Chase Smith Commits

Why not?? A striker is just a box safety... Which is pretty much just a lb that can cover... It's pretty much the perfect position for him with his size and speed. Just use him how Clemson used Simmons.
Correct. A striker is pretty much a true safety. He doesn’t have the speed, and putting him at a position like Striker will only get him exposed. Don’t be fooled by his highlights against those extremely subpar teams. He will have to put on anywhere from 20-30 pounds by the time he gets to UM, and I doubt his speed will increase from there. Keontra Smith is perfect for that role because of his speed, size, twitchy hips, and his willing to tackle.

Advertisement
Well Boys, I just pulled up to her house & Im outside. I forgot the rubbers on purpose. With this commitment she’s definitely getting it raw & Im goin balls deep. If y’all hear someone screaming don’t pay me any attention. It’s just one of ur Cane Brothers laying pipe like a plumber! She said she’s still sore from the other night but IDC. I’m taking one for the team. #GOCANES

Last edited:
It's a 10 sec class

"Give them a bunch of $"

Here is your certificate
Nah, it includes all the creative ways church groups, car dealerships, civic leaders, chamber of commerce types that are available to ease their difficult burdens and ensure a successful college experience.

Last edited:
Awesome news! Great pick up!
1598583565170.png

Advertisement
Correct. A striker is pretty much a true safety. He doesn’t have the speed, and putting him at a position like Striker will only get him exposed. Don’t be fooled by his highlights against those extremely subpar teams. He will have to put on anywhere from 20-30 pounds by the time he gets to UM, and I doubt his speed will increase from there. Keontra Smith is perfect for that role because of his speed, size, twitchy hips, and his willing to tackle.
Yeah I agree with Keontra Smith. Chase does bring a different dynamic with his size tho. I think it's smart for him to learn striker first and then he can move to lb based on how much weight he puts on during his career.

So let me see if I understand this. Guys like Liberty City El, who have actually seen the kid play in person, have great things to say...but a slump-shouldered sad-sack such as yourself, who won't watch video until a kid commits, isn't "blown away" by the film.

I really don't know who to trust in this situation....
right I'm no football guru but the first 5 to 10 plays shows a baller!!! I don't think people realize how tuff it is dominating on both sides of the ball either! This is huge Smith@ sticker Avantae and James at Safety alone is some **** we haven't seen in a long time! now add jus say Huff an Brooks at Backer, Ishmal, Davis, Harvey, Cam will am at DE, 5* star taylor, Hunte, Holley, Miller at DT, this is going to be one of the best canes D in history mark my words! Chase is a huge pick up

Advertisement
High level Athlete, could legitimately play WR or LB at the P5 level.

Is a big 6'3 190lbs 4-star ATH with great explosiveness & lateral quickness. Was a highly productive WR at Bayside, had 50rec 716yds 8TD's on Offense & 72tcks 18TFL's 4INT's & 4 Defensive TD's.

He's going to play OLB/Striker for us, he's physically built & has terrific quick twitch explosion. Comes from great stock as Hurricane legend TE Willie Smith's son & his HC played CB for Manny Diaz at Miss St.

As an LB he actually reminds me of a Corey Lemonier/Emmanuel Lamur type in that he can be both a standup backer or pass rushing disruptive force that lives in the backfield. I think we'll have him playing as Hybrid both rushing the QB & coming up in support in the run game but also dropping back in coverage & covering TE's & RB's out the flat.

He's one of the most naturally gifted & explosive athletes we've recruited in a long time. He'll thrive in our system.

I love his game. If he plays hybrid/OLB for us, I believe he has a 1st Round skill set. We must develop this type of talent. Kid should be a monster.

Advertisement
Advertisement
All I do is give my opinion & call it as I see it, but I never say shìt I don't believe or push any narrative that's not true to what I feel. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, I don't ever tell anyone what they should or should not think. You all have your own eyes & brain & are free to use it as you so please.
Unfortunately, for too many posters, this does not apply.

Yeah - I don’t want Smith chasing slot WRs. Let him truly thrive at OLB.

Advertisement
Back