Chantz Williams

What’s the scoop?

Advertisement
What did it say yesterday? I didn’t look through This whole thread cause it got off track there for a minute.
its the same old from the opening he didnt feel he gave miami a chance he feels the change in the program, he doesnt care anymore about 3-4 vs 4-3 hes a football player and will play wherever jalen rivers being here is only an advantage to miami, texas a&m miami lsu Ufag uga is who he is choosing from, its down to 2 of those in his heart

Advertisement
The way we are recruiting defensive ends we have the luxury to be able to redshirt chantz and height. Williams from North Carolina will play because it seems he is pretty ready. Roberts will start as an end and can play early too. So we redshirt the two freaks and let them get settled technique wise

its the same old from the opening he didnt feel he gave miami a chance he feels the change in the program, he doesnt care anymore about 3-4 vs 4-3 hes a football player and will play wherever jalen rivers being here is only an advantage to miami, texas a&m miami lsu Ufag uga is who he is choosing from, its down to 2 of those in his heart
Not the same article

The way we are recruiting defensive ends we have the luxury to be able to redshirt chantz and height. Williams from North Carolina will play because it seems he is pretty ready. Roberts will start as an end and can play early too. So we redshirt the two freaks and let them get settled technique wise
Agree with this.

My initial doubts on Chantz were due to him not being purely strong & at the opening it showed he doesn't have natural strength you'd like & was basically just a great athlete/speed rusher. If he commits here I think he'd be a redshirt candidate in order to build up more muscle & learn better technique as a weak side rusher.

The reason why I had Quentin ahead of him was because he's a day 1 ready kid, especially if he's an EE, he's a more natural rusher & understands how to engage & shed blockers at a more advanced level than Chantz at their current stages of development in HS.

The fact we could get both is great, along with Roberts, Height & Moise is a great DLine haul. I still hope we let Roberts play some DE, I know he would make a great 3-tech DT but I think he could excel as a Strong Side End in our Defense too. We have quite a few DT's that will be vying for those 2 spots on the interior, Roberts sees the field much faster at SDE than at DT imo.

Advertisement
Folks, Chantz is physically ready to play as a freshman if needed. If you notice at the Opening, the big reason he struggled at times was because he doesn't use his hands. In high school he's just so much faster w/a better burst he succeeds.

Against elite prospects he can't just do that every time. But with his massive arm length it will be an easy adjustment for any competent DL coach in college to teach him. He'll be quickly taught to be aggressive with a a quick first strike to an OT w/his hands and then go.

Advertisement
Agree with this.

My initial doubts on Chantz were due to him not being purely strong & at the opening it showed he doesn't have natural strength you'd like & was basically just a great athlete/speed rusher. If he commits here I think he'd be a redshirt candidate in order to build up more muscle & learn better technique as a weak side rusher.

The reason why I had Quentin ahead of him was because he's a day 1 ready kid, especially if he's an EE, he's a more natural rusher & understands how to engage & shed blockers at a more advanced level than Chantz at their current stages of development in HS.

The fact we could get both is great, along with Roberts, Height & Moise is a great DLine haul. I still hope we let Roberts play some DE, I know he would make a great 3-tech DT but I think he could excel as a Strong Side End in our Defense too. We have quite a few DT's that will be vying for those 2 spots on the interior, Roberts sees the field much faster at SDE than at DT imo.

You not expecting Riggins or just not high on him?

Advertisement
Agree with this.

A few things that people forget is that these kids are juniors. Their bodies are still developing. He's nearly 1 5 years away from taking his 1st game snaps. He is 240 now and could easily be 260 by game 1 2020

If he enrolls early, then that would be another factor into early playing time.

I don't think he redshirts. I think he will get defensive snaps and will be a nightmare on special teams. Even without defensive snaps, he will play special teams. You can't keep an athlete like Chantz on the bench.

Last edited:
Yeah I think he could play special teams right now for Miami. Right now he's at his best just chasing the ball with his explosion and agility. I don't think he would factor into early defensive snaps because he's so raw with his skills and techniques as a lineman. But by year 3 he could be a Chandler Jones type.

Advertisement
Back