Confirmed Charlie Strong: DONE - LB coach & Co-DC

Advertisement
Really the only negative, and it’s a small one comparatively, is that Harris, Addae, strong, and maybe even Steele will be gone next year.

Happens to bama all the time so shouldn’t be a problem as long as Mario can keep making excellent hires
A good problem to have. Coaches leaving for promotions means they did a good job here. Just gotta keep the cycle going.

felix-the-cat-whistle-walk.gif

Really the only negative, and it’s a small one comparatively, is that Gattis, Addae, strong, and maybe even Steele will be gone next year.

Happens to bama all the time so shouldn’t be a problem as long as Mario can keep making excellent hires
Gattis, yes. Steele I'm not so sure unless Bama comes calling for him as DC. Not sure if he'd want to be HC at this point, unless it's Auburn of course. Addae is going to be a DC but I think we hold onto him for a couple of years. Where is Strong going?

Strong is a **** good hire. He brings attention to detail and discipline, also a solid recruiter. You have a guy that wasn't a bad DC either, so it gives Steele an extra experienced person to bounce things off of. I've said it once on this board and I'll say it again: Charlie screwed himself by taking the Texas job, because he felt he HAD to. I look at his career, and it's obvious the dude can do a ton, and was a solid HC at one point. Hopefully he can rebuild his career at Miami and eventually move back into the top spot at a P5 school.
Dude! Did you know that only one HC has ever made Strong a LB coach and associate head coach? That must be a huge red flag right? I mean because if Strong was any good at coaching LBs then that means that every head coach Strong worked under would have made him Associate Head Coch plus LB coach!

(Sarcasm On!!!!!!)

Advertisement
Well, I can’t post it in the thread that got locked, so I guess I’ll just have to put it here.

On the 12th day of Mario,
The head coach gave to me:

A Strong hire to help the ‘backers,
A Ponce for the QBs,
An ace for the DBs,
The Broyles-winning OC,
A Steele from the Terps’ staff,
Lane’s running backs guy,
Eaton to monitor what they’re eatin’
One…Massive…Samoan…
A mustache muscle man,
A tiny Cuban hobbit,
Nesta in the portal,
And McClendon no longer co-OC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yes the others were. Channing Crowder for example was drafted in 05. Strong became the LB coach in 05. You can be an elite DC and not know how to coach LBs. Manny Diaz is a better DC than an LB coach, that is why I mentioned him. I know about Charlie Strong, I just didn't follow the jags this year, so I don't know how well he was at developing LBs.

I never moved a single goal post. You are the one moving goal posts. "of course he is a good LB coach, did you not see how good of a DC he is?"

Just a couple of posts after saying Strong gets no credit for some stud gator LBs because "he only coached them for a year" you ask whether he developed any Jaguar LBs.....where he only coached for a year......

Advertisement
Really the only negative, and it’s a small one comparatively, is that Gattis, Addae, strong, and maybe even Steele will be gone next year.

If they are all gone next year, we're in the College Football Playoffs and ******* somebody up.

Advertisement
Back