Chad Thomas

Advertisement
Hmmm...having only read the short summary, I'm guessing he's wanting to see what happens with his former teammate who is trying to break his signed commitment to FSU.

Does anybody have a summary of the article? Off of the footnotes I saw it just seems like he isn't focusing on recruiting much but more on music and his high school team

Advertisement
Does anybody have a summary of the article? Off of the footnotes I saw it just seems like he isn't focusing on recruiting much but more on music and his high school team
Detailed Summary:
-Has missed several spring practices and spring events for his music
-Works out at BTW after the team is gone, sometimes not getting done until 9-10 pm
-Says balance between music and football is "difficult"
-Sometimes Chad won't get home until midnight but says he's "used to it"
-Doesn't view recruiting as difficult and has put it on the back burner because he simply doesn't have time to deal with it right now
-"There's no top three anymore," he said. "I'm focused on school stuff, am not paying attention (to colleges) that much. I'm open."
-"I'm cool with Miami. That's the home school. I watched them growing up."
-Says they have a "decent shot"
-Wants to make a decision before signing day, probably during his senior season
-Wants to talk with Ice and family about his decision, but doesn't have a time table for that
-Performed at the Lincoln Center in NYC, but didn't place

Detailed Summary:
-Has missed several spring practices and spring events for his music
-Works out at BTW after the team is gone, sometimes not getting done until 9-10 pm
-Says balance between music and football is "difficult"
-Sometimes Chad won't get home until midnight but says he's "used to it"
-Doesn't view recruiting as difficult and has put it on the back burner because he simply doesn't have time to deal with it right now
-"There's no top three anymore," he said. "I'm focused on school stuff, am not paying attention (to colleges) that much. I'm open."
-"I'm cool with Miami. That's the home school. I watched them growing up."
-Says they have a "decent shot"
-Wants to make a decision before signing day, probably during his senior season
-Wants to talk with Ice and family about his decision, but doesn't have a time table for that
-Performed at the Lincoln Center in NYC, but didn't place

This makes me say that summer is where he focuses more because during his senior year will be hectic as **** but I don't think UM is in any worst shape as it was before

Translation= get used to the idea he's probably NOT coming here.

Everything this kid is saying sounds like Matthew Thomas part 2. "Its the home school, I watched them growing up". "Im cool with Miami".

Hardly a ringing endorsement. If he's that lukewarm to us now, I dont see him getting much more enamoured with us as recruiting really heats up.

Sounds like the kid has other priorities than just spring football. Meaning I would not read into this that much.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I hope I don't have to make a meme for this kid on NSD saying "talented musician, goes to fsu"

Advertisement
I would assume everything going on at F$U with his buddy might steer him away from there. It seems that would also improve our chances.

Sounds like the kid didnt want to do the interview, he is focusing on other priorities good for him, now lets see how many negative posts people are going to put, i have seen one so far

Advertisement
This kid is focusing on school and people are ****ed he doesnt want to do interviews those people should shut up school is always #1 over football thats that

This kid is focusing on school and people are ****ed he doesnt want to do interviews those people should shut up school is always #1 over football thats that

I feel for a 16 year old kid and that schedule, I mean that's like a full time job and full time at school he has to go through so recruiting should literally be the last thing on his mind

The kid is very focused on his academics and music and not worrying about recruiting and interviews. Still see him and Patten at Miami. Not even worried about FSU here the big threat to Miami is LSU. I'm surprised Treon doesn't even have an offer at CB for UM..

Some of y'all nailed it.

Football is not this kid's priority right now.

You can hold that against him in your Kiper evaluations if you'd like, but it doesn't mean we're in a poor position to land this kid. We've consistently been in his top three, and he's going to sit down with his family and Ice soon. We've got Frost School of Music on our side. And regardless of your feelings toward Ice, all indications lately are that he still loves the U and still talks us up to his kids.

I'm not saying we land him, but we're in good position.

Advertisement
Back