Confirmed Charlie Strong: DONE - LB coach & Co-DC

Hopefully Mario can turn his staff into a rehabilitation program. If he can we will always get established coaches. Seems like he learned this from someone.

It’s a double edged sword to hire a great staff. If things go well, it’s a spring board for all these coaches. Hopefully there are some that can stay 2-3 years to offset the ones that bounce after 1 year. I can see a lot of these guys jumping after 1 year - hope I’m wrong and he can keep some level of continuity on staff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
What does it matter that he was only associate HC in addition to lb coach under Meyer? Why is that so important? He was associate hc and dt coach under Spurrier. What is the point of this entire exercise anyway? We just made a an excellent hire. Enjoy it.
Exactly. He's trying so hard to find an angle to use so he can complain.

FL9uPfaX0AYrQDM

Advertisement
8-10 wins is the target barring major injuries.
So a poorly coached squad who won 7 games and lost 3 games on the last series only sees a one game improvement as its floor?

Bull****. This is a professional staff across the board. To think we are sitting still in the portal is ridiculous.

I don't want to be overly optimistic but every projection to date since Cristobal then the Rad hiring has been alarmist and dead wrong.

Everybody is looking backwards and not forward.

I’ve seen Garners name a lot, any other names to know to finish out the staff?

Advertisement
He likely rushed into the USF job but that is the world of CFB. Didn’t do well there. Doubt it much effect on him as a LB coach. Cronkite redshirted the year they won 10 games

Advertisement
It’s a double edged sword to hire a great staff. If things go well, it’s a spring board for all these coaches. Hopefully there are some that can stay 2-3 years to offset the ones that bounce after 1 year. I can see a lot of these guys jumping after 1 year - hope I’m wrong and he can keep some level of continuity on staff.
Which is why I hope Mario stays with this route and has success. It’s inevitable to have your staff purged if you win. Bringing in coaches with successful backgrounds can make turnover a little bit easier.

This with the possible Highsmith hire, Mario isn't ******* around.

If Strong coaches LB, who rounds out the staff?
I think Jesus Christ is joining next tbh because that’s all I keep saying.

or my god

He likely rushed into the USF job but that is the world of CFB. Didn’t do well there. Doubt it much effect on him as a LB coach. Cronkite redshirted the year they won 10 games
Some guys just aren’t good HCs. He’s probably got one more good job left in him so we’re gonna get his best work here imo, before he moves to a bigger job.

Advertisement
Back