Challenge to the new president, Mr. Miller and the BOT

MGreen26

Freshman
I challenge you to attend the game at FAU tomorrow night and explain why the University of Miami students and alumni do not deserve the same home football game atmosphere you will experience tomorrow night. Just a couple years ago Miami played FAU at sunlife stadium. There was no buzz, no excitement and no demand for tickets. Yet an "away game" a couple counties away is sold out and South Florida is buzzing about. It's not hard to figure out why -- a thirst for a real college atmosphere. Bring this experience to the Univesity of Miami.

Advertisement
I'm more excited to see the Canes at FAU than I was for SLS.

20 years left on the lease...

Yep. Once you make one bad decision, it's easy to follow up and make a worse decision. Stadium long term lease is DUMB.

Hiring Golden was DUMB, but giving that thieving SOB an extension is such a bad mistake - no sane, rational, prudent person would do that.

20 years left on the lease...

Yep. Once you make one bad decision, it's easy to follow up and make a worse decision. Stadium long term lease is DUMB.

Hiring Golden was DUMB, but giving that thieving SOB an extension is such a bad mistake - no sane, rational, prudent person would do that.

The people in charge don't care. It was an easy decision.

Advertisement
Why is an on campus stadium desirable? So a few students living on campus can walk to the game? Driving to and from the game would be a nightmare. You don't need to have an on campus stadium to have a great college atmosphere. USC and UCLA are doing OK.

Why is an on campus stadium desirable? So a few students living on campus can walk to the game? Driving to and from the game would be a nightmare. You don't need to have an on campus stadium to have a great college atmosphere. USC and UCLA are doing OK.

https://www.google.com/search?clien...q=distance+from+usc+campus+to+the+la+coliseum It's a three minute drive from USC campus to the LA Coliseum but I kind of get what you're saying. Something that really hurts Sun Life as compared to the Rose Bowl and the Coliseum is the surrounding area at Sun Life is pretty bland. No clubs/bars for the college kid.

I live across the street from the Neil Schiff Tennis Center. An on campus stadium would not be great. Nowhere to tailgate, traffic would be a nightmare, parking as well, no beer sold at games and the biggest thing is Coral Gables as a city is such a pain in the a$$ to get anything done. I personally would love it as I would walk there but more fans would complain about it because of the tailgating, parking and traffic nightmare. Most would probably have to take metrorail from downtown to get to a game on time. Nightmare.

Advertisement
I live across the street from the Neil Schiff Tennis Center. An on campus stadium would not be great. Nowhere to tailgate, traffic would be a nightmare, parking as well, no beer sold at games and the biggest thing is Coral Gables as a city is such a pain in the a$$ to get anything done. I personally would love it as I would walk there but more fans would complain about it because of the tailgating, parking and traffic nightmare. Most would probably have to take metrorail from downtown to get to a game on time. Nightmare.

Just knock down some of the dorms, build over the lake, take down the church, demolish the hecht, and then build a stadium and direct highways from 826,836 and it's all good to go.

On a related note, I don't think that a stadium of our own needs to be specifically ON campus. The Orange Bowl wasn't on campus but it was more than close enough and significantly closer than Sun Life. Should a new stadium be someday built, I feel like the Metrorail is something that should really be taken advantage of. Make the new stadium its own stop so non-tailgaters can still get to the stadium easily and commiserate with the tailgaters while controlling overcrowding.

Could you imagine the rich ****ers on San Amaro Dr. or Campo Sano Ave. with cardboard signs offering $20 no blocky?? Oh the lulz...

I challenge you to attend the game at FAU tomorrow night and explain why the University of Miami students and alumni do not deserve the same home football game atmosphere you will experience tomorrow night. Just a couple years ago Miami played FAU at sunlife stadium. There was no buzz, no excitement and no demand for tickets. Yet an "away game" a couple counties away is sold out and South Florida is buzzing about. It's not hard to figure out why -- a thirst for a real college atmosphere. Bring this experience to the Univesity of Miami.

You have good intentions, but its wildly unrealistic. Besides, wouldnt you want their attention on hiring a great coach, improving facilities, etc.?

Advertisement
Rejoice.

Firing Day is 81 away.

[video=youtube;aM7wD7L5iFw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM7wD7L5iFw[/video]

You might want to show up at the Nebraska game next Sat after posting your know-it-all diatribe. FAU stadium holds 29,700k LOL

It's hard to compare what you see in these other stadiums on campus across the country. I don't think the typical Miami student these days is much of a football fan are they? It's a small school to start with. Then you throw in the surrounding area and we're talking about Miami here.
This is not some backwoods town like these other campuses where 90% of the population LIVES for college football and college sports.

Any stadium needs to be built to cater to the most possible fans from whatever base that is...alumni, students, etc.

Advertisement
What we need is the OB back or take over of that thing on site now. But I say try a decent coach first. Old Canes had little trouble games. Bring Butch back and he can treat the home games as away games. Act like we are homeless, and kick everyone rear.

Uh, it's sold out because the stadium is tiny. There were more people at the SunLife stadium game we played against FAU than there will be at FAU's stadium. Not that I like SunLife, but that's the reality.

Agreed it doesn't have to be on campus (in fact, that's not even a possibility based on room available on campus and Coral Gables laws), but Sun Life is way too far away. Problem is, there aren't many good locations to choose from, especially with Miami-Dade government never showing any favorable views towards UM (despite the major economic impact of UM in the area).

we are right smack in the middle of our next HUGE mistake and that is letting these futballers take our land.
the beckham search has made it crystal clear that there aren't more attractive options available and yet we apparently are going to stand by and watch it get taken.
this despite the fact that the pols have signaled their interest in us being involved.
need leadership more than we need money.

Advertisement
Back