Confirmed Charlie Strong: DONE - LB coach & Co-DC

Jelanie Jenkins was coached for a year, the others were not. That’s a list from 03-09 as linebackers coach. You’re the only one who doubts that an elite dc who has had multiple top defenses at different schools at that wouldn’t be able to coach a position. You even tried to use Manny as an example. I’m not quite sure how someone who follows cfb doesn’t know anything about Charlie Strong, the only ones who think it’s a bad hire is delusional fsu and uf fans. You get provided proof yet continue to say no evidence. Keep moving goal posts guy or just change your screen name
Yes the others were. Channing Crowder for example was drafted in 05. Strong became the LB coach in 05. You can be an elite DC and not know how to coach LBs. Manny Diaz is a better DC than an LB coach, that is why I mentioned him. I know about Charlie Strong, I just didn't follow the jags this year, so I don't know how well he was at developing LBs.

I never moved a single goal post. You are the one moving goal posts. "of course he is a good LB coach, did you not see how good of a DC he is?"

Advertisement
Guys, stop feeding the troll, please.

Thank you,

-Assistant Intern to the VP of Extermination
What did @No_Fly_Zone tell you?

"or even vaguely hint that you are referring to the other,"

Advertisement
Yes the others were. Channing Crowder for example was drafted in 05. Strong became the LB coach in 05. You can be an elite DC and not know how to coach LBs. Manny Diaz is a better DC than an LB coach, that is why I mentioned him. I know about Charlie Strong, I just didn't follow the jags this year, so I don't know how well he was at developing LBs.

I never moved a single goal post. You are the one moving goal posts. "of course he is a good LB coach, did you not see how good of a DC he is?"
So DC don’t dabble in other positions? Lmao. Just focus on one position? 😂. We can use the Channing crowder argument so that’s two players. Still zero acknowledgment to the two players that were up for the best linebacker award. You had another poster even mention linebackers as the bright spot for the jags this year yet you still said zero evidence. That’s not moving goal posts, it’s common sense. Look at his run defenses, it tells you that his linebackers are well coached regardless of who goes on to the nfl or not.

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Excited The Goldbergs GIF by HULU

Advertisement
So DC don’t dabble in other positions? Lmao. Just focus on one position? 😂. We can use the Channing crowder argument so that’s two players. Still zero acknowledgment to the two players that were up for the best linebacker award. You had another poster even mention linebackers as the bright spot for the jags this year yet you still said zero evidence. That’s not moving goal posts, it’s common sense. Look at his run defenses, it tells you that his linebackers are well coached regardless of who goes on to the nfl or not.
I never said they didn't, but if he hired great LB coaches, that would explain why LBs under him were good when he was the DC. I am not going to scroll back up, but there was more than 2 just players you mentioned that only were coached by him for 1 year.

yes the poster said that, after I said there was no evidence. and I just asked him a simple question. If he replies to my question, that those LBs took a step forward this season, than I would think Strong may actually be a good LB coach. The fact that it took 50 posts from 15 different posters to say that, shows the people calling me a mope don't know schit about Strong.

What did @No_Fly_Zone tell you?

"or even vaguely hint that you are referring to the other,"

Hey, aren't you not supposed to reply to my posts per the mods?

And I was talking about the troll. I didn't reply to your post, I didn't reply to a post that was replying to you, I didn't tag you, mention you, or even "vaguely hint" about who I was referring to, did I?

But unsurprisingly you just outed yourself I guess. If you think the shoe fits you, then maybe you should take that to heart, look in the mirror and decide if a troll is who you want to be in life.

Go Canes!

Advertisement
Advertisement
How well he develops his players.
I think the answers provided have answered that question. He came to UF in 05 and inherited Siler (7th round pick), but the main group he’s known for were signed by him and Urban

Siler - inherited for 2 years, was second team all conference under Strong; drafted 7th round
Signed Cunningham (4 star, 85th overall), was 2nd team all-SEC in 09 and drafted 52nd overall in 2010
Signed Spikes (4 star, 33 overall), was 2X AA, 3X All SEC, Butkus (2x), Bednarik (2x) and Lombardi finalist while at UF; drafted 62nd overall in 2010
Signed McCray (4 star, 100th overall) who has had a 9 year career in the NFL
Signed Jenkins (5 star, 7th overall) and the one year he had him he was redshirted. Turned into a 4th round pick.

So in 5 years as DC/LB coach he inherited one that became all conference and a draft pick, 3 that he signed turned into NFL players - 2 of those 3 were all conference and all American caliber - and one he signed he had for one year that ended up being an NFL draft pick

This one isn’t hard. If you don’t see that he can evaluate, procure, and develop LB talent based on the guys he put out at UF then you don’t want to see it. What data points are missing? Or is this just the schtick overwhelming you?

Advertisement
Back