Chantz Williams and Jalen Rivers final 5

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
And people will I’m sure say he’s not a left tackle, so what let him work at right tackle and see how he does. He has the length and body type to excel there

Majority of folks had ND as a tackle until he actually played there. Nobody knows until Rivers faces d1 de’s.

Recruit him at tackle and let him prove he can or can’t play it, then slide him inside.

I have a question that might be dumb but whatever. I know guards generally have a hard time moving outside but do tackles have the same issues moving inside?

Advertisement
I have a question that might be dumb but whatever. I know guards generally have a hard time moving outside but do tackles have the same issues moving inside?

It’s a good question bro. I think moving outside TO inside is easier for a tackle than moving from inside to outside for a guard. A guard has more help if he gets beat (help from OT and C). A guard does need to have quick reaction time because DTs get on you quicker than edge rushers would a tackle. A guard would have a real tough time on the edge because DEs are taller than DTs and therefore have longer arms. A guard generally does not have long arms or quick feet to match up with an edge rusher.

The move inside may be tough for a tackle because in the trenches, pad level matters more than foot speed. Typically OTs don’t get good leverage for pad level and are taller so DTs could bully them by getting inside of them and use their bull rush.

The NFL is moving towards athletic lineman that can play multiple positions on the line. The OL that the Dolphins drafted played each spot on the line at Wisconsin. Also, majority of OL backups in the NFL play multiple spots on the line.

Advertisement
Back