis Colts right tackle Gosder Cherilus said of Clowney, per The Indianapolis Star. "His game is all about explosion. That's a problem. I'm out there dancing. I'm an offensive lineman. That's a different ballgame. He's screwed. I'm just being honest."

Clowney was drafted in part to beat Cherilus and take down Andrew Luck for future years. Given the tackle's experience, however, he'd be surprised if Clowney returns to the athlete and player he was prior to the injury.

"He has to be fully, fully committed," Cherilus said. "They told me I would be back in 12 months. I fought and came back in nine months. But it wasn't right. It set me back for another six weeks. You are going to deal with stuff for the rest of your career. Period. You're going to have to learn how to deal with it. And you have to be extremely disciplined. You have to do all the little things.

"Man, I'm telling you -- it's hard."

good thing he got that number 1 overall pay. Wonder what round chick will end up in?

Puff, Puff Pass, Fool.

He's a prototype 5 technique. Haven't liked him in college but Chick is better suited for the NFL game. He'll be a good 3-4 end

Perhaps. I would have preferred to see collegiate production as an under sized tackle playing in an upfield-kickass, penetrating scheme. It's like the comparison between Chick and MWalters. I want UM production. Let the NFL figure it out afterwards.

Advertisement

Puff, Puff Pass, Fool.

I disagree. When has the kid ever been a real threat coming off the end? The answer is never. All of a sudden he's going to outwork NFL tackles. It's not going to happen. However, we have seen chick show initial quickness when lined up at defensive tackle.

Yes, he will need to add a little bit of weight, but he could be serviceable in a 1 gap system.

Chick is leaving here with nothing to show for it except asthma and hyper tension. Thanks, Grolden. He's out to make every player as fat as him. He's like the fat chick that won't eat fries unless everyone else will.

Keep your eyes out for his next Biggest Gainer contestant Chad Thomas. The quest for ******* starts now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
While I think Clowney will never live up to the "freak of the decade" hype that was placed on him..I still think he will have a solid nfl career.

I think Chick will be ok too. He can be the "Chris Myers" of the ProCanes. A guy that was pretty much above average at best here but was steady enough to be an nfl player.

While I think Clowney will never live up to the "freak of the decade" hype that was placed on him..I still think he will have a solid nfl career.

I think Chick will be ok too. He can be the "Chris Myers" of the ProCanes. A guy that was pretty much above average at best here but was steady enough to be an nfl player.

What did he do that was above average?

Advertisement
Back