Chantz Williams

Advertisement
Excellent point.

The 2 players we've had from Oakleaf (Shaq and Owens) and the 2 coming all seem to have the mentality needed to be successful.

Looking forward to Rivers and Williams getting here.

And looking forward to who Oakleaf has next for us in future classes.

And immature. Chantz seems to be focused at 17/18 like a 3rd year junior going into his “money season” for the NFL. Take that all day.

Advertisement
Agree with this.

My initial doubts on Chantz were due to him not being purely strong & at the opening it showed he doesn't have natural strength you'd like & was basically just a great athlete/speed rusher. If he commits here I think he'd be a redshirt candidate in order to build up more muscle & learn better technique as a weak side rusher.

The reason why I had Quentin ahead of him was because he's a day 1 ready kid, especially if he's an EE, he's a more natural rusher & understands how to engage & shed blockers at a more advanced level than Chantz at their current stages of development in HS.

The fact we could get both is great, along with Roberts, Height & Moise is a great DLine haul. I still hope we let Roberts play some DE, I know he would make a great 3-tech DT but I think he could excel as a Strong Side End in our Defense too. We have quite a few DT's that will be vying for those 2 spots on the interior, Roberts sees the field much faster at SDE than at DT imo.
What if Chantz EE? That should help him get ready for the season faster like Rousseau and Harvey.

Excellent point.

The 2 players we've had from Oakleaf (Shaq and Owens) and the 2 coming all seem to have the mentality needed to be successful.

Want the DB from Duval, Robinson.

Excellent point.

Rivers reminds me of DJ Fluker. Massive base and freakish power when he strikes. His lower body is slow twitch but he's very efficient with his steps and seems to understand leverage in pass pro. He's either well coached or just a very naturally skilled lineman. He should be able to play RT in college but in the pros he'll be a guard.

Oakleaf is clearly a well run program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back