Changing a mental mindset

dade305cane

Recruit
Premium
This needed it own thread after seeing some comments about the Enos PC. We FINALLY have some coaches that are trying to set a standard and change a "diseased" mindset. Constructive criticism breeds winning that is the only way in life you improve yourself whether it's work, sports, etc.
Even if you "performed" well there is always room for improvement because if you are satisfied then you'll settle for less and set yourself up for failure. There has to be accountability and a standard to be upheld otherwise how would one grow?
Jimmy Johnson had this mindset even that mf'er Saban has it winning coaches do. We don't know how good of coaches Diaz and Enos etc. will be but I can appreciate the fact that they know a weak mindset has to be changed in order to win because we have been stuck in mediocrity for YEAR's due to lack of accountability. Winning is just as much mental as it is physical
Don't think for a minute Enos didn't learn this while being at Bama I give the guy a ton of credit for coming here and taking on the challenge and holding Jarren to a standard he knows the kid needs to get better.
I don't know about you but I am SICK of watching subpar football played where it was once all about winning, **** my kids have yet to witness it in their lives.
Let these coaches try to right this ship!!! rant over...

Advertisement
I don't disagree, but I don't want to hear the coaches talk about "eradicating" a "disease" or anything along those lines anymore. You don't talk about your players as if they are the problem or a problem.

I get what they are trying to do and say, but they have to be careful about the terminology they use and how they approach it. This can't be the coaches against the players. It has to be everyone doing it together.

Now that the season has started, Manny and his coaches need to be thoughtful and careful with how they speak about this subject. It was simple and easy and meaningful to talk about changing the culture in the offseason, once the games start, that crap needs to end and it needs to be about winning one game at a time, no matter what. No excuses, and it's easy when talking about "changing culture" to sound like you're making excuses and/or blaming players.

I don't think they are making excuses at all and to be honest the kids all showed some fight so I don't think the "culture change" thing is something that will be ongoing if these kids buy in and continue to improve and not show negative body language when facing adversity.

Advertisement
Back