Chance Morrow WR '22

gogeta4

All-ACC
Received an offer about a week ago. Comes from a good program in West Charlotte.

It's obvious they want a bigger jumbo wr. I like the targets of Horton, Gibson, Morrow.

Morrow got offered by OU same day as us.

Advertisement
He's big and fluid. Not stiff at all. Not a deep threat. He will work short to intermediate routes. Good for 3-4 first downs a game based on his size and route. He should get three first downs a game on slants alone. In the redzone he would be a tough matchup on fades, crossers and slants. He needs to add 15lbs of muscle so he can be more physical on his release and after he makes a catch. Good prospect that brings a much-needed size element to the WR room. I would like to see him be more physical at his size.

Advertisement
I’ve trying to tell y’all. If you are really serious about competing with the big boys then we need to start adding some weight and size to the WR room. Y’all can sit here and talk about Waddle and Devonta all y’all want but 4 of the top 6 WRs taken were in the draft were at/over 6 ft or over 195 pounds. They weren’t small guys and the first one is 6 ft 210 and he didn’t even play this year.

In regards to this guy though, he moves like a TE to me. Jayden is way smoother at the same size and isn’t so tight in the hips. Large wingspan though and he’s good at creating separation. I guess you can get him a shot and hope the weight room does wonders for him but in my guess he’s going to end up a TE.

Advertisement
@gogeta4 that's a good find. Those Lions, as you probably know, have fallen on hard times. Today, Zebulon B. Vance High School is winning like WC used too, but historically West Charlotte as an area has been one of the hotbeds for football talent in NC. ZBV was built in 1997, and the demographics for that area is changing. WC and ZBV are only about seven or eight miles a part. You have ties to that area? How did you know about West Charlotte?

@gogeta4 that's a good find. Those Lions, as you probably know, have fallen on hard times. Today, Zebulon B. Vance High School is winning like WC used too, but historically West Charlotte as an area has been one of the hotbeds for football talent in NC. ZBV was built in 1997, and the demographics for that area is changing. WC and ZBV are only about seven or eight miles a part. You have ties to that area? How did you know about West Charlotte?
Dang i didnt know tht.

Back in the early 2000s i know West Charlotte had talent...and Shelby Crest.

I have ties to Raleigh area...my old man went to college there...I also was coached by Mallard Creeks previous hc when i was in high school.

Its early but no better time to have that uncomfortable cis conversation “ buh buh buh but he’s over 6’3 bro, is he a te”?

Haha, too true. I'm one of "those" guys. But I was right about Evidence Njoku, lol.

Advertisement
I’ve trying to tell y’all. If you are really serious about competing with the big boys then we need to start adding some weight and size to the WR room. Y’all can sit here and talk about Waddle and Devonta all y’all want but 4 of the top 6 WRs taken were in the draft were at/over 6 ft or over 195 pounds. They weren’t small guys and the first one is 6 ft 210 and he didn’t even play this year.

In regards to this guy though, he moves like a TE to me. Jayden is way smoother at the same size and isn’t so tight in the hips. Large wingspan though and he’s good at creating separation. I guess you can get him a shot and hope the weight room does wonders for him but in my guess he’s going to end up a TE.
Could not agree more, want some of them 200 plus pound WRs

Advertisement
Dang i didnt know tht.

Back in the early 2000s i know West Charlotte had talent...and Shelby Crest.

I have ties to Raleigh area...my old man went to college there...I also was coached by Mallard Creeks previous hc when i was in high school.
#Respect. I was Durham raised...know the schools in Raleigh well. West Charlotte was a historically Black high school going back to the days of racial segregation. It is one of the last remaining that has not been changed from a high school to a middle school or elementary school. Dudley in Greensboro and Hillside in Durham are two of the last. But you're right about that West Charlotte area, still a lot of football talent there.

Do you live around there? I lived in West Charlotte for 4-5 years in the "Mill Vill". Used to deliver food to this high school and my ex went there.

Advertisement
Back