Characteristics of the new coach

Loafers

Sophomore
Purgatory
What qualities and characteristics of the next coach are you looking for? Offensive? defensive? Prior HC experience? Players coach? Hard ***?

Advertisement
Tactical innovation and a philosophy of aggression. Someone with a football mind and not just a recruiter.

I don't want an up-and-commer, I don't want an existing coordinator with a high ceeling, I don't want anyone that might be great. I want someone who has been a head coach before, someone that knows South Florida and will be a CEO. Someone like Chud, Schiano, Davis or Pagano. A proven record, I'm Ok with say a failure in the NFL such as Schiano, but did great in a past life in top tiered college, but knows talent and speed!

Advertisement
I personally prefer defensive-minded coaches. Defense wins championships.

With that being said, an ideal candidate would have a philosophy which is highly aggressive on offense, defense and special teams.

A defensive-minded coach who can get a quality mind to run the offense and someone else to lead special teams - you know, someone who actually goes for blocks on punts and kicks - unlike the pacifist who was just canned.

Butch Davis is a defensive-minded coach. His special teams would be solid, too. The big question mark (if he were hired) would be the person running the offense. Hopefully we'd open up the playbook a bit. But even if it were fairly vanilla as before, we'd have big-time players at every position.

This is what I'd like. However, there are other good names who could deliver championships....I just don't know who they are....

What qualities and characteristics of the next coach are you looking for? Offensive? defensive? Prior HC experience? Players coach? Hard ***?

Advertisement
razors-edge-pitbull-dogs-kennels.jpg

Gotta have that DOG in him

Tactical innovation and a philosophy of aggression. Someone with a football mind and not just a recruiter.
This. No more coaches that need a great this or that to be great. I want a great football mind. Doesn't matter where he comes from just bring him in. I also want a coach that gets our offense into the 21st century.

A proven winner, period. Has to have won big games. No more experiments. No chud, christobal, or stoops. Winners only. You won't get a Saban or Meyer or Patterson but you can get that next tier of respected, good coaches: Petersen, Mora, Herman, Fuente, Campbell, etc. Butch is intriguing but Ariz says that he is not an option and after today, I have learned not to doubt the God King UniBrow.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back