Confirmed Charlie Strong: DONE - LB coach & Co-DC

So a poorly coached squad who won 7 games and lost 3 games on the last series only sees a one game improvement as its floor?

Bull****. This is a professional staff across the board. To think we are sitting still in the portal is ridiculous.

I don't want to be overly optimistic but every projection to date since Cristobal then the Rad hiring has been alarmist and dead wrong.

Everybody is looking backwards and not forward.
I said 8-10.

Advertisement
this-real.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
What does it matter that he was only associate HC in addition to lb coach under Meyer? Why is that so important? He was associate hc and dt coach under Spurrier. What is the point of this entire exercise anyway? We just made a an excellent hire. Enjoy it.
The point was, that you said something along the lines of. "he was associate head coach numerous times so he was obviously highly respected". Only 1 guy made him an associate HC and a LB coach.

Its not an exercise. I am wondering why everyone thinks he is an excellent hire. If he is an excellent hire I would enjoy it. I just would like some actual evidence to why he was good. Not "he was a HC and DC numerous times before so he must be good"

Advertisement
Did Diaz accomplish anything meaningful as DC? Did Diaz accomplish anything meaningful as a HC?

Now, ask yourself those same questions about Strong, do the research (that's already been provided on thus thread btw),....and you'll have answered your own question
He as a more sucesfull DC than Manny. That doesn't mean he is a good LB coach though. No one in this thread has answered my question, if he was a good LB coach or not.

The point was, that you said something along the lines of. "he was associate head coach numerous times so he was obviously highly respected". Only 1 guy made him an associate HC and a LB coach.

Its not an exercise. I am wondering why everyone thinks he is an excellent hire. If he is an excellent hire I would enjoy it. I just would like some actual evidence to why he was good. Not "he was a HC and DC numerous times before so he must be good"
Here’s his recruiting prowess - multiple five star LBs and NFL LBs to his credit
Multiple big time south Florida players overall to his credit

As a DC:

When Strong was running the defense at Florida from 2003-09, the Gators gave up an average of 17.6 points per game and from 2006-2009, gave up less than two touchdowns per game in three of four seasons.
Strong's defenses finished among the top-10 in the NCAA in total defense four times in seven years and among the top-10 in scoring defense three times. Florida led the NCAA with 81 turnovers during a five-year period from 2005-09 and led the SEC in turnovers three times.
The Gators also averaged more than 31 sacks per season under Strong. He produced 11 first-team All-SEC defensive players and four consensus All-Americans, Keiwan Ratliff, Reggie Nelson, Joe Haden and Brandon Spikes.
Nelson, Derrick Harvey and Jarvis Moss were first-round NFL draft picks who played for Strong.

Advertisement
Here’s his recruiting prowess - multiple five star LBs and NFL LBs to his credit
Multiple big time south Florida players overall to his credit

As a DC:

When Strong was running the defense at Florida from 2003-09, the Gators gave up an average of 17.6 points per game and from 2006-2009, gave up less than two touchdowns per game in three of four seasons.
Strong's defenses finished among the top-10 in the NCAA in total defense four times in seven years and among the top-10 in scoring defense three times. Florida led the NCAA with 81 turnovers during a five-year period from 2005-09 and led the SEC in turnovers three times.
The Gators also averaged more than 31 sacks per season under Strong. He produced 11 first-team All-SEC defensive players and four consensus All-Americans, Keiwan Ratliff, Reggie Nelson, Joe Haden and Brandon Spikes.
Nelson, Derrick Harvey and Jarvis Moss were first-round NFL draft picks who played for Strong.

The DC stuff really doesn't matter, when it comes down to if he can coach LBs. Even poor recruiters can land the best class in the Big 12 when you are at Texas. However, it seems he is known as a good recruiter so that is a good sign.

The DC stuff really doesn't matter, when it comes down to if he can coach LBs. Even poor recruiters can land the best class in the Big 12 when you are at Texas. However, it seems he is known as a good recruiter so that is a good sign.
Directly responsible/connected for the following LBs while LB coach at UF:

Channing Crowder
Jon Bostic
Brandon Siler
Brandon Spikes
Jelani Jenkins
Jermaine Cunningham

Advertisement
Back