Confirmed Charlie Strong: DONE - LB coach & Co-DC

Ice Cube Movie GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
We finally have the financial commitment from the program to compete on a serious level...

And a Coach who’s willing to exhaust all options to ensure that we have the best chance to win.

Basically, we don’t have a glorified CVS manager for an AD anymore, nor do we have a HC who’s in over their heads anymore... We got real professionals running sh*t now.
Blake was more like Asst. Manager at Sams Club.

Advertisement
Man...I've been waiting in a thunderstorm for a long time. 17 years of pain.

And now finally, maybe, we are FINALLY going to drive out of the storm this program has been in for so long.

My stepfather and I have been calling each other every day, and for the first time in a long time, I've heard excitement in his voice.

"So <stepdad>, how far do you think we go this year?"

Stepdad: <deadpan> "Why TerragonSix, we win the national championship. You don't think we won't?"

I'm no longer cautiously optimistic. We are putting legit coaches that can recruit in the pantry.

Now we gotta coach those young guys up.

Can you dig it?

Can you dig it?

CAN..YOUUUU DIGGGG ITTTTTT????

Advertisement
Advertisement
The following is an excerpt from a BR article written about Strong after he got the Texas HC gig:

Between 2005 and 2009 as Florida's defensive coordinator, Strong fielded units that allowed 95.1 rushing yards per game, good for first in the SEC and sixth in the FBS. During that same span, the Gators allowed 289.7 yards per game, ranking fifth in the FBS.

Florida's 2009 defense ranked in the top 10 nationally in pass defense (2nd), total defense (4th), scoring defense (4th) and pass efficiency defense (6th), per Gatorzone.com.

In his four years at Louisville, Strong never had a defense ranked outside of the top 25 in total yards allowed, finishing 18th, 23rd, 23rd and first between 2010 and 2013.

And we have him as a LBs coach…speechless. When Mario said this was only the beginning at his introductory press conference, he MEANT that shįt!

Things are different now folks, Miami means business. And when we mean business, we win titles. It’s that simple. I’m all in on Mario and his vision, and y’all should be too.

Advertisement
Back