Challenge to the new president, Mr. Miller and the BOT

5. SLS will be just fine next year with the roof and reduced capacity. Perfect for big games to sell 65k seats and not so **** large that a 40k crowd looks ridiculous. The 40k crowd for BCC didn't look too bad at all. My section was pretty **** full.

It looked completely empty on TV. You guys who go to games there always seem to think there are a lot more people in attendance than there actually are.

On TV they show the visitor side of the field. That is the sun side of the field so everyone's first choice of tickets is on the home side in the shade. The only people you gt on the visitor side is the student section from the endzone to the 25 yard line, then the season ticket holders that like to be roasted to death in direct sunlight, and then the visiting teams ticket section.

The BCC game in particular had a consistent rain through the first quarter and then a 1 1/2 hour lightning delay where most people left b/c they we terrible about communicating exactly WHEN the game would restart.

Advertisement
5. SLS will be just fine next year with the roof and reduced capacity. Perfect for big games to sell 65k seats and not so **** large that a 40k crowd looks ridiculous. The 40k crowd for BCC didn't look too bad at all. My section was pretty **** full.

It looked completely empty on TV. You guys who go to games there always seem to think there are a lot more people in attendance than there actually are.

On TV they show the visitor side of the field. That is the sun side of the field so everyone's first choice of tickets is on the home side in the shade. The only people you gt on the visitor side is the student section from the endzone to the 25 yard line, then the season ticket holders that like to be roasted to death in direct sunlight, and then the visiting teams ticket section.

The BCC game in particular had a consistent rain through the first quarter and then a 1 1/2 hour lightning delay where most people left b/c they we terrible about communicating exactly WHEN the game would restart.
You just went down a laundry list of excuses that do nothing to disprove the fact that the stadium looked empty. There were more empty seats than people, so, contrary to your initial assertion, it did look bad.

I challenge you to attend the game at FAU tomorrow night and explain why the University of Miami students and alumni do not deserve the same home football game atmosphere you will experience tomorrow night. Just a couple years ago Miami played FAU at sunlife stadium. There was no buzz, no excitement and no demand for tickets. Yet an "away game" a couple counties away is sold out and South Florida is buzzing about. It's not hard to figure out why -- a thirst for a real college atmosphere. Bring this experience to the Univesity of Miami.

:stephenahand:

1. We don't have the land.

2. Everywhere we could have land is away from campus. Even if we had land close by there are only 7,500 undergrad students and a decent amount of those (3-4k) attend games at SLS anyway. Minimal increase if any in attendance from students. Traffic is a nightmare anywhere south of where I-95 ends.

3. A 30k seat stadium would be a joke and a money loser. ****ty attendance or not we sell on average 50k tickets to each game representing a $10M +/- loss in revenue plus UM would be responsible for upkeep.

4. You obviously have never been to FAU stadium b/c its a erector set of ****. Traffic and parking are going to be horrendous and just wait to see how long the lines for concessions and bathrooms are going to be. Think ****-tris Bowl in Orlando bad.

There are a million more reasons but just accept reality and enjoy what we have.

What is with the people of Miami? Why are you guys so pessimistic and beaten down about everything?

"Just accept reality" is a loser, third world mentality.

I challenge you to attend the game at FAU tomorrow night and explain why the University of Miami students and alumni do not deserve the same home football game atmosphere you will experience tomorrow night. Just a couple years ago Miami played FAU at sunlife stadium. There was no buzz, no excitement and no demand for tickets. Yet an "away game" a couple counties away is sold out and South Florida is buzzing about. It's not hard to figure out why -- a thirst for a real college atmosphere. Bring this experience to the Univesity of Miami.

:stephenahand:

1. We don't have the land.

2. Everywhere we could have land is away from campus. Even if we had land close by there are only 7,500 undergrad students and a decent amount of those (3-4k) attend games at SLS anyway. Minimal increase if any in attendance from students. Traffic is a nightmare anywhere south of where I-95 ends.

3. A 30k seat stadium would be a joke and a money loser. ****ty attendance or not we sell on average 50k tickets to each game representing a $10M +/- loss in revenue plus UM would be responsible for upkeep.

4. You obviously have never been to FAU stadium b/c its a erector set of ****. Traffic and parking are going to be horrendous and just wait to see how long the lines for concessions and bathrooms are going to be. Think ****-tris Bowl in Orlando bad.

There are a million more reasons but just accept reality and enjoy what we have.

Wow. Just, wow.

Advertisement
Sun life is where we're at for a long time. Next year the seating capacity will only be 55,000 for Cane games and 65,000 for the Fins. The banners blocking the upper end zone sections looked pretty sweet too. Plus the roof should make it louder

Sun life is where we're at for a long time. Next year the seating capacity will only be 55,000 for Cane games and 65,000 for the Fins. The banners blocking the upper end zone sections looked pretty sweet too. Plus the roof should make it louder

I will agree that it's better than last year, but I'm far from sold that it's a good situation for a university of our size.

It was crowded before the delay minus the new idiotic luxury seats from the 40 to 40 on the home side. After the delay, SLS was a ghost town.

I watched the entire game. You can try to convince yourself it was "crowded" at some point, but it was empty between the 30s from the opening kick. Then it completely emptied out after a measly hour delay.

Yes, the various people who were at the game, and the attendance numbers, are wrong, and the mighty Franchise, big talker, knower of nothing, who wasn't even there, knows better. Sure.

Advertisement
Back