Chase Smith Commits

Advertisement
I commented on the film because everyone has been enamored with this prospect from the get go. I hadn’t watched his film until today. It didn’t blow me away like I had expectations it would. You motha****as really crack me up on here. If it isnt sunshine and rainbows it’s not allowed
I differ to the folks like LCE, etc. that know their ****. They've been saying this kid is the goods for months. I'll gladly trust their opinions over yours.

High level Athlete, could legitimately play WR or LB at the P5 level.

Is a big 6'3 190lbs 4-star ATH with great explosiveness & lateral quickness. Was a highly productive WR at Bayside, had 50rec 716yds 8TD's on Offense & 72tcks 18TFL's 4INT's & 4 Defensive TD's.

He's going to play OLB/Striker for us, he's physically built & has terrific quick twitch explosion. Comes from great stock as Hurricane legend TE Willie Smith's son & his HC played CB for Manny Diaz at Miss St.

As an LB he actually reminds me of a Corey Lemonier/Emmanuel Lamur type in that he can be both a standup backer or pass rushing disruptive force that lives in the backfield. I think we'll have him playing as Hybrid both rushing the QB & coming up in support in the run game but also dropping back in coverage & covering TE's & RB's out the flat.

He's one of the most naturally gifted & explosive athletes we've recruited in a long time. He'll thrive in our system.
Chase Smith is Willie Smith's son? Wow, i didn't know that. I met Willie several years ago. He's a very cool cat and the definition of a Miami Hurricane with swag!

I commented on the film because everyone has been enamored with this prospect from the get go. I hadn’t watched his film until today. It didn’t blow me away like I had expectations it would. You motha****as really crack me up on here. If it isnt sunshine and rainbows it’s not allowed
you either think everything is the greatest ever or you are branded a hating asshoole. people lack the ability to have a discussion. they only want to see people echo their excitement.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wonderful eval by Diaz and staff. With Rosseau he saw an athletic kid working out as both a safety and WR but just knew the kid was going to grow into a monster one day at DE. I think C. Smith is going to be a beast playing all over the field.

06B72F90-7787-41B7-8FCA-BBFC17F47690.gif
@Liberty City El - A little special shout out, sir!

Advertisement
Advertisement
not speaking for him, but this is great for star whores- highly rated kid for sure. Great cause he is a legacy. Great because he is a great athlete.

the part that is hard to wrap your head around is position because his tape is WR and outside LBer/hybrid DE- projecting him at the next level is tough.

I trust the staff on evals though and the kid is obviously a great athlete.

I am very interested to see what position he actually plays. I think he could be an all american or a JAG or anything in between. should be interesting.
What a coincidence, I also think he could be a JAG, an All American or anything in between.

Come to think of it, I think all our recruits could be a JAG, an All American or anything in between

What a coincidence, I also think he could be a JAG, an All American or anything in between.

Come to think of it, I think all our recruits could be a JAG, an All American or anything in between
I deserve that. The statement I made is stupid when looked at isolated by itself. But if you knew me I usually have a very specific take on where I project a guy and how big an impact they will make. I'm not always right, not even close, but I'm right much more often than I am wrong. This guy has me totally confused. Great athlete. I'm just not sure where he projects.

Advertisement
Back