Chase Smith Commits

Advertisement
I see more Isiah Simmons in him then James Williams.

I'd actually want to see this kid get up to 225lbs as a RS Soph and play him at TE. Kid would bring heat to blocking and guy attacks the ball doesn't wait for it. As an Offensive coach that's where id put him.

As a defensive coach, I can see this guy playing Will, the scheming you can do with that athleticism is awesome.
VS a 3x1 set, you can have the Boundary corner play high and he can cover flats and just sniff the box at a 70 position, and he'd get the edged, but also can take care of the slant/hooks and maybe even fast enough for the WR hitch.

Maybe @Liberty City El and @DMoney, can give me their take on this, if their eyes line up wiht mine.

Favourite part of football is projecting guys and this guys drips with fun as a coach, cause there too many positions he can play haha

Advertisement
Advertisement
ShamefulAcclaimedIndianglassfish-max-1mb.gif

Break it down for us @Liberty City El
High level Athlete, could legitimately play WR or LB at the P5 level.

Is a big 6'3 190lbs 4-star ATH with great explosiveness & lateral quickness. Was a highly productive WR at Bayside, had 50rec 716yds 8TD's on Offense & 72tcks 18TFL's 4INT's & 4 Defensive TD's.

He's going to play OLB/Striker for us, he's physically built & has terrific quick twitch explosion. Comes from great stock as Hurricane legend TE Willie Smith's son & his HC played CB for Manny Diaz at Miss St.

As an LB he actually reminds me of a Corey Lemonier/Emmanuel Lamur type in that he can be both a standup backer or pass rushing disruptive force that lives in the backfield. I think we'll have him playing as Hybrid both rushing the QB & coming up in support in the run game but also dropping back in coverage & covering TE's & RB's out the flat.

He's one of the most naturally gifted & explosive athletes we've recruited in a long time. He'll thrive in our system.

Advertisement
You literally complain in every thread, whether it be on the basketball board or this one. You weren't asking a question, you blatantly aren't a fan of the take based on film
I commented on the film because everyone has been enamored with this prospect from the get go. I hadn’t watched his film until today. It didn’t blow me away like I had expectations it would. You motha****as really crack me up on here. If it isnt sunshine and rainbows it’s not allowed

Advertisement
Well i finally watched the tape now that he committed. WOW. just WOW. This guy could play receiver for us and i would be fine. hes explosive and has ball skills and punishes the ball carrier. and when he gets his hands on the rock he knows what to do with it. And hes a good blitzer. 18 tfls is good for a DE lol. Love this kid

Advertisement
Back