Confirmed Charlie Strong: DONE - LB coach & Co-DC

Who the fvk is doing all fo this to CIS??? Man, fvk this. I am out!!!!
Snoop Dogg Reaction GIF

Advertisement
I think the answers provided have answered that question. He came to UF in 05 and inherited Siler (7th round pick), but the main group he’s known for were signed by him and Urban

Siler - inherited for 2 years, was second team all conference under Strong; drafted 7th round
Signed Cunningham (4 star, 85th overall), was 2nd team all-SEC in 09 and drafted 52nd overall in 2010
Signed Spikes (4 star, 33 overall), was 2X AA, 3X All SEC, Butkus (2x), Bednarik (2x) and Lombardi finalist while at UF; drafted 62nd overall in 2010
Signed McCray (4 star, 100th overall) who has had a 9 year career in the NFL
Signed Jenkins (5 star, 7th overall) and the one year he had him he was redshirted. Turned into a 4th round pick.

So in 5 years as DC/LB coach he inherited one that became all conference and a draft pick, 3 that he signed turned into NFL players - 2 of those 3 were all conference and all American caliber - and one he signed he had for one year that ended up being an NFL draft pick

This one isn’t hard. If you don’t see that he can evaluate, procure, and develop LB talent based on the guys he put out at UF then you don’t want to see it. What data points are missing? Or is this just the schtick overwhelming you?
What kind of shtick are you talking about? I asked a very simple question. That should have been easily answered since everyone is calling him a grand slam hire. As I said before, recruiting for UF when Urban was the HC was not a very difficult thing to do. He clearly recruited well under Meyer. I want to know if he was able to develop. For example, Ponce developed his QBs very well at App state and they never looked as good after he left. That is a clear example of being a good QB coach.

I cannot believe some of you spent 5 minutes reading GatorHater’s concern trolling let alone 5 pages responding to him.
If it was a troll, someone could have came in and easily shut it down with some actual facts. the fact that after 5 pages no one was able to do that, shows my concern is not just a troll.

If it was a troll, someone could have came in and easily shut it down with some actual facts. the fact that after 5 pages no one was able to do that, shows my concern is not just a troll.
I’m glad you found your voice again after I pulled the sun out of orbit and dropped it on your face.

Advertisement
The DC stuff really doesn't matter, when it comes down to if he can coach LBs. Even poor recruiters can land the best class in the Big 12 when you are at Texas. However, it seems he is known as a good recruiter so that is a good sign.
The DC stuff really doesn't matter, when it comes down to if he can coach LBs. Even poor recruiters can land the best class in the Big 12 when you are at Texas. However, it seems he is known as a good recruiter so that is a good sign.
he recruited Teddy to Louisville too.
If that is really what he is known for, that is a good sign.
He got Devonta Davis and Devonaire Clarington to UT, big UM targets.

Keith Brown and Michaelee Harris to UL. Big SoFla guys.

Jelani Jenkins (5 star), Jon Bostic and tons of 4 star LBs at UF.

Also at UL and UT, the bigger players are accredited to him because that’s just how it goes in CFB.

He’s legit.

he recruited Teddy to Louisville too.

He got Devonta Davis and Devonaire Clarington to UT, big UM targets.

Keith Brown and Michaelee Harris to UL. Big SoFla guys.

Jelani Jenkins (5 star), Jon Bostic and tons of 4 star LBs at UF.

Also at UL and UT, the bigger players are accredited to him because that’s just how it goes in CFB.

He’s legit.
Thank you.

Advertisement
Half those guys were only coached by him for 1 year. I am not reaching. I just wanted clarity. I didn't see anyone in here talking about how great he was as an LB coach in the past. Everyone was just saying "he was a great DC" or "he was a HC so he is a grand slam" etc. That didn't make me very confident in the hire. So I figured, if I just ask about his LB coaching career, since everyone thinks hes great, I will surely get a ton of great responses. Instead of I got 0 great responses. People calling me a mope. And people doubling down on "he was a good DC". I am even less impressed with the hire than when I first entered the thread. But its ok. I doubt an LB coach was going to make or break this team, so I hope he is great, but if he isn't I don't think it will hurt us to badly.
He had Spikes, Cunningham and Siler for all years. First two were first and second rounders. Siler and Spikes where Butkus finalists.

He got Jenkins, Bostic and the others to sign with UF so that’s great recruiting.

We’re good here.

Strong literally checks off every box that cis mopes have been asking for.

Has he called plays? Check
Has he been a coordinator at a major program? Check
Has he coached in the nfl? Check
Can he recruit? Check
Has he coached players that made the league? Check
Is he respected by other coaches and programs? Check
Does he have south Florida ties? Check
Not an up and comer that nobody knows? Check

Imagine the difference of having strong come and talk to you during practice as opposed to patke or Manny.

But in true cis fashion someone will find a reason to complain.

Advertisement
Is he a good recruiter?
Good lord bro. It must he exhausting being so negative. a year ago we would've loved strong to be our DC, and we get him as a LBs coach? That's a amazing move. We have a staff where if somebody moves on we can promote within. I mean Charlie Strong is a solid DC as well.. Remember these days the players make the coaches the money. we gotta have the horses and this staff will certainly recruit

He coached for Texas and under Urban Meyer and Spurrier. Even Rumph could have looked like an Ace recruiter in those scenarios. I am not saying he can't recruit, I am just asking if he was known as a good recruiter.
He got Teddy and other local kids we wanted to leave Miami and go to Louisville. Maybe we weren't great at the time, but he pulled some legit kids to whatever state Louisville is in.

Good lord bro. It must he exhausting being so negative. a year ago we would've loved strong to be our DC, and we get him as a LBs coach? That's a amazing move. We have a staff where if somebody moves on we can promote within. I mean Charlie Strong is a solid DC as well.. Remember these days the players make the coaches the money. we gotta have the horses and this staff will certainly recruit
I wouldn't be mad at Charlie as our DC.

Advertisement
**** i would have been happy with him as our DC this year

Mario clearly made a mistake. Mario’s taking too long. Are we sure that Mario knows what he’s doing. I can’t believe that Mario missed on that guy. Where is Mario. Why is he taking so long. We hired the wrong guy. At this point we’re just going to get leftovers. How in the world are we going to land a good recruiting class without coaches in place.

Oh wait.

Shut up. Shut the **** up and go back into the womb until your ********s drop.
Oh no, not the "********s"

I love the smark ****nole fans.

Funny, I have a bunch smark ****nole friends. They wear no farfetched and gold glasses. It's like all my ****nole friends took the @Dwinstitles realism 101 class. I can tolerate tf put of them. They hit me up in the messenger and was like yo.... wtf Mario doing down there.... we legit ****ed for the next 5 to 10.
See those r the fans u can speak to and have a fun conversation about football with. Some u can't cause they so stuck in their fandom. I hate when u talk football with a random in the workplace or outside and everything about your team sucks to them. I remember at my workplace back in the day....this die hard UNC fan from UNC was visiting jersey. I was talking about the NBA draft and this dude legit said Tyler hansbrough was better than Blake Griffin....I said I guarantee Griffin goes one and Hansbrough flops. This was when the cbb season was like 14 games in. I never saw the dude again but he was fuqin nuts. I was like bruh UNC and duke traded places Duke sends better players than UNC to the NBA now. He wasn't trying to hear nada. I'm like he must of felt real stupid during the NBA draft.....he will probably blame NBA coaching for Tyler's flop like our fans blame NFL coaches for jags not reaching the pro bowl levels they think.

The point was, that you said something along the lines of. "he was associate head coach numerous times so he was obviously highly respected". Only 1 guy made him an associate HC and a LB coach.

Its not an exercise. I am wondering why everyone thinks he is an excellent hire. If he is an excellent hire I would enjoy it. I just would like some actual evidence to why he was good. Not "he was a HC and DC numerous times before so he must be good"
2 guys made him Associate hc. Who cares if LB was attached to that? Because its a great hire an amazing hire and that's all there is to it.

Advertisement
Back