Confirmed Charlie Strong: DONE - LB coach & Co-DC

Advertisement
Lucky us that we have Cristobal, a monster recruiter as a HC.

By applying your logic Strong will have no problem recruiting at Miami, as he needs a “monster HC recruiter” to succeed in that area
Strong will do just fine.
He has a powerhouse Coach.
Program that is positioning for Conference leadership in the ACC.
Money in the program.
Great recruiting state.
Knowledge based on his resume and experience.
And the crem de la crem.....the greatest fans in College football supporting him and the program....
Canes are ready to roll.

Strong will do just fine.
He has a powerhouse Coach.
Program that is positioning for Conference leadership in the ACC.
Money in the program.
Great recruiting state.
Knowledge based on his resume and experience.
And the crem de la crem.....the greatest fans in College football supporting him and the program....
Canes are ready to roll.
Without a doubt... i was just enjoying the banter with our resident mope

Without a doubt... i was just enjoying the banter with our resident mope
You are delusional if you think asking if a coach is good, is considered moping. Especially when 15 people have responded and none have provided any reasonable evidence that he is actually good at an LB coach. From the evidence provided, he would have been a great DC hire, maybe even better than Steel. But there is nothing to show he would be a good LB coach.

Funny story. My boy was recruited and played under Strong at UF. He thought Strong was a square because the way he conducts himself. Didn’t really to him come off as a brother so to speak. First day of practice he over ran a play and Charlie grabbed him by his pads and said “if you ever do that sh** again I will knock your pu**y *** out”. Said it was straight respect after that.

Advertisement
You are delusional if you think asking if a coach is good, is considered moping. Especially when 15 people have responded and none have provided any reasonable evidence that he is actually good at an LB coach. From the evidence provided, he would have been a great DC hire, maybe even better than Steel. But there is nothing to show he would be a good LB coach.
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Channing Crowder, Billy Latsko, Brandon Siler, Brandon Spikes, Lerentee McCray, and Jelanie Jenkins all played linebacker for him as LB coach then went on to play in the NFL. You are severely reaching in this thread. Siler and Spikes were both up for the Butkus award.

Advertisement
Channing Crowder, Billy Latsko, Brandon Siler, Brandon Spikes, Lerentee McCray, and Jelanie Jenkins all played linebacker for him as LB coach then went on to play in the NFL. You are severely reaching in this thread. Siler and Spikes were both up for the Butkus award.
Half those guys were only coached by him for 1 year. I am not reaching. I just wanted clarity. I didn't see anyone in here talking about how great he was as an LB coach in the past. Everyone was just saying "he was a great DC" or "he was a HC so he is a grand slam" etc. That didn't make me very confident in the hire. So I figured, if I just ask about his LB coaching career, since everyone thinks hes great, I will surely get a ton of great responses. Instead of I got 0 great responses. People calling me a mope. And people doubling down on "he was a good DC". I am even less impressed with the hire than when I first entered the thread. But its ok. I doubt an LB coach was going to make or break this team, so I hope he is great, but if he isn't I don't think it will hurt us to badly.

Funny story. My boy was recruited and played under Strong at UF. He thought Strong was a square because the way he conducts himself. Didn’t really to him come off as a brother so to speak. First day of practice he over ran a play and Charlie grabbed him by his pads and said “if you ever do that sh** again I will knock your pu**y *** out”. Said it was straight respect after that.
Your boy was like

Half those guys were only coached by him for 1 year. I am not reaching. I just wanted clarity. I didn't see anyone in here talking about how great he was as an LB coach in the past. Everyone was just saying "he was a great DC" or "he was a HC so he is a grand slam" etc. That didn't make me very confident in the hire. So I figured, if I just ask about his LB coaching career, since everyone thinks hes great, I will surely get a ton of great responses. Instead of I got 0 great responses. People calling me a mope. And people doubling down on "he was a good DC". I am even less impressed with the hire than when I first entered the thread. But its ok. I doubt an LB coach was going to make or break this team, so I hope he is great, but if he isn't I don't think it will hurt us to badly.
How do you judge a good position coach? What is your criteria?

Advertisement
Jelanie Jenkins was coached for a year, the others were not. That’s a list from 03-09 as linebackers coach. You’re the only one who doubts that an elite dc who has had multiple top defenses at different schools at that wouldn’t be able to coach a position. You even tried to use Manny as an example. I’m not quite sure how someone who follows cfb doesn’t know anything about Charlie Strong, the only ones who think it’s a bad hire is delusional fsu and uf fans. You get provided proof yet continue to say no evidence. Keep moving goal posts guy or just change your screen name

Advertisement
Some guys just aren’t good HCs. He’s probably got one more good job left in him so we’re gonna get his best work here imo, before he moves to a bigger job.
Agree. Unsure of your opinion on Strong as a HC.

Either way, he has three really strong seasons as a HC that he should proud of and will be an advantage for Miami.

Last edited:
Me: what’s
I also know a somebody that played for Strong. He had crazy respect for him and would defend him no matter what.

Advertisement
Back