Confirmed Charlie Strong: DONE - LB coach & Co-DC

Advertisement
You are delusional if you think asking if a coach is good, is considered moping. Especially when 15 people have responded and none have provided any reasonable evidence that he is actually good at an LB coach. From the evidence provided, he would have been a great DC hire, maybe even better than Steel. But there is nothing to show he would be a good LB coach.
The fact that you follow recruiting at all in college football and have no idea about Charlie Strong and recruiting is why people are laughing at you

Well, I can’t post it in the thread that got locked, so I guess I’ll just have to put it here.

On the 12th day of Mario,
The head coach gave to me:

A Strong hire to help the ‘backers,
A Ponce for the QBs,
An ace for the DBs,
The Broyles-winning OC,
A Steele from the Terps’ staff,
Lane’s running backs guy,
Eaton to monitor what they’re eatin’
One…Massive…Samoan…
A mustache muscle man,
A tiny Cuban hobbit,
Nesta in the portal,
And McClendon no longer co-OC.
Nice work.

If they are all gone next year, we're in the College Football Playoffs and ******* somebody up.

And when/if they're gone, Mario will replace them with other good coaches.

Why even bother worrying about how long an assistant will be here? With the staff he's put together, and replacing TRob/BMac, I think hiring quality coaches won't be an issue moving forward for Mario

Advertisement
You are delusional if you think asking if a coach is good, is considered moping. Especially when 15 people have responded and none have provided any reasonable evidence that he is actually good at an LB coach. From the evidence provided, he would have been a great DC hire, maybe even better than Steel. But there is nothing to show he would be a good LB coach.
I recently started to get the feeling that you may be a bit out there but you just keep breaking the threshold. You are correct that having this discussion and asking the questions you are asking is not moping. It is downright bizarre.

Say what you want about his HC experience, the guy is one impressive defensive mind. Charlie Strong humiliated Miami at Louisville. It wasn't just Teddy's decimation of us on offense and his strikethrough of the U sign. That defense Strong ran had Golden's head spinning. Lining 6-7 on the LOS and dropping 2-4 of them -- we didn't know which ones. They annihilated our offensive line. We couldn't stop them.

The fact he's accepted a job as our LB coach (gotta be co-DC, no?) says more than anything what a great leader Cristobal is and how Miami has vaulted back into the upper echelons of college football. People worried about him not recruiting, using this as his retirement job? They have no idea what a competitor Strong is. He's not only going to bring in the top talent, he's going to actually develop the players.

Strap on your seatbelts boys, we're in for a heck of a ride.

Last edited:
We went through 20 years of pain. We’re finally getting our reward.
I still can’t quite believe it. Just 4 months ago we were a 2nd tier ACC football program with the Lisp as HC. I still can’t grasp that UM finally woke up with a nuclear football explosion. I imagine I feel so beat down as a Cane fan I’m numb. This from an old Canes fan who when taking a leak in the old OB thought I would fall down from that place swaying. I really hope this new brain trust brings us back to glory. Let’s face it if your a Dolphin and Cane fan the last 20+ years have absolutely sucked. Go Canes! Be nice to fly my U flag again.

Advertisement
Say what you want about his HC experience, the guy is one impressive defensive mind. Charlie Strong humiliated Miami at Louisville. It wasn't just Teddy's decimation of us on offense and his strikethrough of the U sign. That defense Strong ran had Golden's head spinning. Lining 6-7 on the LOS and dropping 2-4 of them -- we didn't know which ones. They annihilated our offensive line. We couldn't stop them.

The fact he's accepted a job as our LB coach (gotta be co-DC, no?) says more than anything what a great leader Cristobal is and how Miami has vaulted back into the upper echelons of college football. People worried about him not recruiting, using this as his retirement job? They have no idea what a competitor Strong is. He's not only going to bring in the top talent, he's going to actually develop the players.

Strap on your seatbelts boys, we're in for a heck of a ride.
Losing to Louisville in the bowl game and home opener ( Strong’s recruits but not his team for the latter) deflated any hope left in Golden

Last edited:
Advertisement
Him spending that year with Saban and then coaching LBs in the nfl last year kind of removed any of my concerns about him being some dinosaur in terms of coaching acumen. Guys like Smith, Wes, TAC, and maybe even Huff should benefit big time

The recruiting resume speaks for itself, the guy will clean up on the trail.

I still can’t quite believe it. Just 4 months ago we were a 2nd tier ACC football program with the Lisp as HC. I still can’t grasp that UM finally woke up with a nuclear football explosion. I imagine I feel so beat down as a Cane fan I’m numb. This from an old Canes fan who when taking a leak in the old OB thought I would fall down from that place swaying. I really hope this new brain trust brings us back to glory. Let’s face it if your a Dolphin and Cane fan the last 20+ years have absolutely sucked. Go Canes! Be nice to fly my U flag again.
I hear you brother but things are changing now that this university and administration have had their "Come to Jesus" moment. We have competent, experienced leadership now and the betas who once had their grimy little mitts on the levers of power have been ***** slapped into literal non existence. Fly that flag my friend. Fly it proud.

Fans of our rivals are in the denial stage about what is going on with Miami football.
They’re in full spin cycle mode.
I was very concerned that Napier might try to get strong. Gators would’ve gone full tilt with inbreeding if that would’ve happened.
But cause it’s us, it just mean that he’s washed up and his best years are behind him.

Advertisement
bob barry jr april GIF
Everybody’s got a price!!!!

LMFAO at comparing Marios recruiting to the other three programs. One of the funniest things I have read in a while.

Read what I said again. I never said he needs a monster HC to be able to recruit well. Just that we have seen numerous times assistant coaches recruiting deficiencies masked by elite HC recruiters.
Bro wtf are you talking about. You’re all over the place. “Remember when Louisville became Miami north?” And you say “yeah but says nothing about LB development.” Ok but doesn’t that show he’s a good recruiter which was the point?

And uh Mario’s 2021 Oregon class was on par with Bama, UGA, etc. 83% blue chip with 23 commits. That’s insane at Oregon.

NFL LB coach you god**** moron.

I don’t even know why anyone here is entertaining this nonsense from rival fanbases lol

Charlie Strong as a LB coach is as flawless of a hire as it gets. He’s one of the most known defensive minds in CFB since literally 2004 or so. And he is now coaching a single unit coming off a stint as the #2 man for an NFL franchise lol

Advertisement
Back