Chances of a game Friday night...

Advertisement
This is why you should never get your medical information from Twitter.

I don’t know who the fūck “a David Hale joint” is, I vaguely recall he’s some kind of sports reporter, but he’s talking about three different tests.

Yet anyone with even just a basic knowledge of medicine knows it an EKG and an electrocardiogram are the same fūcking thing. So he’s talking about two tests not three. Jesus Christ.
He's abbreviating where he doesn't need to. Here's what he meant to say:

The heart evaluation includes an electrocardiogram (EKG), a troponin test (blood) and an echocardiogram (ultrasound).

He's abbreviating where he doesn't need to. Here's what he meant to say:

The heart evaluation includes an electrocardiogram (EKG), a troponin test (blood) and an echocardiogram (ultrasound).

He didn’t say anything about an ultrasound. It was a stupid misleading post that highlights his lack of knowledge. The average non-medical person would come away dumber from reading that tweet thinking that an EKG and electrocardiograph were two different things.

How is an average person suppose to infer ultrasound when it is not mentioned. You don’t say EKG in place of it, when you’re doing an echo

He didn’t say anything about an ultrasound. It was a stupid misleading post that highlights his lack of knowledge. The average non-medical person would come away dumber from reading that tweet thinking that an EKG and electrocardiograph were two different things.

How is an average person suppose to infer ultrasound when it is not mentioned. You don’t say EKG in place of it, when you’re doing an echo
He got his abbreviations wrong. Unless he was certain, he should have just quoted the policy.

Advertisement
Precision is important in this case.

Electrocardiogram results are instantaneous.
Echocardiogram results are instantaneous.
Troponin test has a 60 minute turnaround time to result. (for ED patients).

Assuming the personnel is available to interpret the results and the lab processes quickly, these tests should be completed and a decision determined in no more than a couple of hours.

its 10 days plus the cardiac test if theyre a confirmed positive i believe
But isn't it 14 days + negative test result if they are held out due to contact tracing? You are actually held out longer if don't contract the virus but simply came in contact or close proximity to somebody who did test positive....

Can somebody confirm?

Last edited:
it doesn’t.

Your article literally starts off with a community that achieved herd immunity?

“We show that the number of people who got infected was really high — reaching 66% by the end of the first wave,” Sabino says. Her group concluded1 that this large infection rate meant that the number of people who were still vulnerable to the virus was too small to sustain new outbreaks — a phenomenon called herd immunity. Another group in Brazil reached similar conclusions2.

You're very wrong, herd immunity is real. Every path has a price, whether is letting herd immunity happen, or hiding in our homes and walmarts until waiting for a vaccination that will never come.

Advertisement
You're being sold a fake bill of goods by a radiologist and a reality TV actor. You guys were claiming this thing was going to fizzle out in FL by the end of August according to the radiologist. What happened to that?
I'd buy it again. We're seeing soaring cases but mortalities are plummeting. #winning

You're being sold a fake bill of goods by a radiologist and a reality TV actor. You guys were claiming this thing was going to fizzle out in FL by the end of August according to the radiologist. What happened to that?
I guess some folks here would go to a podiatrist for lung issues instead of a pulmonologist. I can see how P. T. Barnum was successful with the circus, something about “a sucker born ...

Advertisement
It would be awesome to see a bunch of second and third stringers gain experience and get a win. I say play the game and let's see what we have with our youngsters. On the other hand, if we are playing with a bunch of walk ons then postpone it.

Virginia Tech played NC State earlier this year with 23 guys out due to Covid. Including their starting QB and throw in their DC as well and three other coaches. As long as the OL and DL aren't crushed they'll play. The ACC has already set a precedent for it. Miami would have to make a pretty compelling case about the safety of players because of lack of depth to not play the game. And it is primetime game on a Friday night on ESPN. King, Perry and Manny plus 20 other guys might have to be part of the quarantine list with multiple DL and OL on it for the game not to be played. Competitive disadvantage won't be enough.

We're also operating like the players that will miss game are all on scholarship. Maybe that has been cleared up already but I'm pretty sure walk-ons aren't immune from Covid. So they could very well be part of the number.

Last edited:
Your article literally starts off with a community that achieved herd immunity?

You're very wrong, herd immunity is real. Every path has a price, whether is letting herd immunity happen, or hiding in our homes and walmarts until waiting for a vaccination that will never come.

You misunderstand what's in the article--and you misunderstand how herd immunity works. Perhaps you should read the entire article, instead of just the first couple paragraphs.

The two examples that start the article are unverified/not peer reviewed "preprints" of research manuscripts. That's why the article starts off with them--to show that they are unreliable sources of info, because they have not been vetted in any way.

If you'd read the full piece, you'd have seen this:

"In Manaus, mortality rates during the first week of May soared to four-and-a-half times what they had been the preceding year7. And despite the subsequent excitement over the August slowdown in cases, numbers seem to be rising again. This surge shows that speculation that the population in Manaus has reached herd immunity “just isn’t true”, Andersen says.:

Advertisement
This is why you should never get your medical information from Twitter.

I don’t know who the fūck “a David Hale joint” is, I vaguely recall he’s some kind of sports reporter, but he’s talking about three different tests.

Yet anyone with even just a basic knowledge of medicine knows it an EKG and an electrocardiogram are the same fūcking thing. So he’s talking about two tests not three. Jesus Christ.
And since when does an EKG take 3 days? They clear 90 year old ladies for major surgery with heart testing done in about 2 hours.

Maybe in your neck of the woods, but that would be hardly anything I'd be shutting down a country over.
Yes because the country's shut down. I have no idea why I've been so insanely busy raking in money at work the last several months.

Advertisement
Back