Check this out

Advertisement
[MENTION=7184]Matt[/MENTION]yports: Artie Burns said he's going to play mostly man this season. Has the speed (legit low-4.4) to do it, for sure.

Hmmmmmmmm

Couple this with Melvin coaching the players about get off and Jenkins saying we scrapping that 2 gap sh*t... I'm excited for the defense especially with the talent we have

I want to be excited but I'm taking a "I'll believe it when I see it" approach.

That's the sane thing to do. I feel a lot are in the same boat. I'm in the wait and see approach, but am expecting a disappointing season that will hopefully end on a high note with Golden getting axed.

Again I ask; Why would a coach who defended his top 15 total defense last year make changes to it?

Again I ask; Why would a coach who defended his top 15 total defense last year make changes to it?

He's not and he doesn't have too.

Last year we had a bunch of overrated stiffs.

For all the hard hits Perryman had he was so overrated I can't even big to tell you. He was invisible in so many game and such a liability in pass coverage. He was beyond awful in pass coverage.

This defense is going to be 2x as good as last year and that's with a bunch of young kids.

The offense will also be better without Duke as well.

You will all see.

He's not and he doesn't have too.

Last year we had a bunch of overrated stiffs.

For all the hard hits Perryman had he was so overrated I can't even big to tell you. He was invisible in so many game and such a liability in pass coverage. He was beyond awful in pass coverage.

This defense is going to be 2x as good as last year and that's with a bunch of young kids.

The offense will also be better without Duke as well.

You will all see.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/192/492/full-******.gif
1341317686546.gif

http://www.manchvegaschoppers.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/******.gif

Last edited:
Advertisement
Go look at Dalvin Cooks last TD run

Denzel literally staring into space, late to Cook, misses tackle

THE COACHING DOE!!

Yeah, the Chargers drafted him because he sucks. By the way, your coaches pet 5'6 100 lb. Fentress did too. GTFO, AL. BBB

Who said he "sucks"

He's severely overrated and will a backup in the NFL/

HOw many times was he invisble in every single game?

TOo many too count.

Last edited:
Advertisement
DP will be a player, he disappeared in games where he was not free to run, he is a sideline to sideline player. I see a solid ten+ yr career hared of him. In case you didn't notice Cook made a lot of guys miss last yr in the open field, kid has elite speed.

Artie has surely been beat on a deep ball, I think it was twice in one game. He did not look back for the ball like he should. However, I think it was his freshman yr. I think our CBs will do just fine in man, especially Artie. Corn and TH3 are more than adequate in man situations

I will not believe anything has changed until I see it for an entire game against a real opponent. We could be up on Nebraska by 20 at the half and Goldie locks will go into his prevent bull**** and blow the game.

I think the change in defense from last year is the difference in the DT's and even the LB's. They are bigger as a group. And we are better at Safety than we have been in a long time, it allows you to be more aggressive when you have a good tackler like Bush,Carter or DC back there. Then you throw in a good CF type like Jenkins or Johnson and I would think it allows you to do things a bit different. Hopefully they are doing what we've been begging for and actually adjusting their scheme.....I suppose we can hope until the first game starts...

This will fix everything!! I'm back in! I just bought season tickets and donated to the Hurricane Club.

Advertisement
We did play a lot of man last year and a lot of press with artie, the problem was playing man with LBs on the slot, im cool with a converted S to LB doing it, but having perryman and mccord doing it **** naw

Bottom Line- Artie is finally trusting the system and becoming process oriented.
I think all the players are buying in to what the coaches are selling. All we can do is wait and see if it actually leads to a good enough improvement in the win-loss record.

Advertisement
If our D-line is allowed to attack the **** out of the QB, our secondary will look all world almost overnight. We have the experience and talent back there, we just need the line to get after the QB and force him into mistakes.

Stupid is what stupid does. I'm sure if you ask Dorito, he'll tell ya the same he has for the past 5 yrs. "expect our defense to be multiple"

Advertisement
Back