Chain mark was wrong

KingRon2

Recruit
I know we should not have been in that position.

We should be able to make chip shot field goals.

But that chain was wrong. You could clearly see the mark was at the 4.5 when Jordan caught the ball. He caught it at the 4.

Then when they measured the first down mark moved from the 4.5 to inside the 4. Let’s call it the 3.9. The first down marker moved by over half a yard.

If you have the stomach to watch the replay of the catch again you can see the marker at the top of the screen. See it is between the 4 and 5. But then it is within the 4 when they measured.

Clearly should have been first down at the 4.

Again, I know we should not be in that position.

Advertisement

But that chain was wrong. You could clearly see the mark was at the 4.5 when Jordan caught the ball. He caught it at the 4.

Then when they measured the first down mark moved from the 4.5 to inside the 4. Let’s call it the 3.9. The first down marker moved by over half a yard.

If you have the stomach to watch the replay of the catch again you can see the marker at the top of the screen. See it is between the 4 and 5. But then it is within the 4 when they measured.

Doesn't matter. GT was winning anyway.

A better spot would have just extended our misery.

Advertisement
Not that it matters, but op is right. Just went back and looked and on the Jordan first down, they marked the ball at about the 14 and a half yard line. Then when they measured on the last play of the game the chain extended out to the goalline side of the 4 yard line hash. A full half yard further than it should have been. If the chain was in the right spot, it was a first down. All that being said.....who gives a ****.

The most frustrating thing to me is that he looks like he doesn't give a f*ck, how are you not in that Refs face arguing about that bull**** mark. If call stands he's down at the three not 4. Fck soft *** Corch Shanny.

Advertisement
Screen Shot 2019-10-19 at 1.09.53 PM.png

So what? We score a TD and miss the extra point or throw an incomplete fade to Osborn in the corner of the end zone. We prolly lose anyways.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back