Chad Thomas

252cane

All-ACC
What yall think about him standing up at wde? I been saying and everybody else too that he will be a 5 technique but i don't see it. He is 240 now and golden wants the sde to be 280+. That is to much weight to put on i see him at 265. The more i see him he reminds me of aldon smith, same type build and similar skills.

Advertisement
Far too versatile to put him in one role.

His versatility should completely change the way we play our defense.

I could see him as a stack end, 3 technique, AND edge rusher.

He said the staff wants him to play the McCord role next year. I hope we don't ballon him up like we did Chick

He said the staff wants him to play the McCord role next year. I hope we don't ballon him up like we did Chick

Even if he simply puts on weight naturally by being on a D1 level, strength and nutrition program, he's probably going to wind up in the area of 265-270. We should use him in all kinds of ways.

Advertisement
I think Deme Jackson is the bigger toy to play with. Along with Owens. Nothing wrong with CThomas playing Chicks role. He will be BETTER at it because he is more athletic and more versatile. Chick gained weight and was never the same. He is solid but just not a game changer.

Even if he simply puts on weight naturally by being on a D1 level, strength and nutrition program, he's probably going to wind up in the area of 265-270. We should use him in all kinds of ways.
This the kid is a freak, he is never going to be 265 naturally, this is a kid that could be on a diet and would not stay under 270. This is a kid that will play and not lose a step in the 280 range. He is nothing like Chickillo, nothing, bigger faster stronger.

Would his weight be a problem if we tried to use him in the inside to get penetration like btw currently uses him

Far too versatile to put him in one role.

His versatility should completely change the way we play our defense.

I could see him as a stack end, 3 technique, AND edge rusher.

Whoa, slow down. Corch D isn't changing anything about this defense.

Advertisement
"Hey Chad, we know you're one of the best edge rushers in the nation but we'd like you to bulk up to 285lbs and play a 2-gap technique against offensive linemen."

Advertisement
We'll use him in a role similar to McCord - put our best pass rusher on the field for 5 plays a game.

Advertisement
he can step in and play all 3 downs foe Green in 2 years hopefully Tyriq can take that spot nect year or finish the year as it we need a pass rusher on the field at all times we get killed on 1st and 2nd down throws cause no pass rush

Advertisement
Back