Chaney

He played a **** of a game.
He’s a really good back and his best days are ahead of him. He’s going to be a great back in the NFL.

Unfortunately, his talent can’t overcome his coaches stupidly.

It’s a shame, this will be his legacy as Cane, after everything he overcame.
The broken porcelain doll, who fumbled the game away.
Football is brutal but that is reality, feel for the kid.

Advertisement
Was at the game, and Chaney was as distraught after the game as I've ever seen a player. I thought they'd need to put him in a straightjacket.

Bottom line, he was fvcked by his own coaches.

Tar Heels look awful good , talking from experience they smell blood the taste is sweet and they’ll want some.

They’ll throw everything at us to break us early, I would .

This loss cut us deeply , we can be MTS if we want to teams left key word WANT.

We are now the HUNTED not FEARED .

I apologize for attacking us being fearful of GTECH in my replies to posts.

WE ARE NOW “ fearful “ and CFB knows it NOW.

We , our mindset has been breached .

GOCANES

Advertisement
I wouldn’t necessarily blame it on Chaney. Regardless, we need talent in the RB room. Chaney and Parrish aren’t it. We need a **** of a talented RB behind this nice Oline.
So a kid who has close to a 100 yards and DOESN'T fumble "aren't" it? Man we have some real winners on this board. SMH

Was at the game, and Chaney was as distraught after the game as I've ever seen a player. I thought they'd need to put him in a straightjacket.

Bottom line, he was fvcked by his own coaches.
Yes and no. Chaney was not responsible for the loss, but he was not fvcked by the coaches. Chaney, Dawson, and Mario were all in on trying to get him 100 yds rushing. He had 10 carries on that final drive, which was fine. We were trying to run the clock. Coaches realized he was getting close to 100 yds for the game. He had 98 yards up to that play of the fumble. He gained 4 yards on that play putting him at 102 yds rushing for the game. That's why Chaney was fighting for every yard and not protecting the football. Pretty selfish of Chaney. This is why he was so distraught after the game. He knows it was somewhat on him.

We can argue about the fumble. I think he was down, but why even put yourself in that position. Before that play, Marion and Dawson have to say, "Sorry Don. Not going to get that 100 yds tonight. Going to take a knee and run out the clock and win the game."

Again, this loss is on Mario (not Chaney). Coming off a bye week and have a performance like this? Then, after playing like crap all game, to actually have the game won in the final seconds and not take a knee? Inexcusable.

Yes and no. Chaney was not responsible for the loss, but he was not fvcked by the coaches. Chaney, Dawson, and Mario were all in on trying to get him 100 yds rushing. He had 10 carries on that final drive, which was fine. We were trying to run the clock. Coaches realized he was getting close to 100 yds for the game. He had 98 yards up to that play of the fumble. He gained 4 yards on that play putting him at 102 yds rushing for the game. That's why Chaney was fighting for every yard and not protecting the football. Pretty selfish of Chaney. This is why he was so distraught after the game. He knows it was somewhat on him.

We can argue about the fumble WAS NOT A FUMBLE but why even put yourself in that position. Before that play, Marion and Dawson have to say, "Sorry Don. Not going to get that 100 yds tonight. Going to take a knee and run out the clock and win the game."

Again, this loss is on Mario (not Chaney). Coming off a bye week and have a performance like this? Then, after playing like crap all game, to actually have the game won in the final seconds and not take a knee? Inexcusable.
Fixed

Everything else I agree.

Advertisement
Chaney has to hold onto the ball period. Desperate players will always try and take it away. He's going to have to get tougher.

With that said, he was actually down. And it sucks that he'll have this play on his resume forever.

They really treated him like a make-a-wish kid. Tried to stat pad him for a feel good story. Fvck you Mario.

Advertisement
Still the best back on this team and ran hard all night. He was down plus he shouldn’t have been put in that position anyway.

And to be fair, Kams play on that deep ball was more egregious than chaney’s error (which wasn’t a fumble fr, he was down). Kam as one of the smartest players in the country has to know how to play the deep ball late in the game and not get out of his position like that

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back