Chasing Clemson ESPN

Advertisement
2018 will be the year we win the ACC. 2019 Miami is in the playoffs.

clemson will always have a place in my heart for putting the nail in the coffin of the previous regime and allowing us to get Lord Richt and begin our next dynasty

Advertisement
Lol we've been screaming this same sht for the past decade

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

We have just as good a shot this year as next year in my opinion. Our defense is going to be a nationally elite unit. The rest of the ACC, including Clemson, has lost a lot of talent. It's more open this year IMO

Advertisement

We have just as good a shot this year as next year in my opinion. Our defense is going to be a nationally elite unit. The rest of the ACC, including Clemson, has lost a lot of talent. It's more open this year IMO

QB experience (or lack thereof) will be the difference.

Winning the ACC is the same thing as making the playoffs. Whoever wins the ACC will almost always be guaranteed a playoff spot.

Unless they win their division with 3 losses, then win the ACC title game. So no, it's not even close. You can't just win the ACC, you have to lose one game, or fewer, or pray there are very few 1 loss teams out there and you can sneak in with an 11-2 record.

Advertisement

Winning the ACC is the same thing as making the playoffs. Whoever wins the ACC will almost always be guaranteed a playoff spot.

Unless they win their division with 3 losses, then win the ACC title game. So no, it's not even close. You can't just win the ACC, you have to lose one game, or fewer, or pray there are very few 1 loss teams out there and you can sneak in with an 11-2 record.

Thanks, Sherlock.

I'm not doing my victory dance until I see how the qb situation shakes out.

I understand this stance, but I would also counter that we are about to have a defensive unit that is only going to require us to score about 21 ppg to win. I'll ride with that regardless of QB in this conference.

Advertisement
Really the craziest thing is how much talent the ACC is losing at Qb. I'm willing to bet at least 5 of the top 10 QB drafted will come from ACC schools. And I'm actually willing to bet the top 3 QBs selected all are ACC QBs. Only Mahomes out of Texas Tech is really in that competition.

So just by that I'd say FSU has the biggest advantage of any team in the ACC this yr because they broke in their freshman QB last year and he performed well. But I don't think you can look at our QB situation and look at it as a negative when compared to the rest of the ACC, because we are all in the same situation.

Now this makes us having a top defense all the more important. Last year the one area that I believe we have the most room to grow is takeaways. I don't think our secondary will be as good as they were last year just based on the players we are losing and the fact that the best 3 cbs on the roster right now are 1st yr Canes, but I think that if they can just create more turnovers they will make us a better overall defense. And since the front 7 will be improved, they have a lot helping them out. If we create more turnovers on defense and limit them on offense, we will win the Coastal guaranteed.

Advertisement
Back