Chaminade DT Haye commits to UM, breaks down pledge

He hadn’t been at the university for the entire 2018-2019 academic year. He joined when Diaz was hired full-time, so you’re wrong again. But I’m done going back and forth on a nonsensical hypothetical that will never come to fruition. Keep attacking one of the few coaches who is worth his name in salt, for pretty much no reason at all other than pipe dream hires.

The rule doesn't specify it has to be both semesters of each academic year, just that employment has to at least fall within two academic years which Stroud's time at UM does meet the criteria for reassignment!

11.4.4.2 Exception—Reassignment. [FBS]An institution may reassign an individual associated with a prospective student-athlete from a countable coaching staff position to a noncoaching staff position or strength and conditioning staff position, provided the individual has been a countable coach at the institution for at least the previous two academic years. (Adopted: 4/26/17)

But back to the original post about Hayes Commitment to UM.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Yessir.

He's a raw prospect, was a Basketball player & didn't start playing Footall until HS, but has very good upside. Plays with low center of gravity & has good hand fighting skills, with nice rip technique, has quick feet as well. He's a Jamaican kid from North Lauderdale & is Jovan Haye's Nephew who used to play for the Titans & current DL coach at Vandy.

I first posted on him back in May 2019 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2021-dt-allan-haye.147414/
when he was originally at Coco Creek, he transferred to Nade & had an increase production with 69tcks 9TFL's & 6 sacks playing on a State Championship Defense.

He reminds me of Corey Liuget, not saying he's a 1st rounder like Liuget was, but has similar style game & upside IMO.
Took the same route as his uncle Javon didn’t start playing until his junior year

Or in other words, had no interest in going anywhere but where he's been for the last 8 years.

He supposedly signed a memorandum with Indiana but then backed out of the deal. So he was on his way to Indiana but got a better offer to stay in East Lansing.

Go Canes

Advertisement
The rule doesn't specify it has to be both semesters of each academic year, just that employment has to at least fall within two academic years which Stroud's time at UM does meet the criteria for reassignment!

11.4.4.2 Exception—Reassignment. [FBS]An institution may reassign an individual associated with a prospective student-athlete from a countable coaching staff position to a noncoaching staff position or strength and conditioning staff position, provided the individual has been a countable coach at the institution for at least the previous two academic years. (Adopted: 4/26/17)

But back to the original post about Hayes Commitment to UM.

Go Canes
No it doesn't lmao. I literally get paid to interpret words. That's does not appear to be the intent of this legislation, nor the spirit of the rule. "For two academic years" means the duration of two academic years, which would mean two full academic calendars and that has not been satisfied.

Yessir.

He's a raw prospect, was a Basketball player & didn't start playing Footall until HS, but has very good upside. Plays with low center of gravity & has good hand fighting skills, with nice rip technique, has quick feet as well. He's a Jamaican kid from North Lauderdale & is Jovan Haye's Nephew who used to play for the Titans & current DL coach at Vandy.

I first posted on him back in May 2019 https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/2021-dt-allan-haye.147414/
when he was originally at Coco Creek, he transferred to Nade & had an increase production with 69tcks 9TFL's & 6 sacks playing on a State Championship Defense.

He reminds me of Corey Liuget, not saying he's a 1st rounder like Liuget was, but has similar style game & upside IMO.
Corey was a former b ball p player too. Tells you atleast if he was average as a ball player **** have good footwork & hand placement. I like the idea especially since most Jamaicans at this age still have so much room to grow. Stroud the kids love but I'm iffy on his technical work. Kids this raw you gotta groom them from the ground up. Well see. Should be interesting then. I'll look into more but Greg this season will show us alot too. So much of his work came from lessons with Jess. Wanna see how he continues to develope as well under Stroud.

Advertisement
You obviously haven't been watching since he's been named an assistant.

Strikers have played well enough from what I've seen.

Regarding Stroud: no one aside from Rousseau came anywhere near exceeding expectations in 2019.

Last edited:
No it doesn't lmao. I literally get paid to interpret words. That's does not appear to be the intent of this legislation, nor the spirit of the rule. "For two academic years" means the duration of two academic years, which would mean two full academic calendars and that has not been satisfied.

And if we look to NCAA definitions for how an academic year is satisfied in the context of players, we find actual language that tends to support the above:

14.02.11.1 Academic Year of Residence. To satisfy an academic year of residence, a student shall: (Adopted: 4/30/10) (a) Be enrolled in and complete a minimum full-time program of studies for two full semesters or three full quarters; or (b) Be enrolled in a minimum full-time program of studies for two semesters or three quarters and pass a number of hours (including hours earned at the certifying institution during a summer term) that is at least equal to the sum total of the minimum load of each of the required terms. (Revised: 4/9/13)

Advertisement
So a few months ago when Ron Burton and Kevin Patrick were available can you say either one wouldn't have been an upgrade at dline coach if Miami had hired either one and moved Stroud to Assoc Chief of Staff.

Go Canes
They would've indicated interest in the job if they wanted it. Why do people think if we just tell someone they're hired they'll just drop what they're doing, pack and show up in The Gables?

KP got fired, get off his Johnson.

So did Stroud, he was fired from Akron and nooo one other than Manny came calling to hire him and that came his mouth. Stroud's defense/dline at Akron was garbage and he hasn't had a player drafted in 15+ years. But you go ahead and try to put him in the same breath as Kevin Patrick who had a dlinemen drafted 18th in 2019 and 5th in 2018.

Go Canes

Advertisement
They would've indicated interest in the job if they wanted it. Why do people think if we just tell someone they're hired they'll just drop what they're doing, pack and show up in The Gables?

The job has to be open first for them to Express interest.

Go Canes

Supposedly ucf trying to flip him

In addition to Anderson, UCF is making a push for current Miami commit defensive tackle, Allan Haye. On Nov. 28, Haye told 247Sportsthat the only other school he is talking with in addition to Miami is UCF. This is a potential flip for the Knights and I'm guessing there be some signing day drama.

Supposedly ucf trying to flip him

In addition to Anderson, UCF is making a push for current Miami commit defensive tackle, Allan Haye. On Nov. 28, Haye told 247Sportsthat the only other school he is talking with in addition to Miami is UCF. This is a potential flip for the Knights and I'm guessing there be some signing day drama.
If he’s playing games drop his *** and give the spot to someone who wants in

If it’s us or UCF part of me feels we are okay with him leaving. Only lower level school in Florida to ever actually beat us for a recruit was Kayvon Webster.

Advertisement
Back